PDA

View Full Version : EG civic problem

wrespect
05-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi was just wondering if anyone would know why when i change to 2nd gear my car would seem to bog down for at least a full second then start reving up like normal? ive tried changing new spark plugs new fuel filter + also running injector cleaner, it used to do it from 2nd to 3rd aswell but now after changing the above only seems to still do it in 2nd. :confused:

please, any ideas?

trism
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
what model is it? gli? vti?

wouldnt be clutch slipping coz itd rev but not go anywhere.

Changed air filter? What fuel do you run in it?

get some throttle body/carby cleaner and give all around the outside of the throttle body a good clean, and take off the intake pipe, spray all around the inside of it, open up the throttle plate and spray it all around inside, make sure you give it a good clean, you will see all the shit coming off it.

hmetro24
05-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Have you checked your air filter, is it clean?

wrespect
05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
its a GLI. got a brand new k&N pod filter, running BP ultimate car was sitting around for a while although i had emptied the tank prior to adding new fuel will try throttle body cleaner ive pulled one apart b4 ive seen how dirty it gets so it will def be my next step just seems strange it only happens in 2nd tho i can take off in 2nd and change to 3rd and it wont do it only 1st to 2nd ill take the whole intake off and give it a good clean tomorrow let you's know how it goes then.

thanks

wrespect
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Took intake off and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner cleaned all the gunk out, taken the dizzy off checked it dosent seem to be anything wrong there, put it all back together

but hasnt changed :(

slimx
08-07-2011, 01:54 PM
U sure its not clutch slipping??

Probably best off shooting a video of it and posting it up ??

bennjamin
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Might be faulty TPS

TheSaint
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
have u tried an injecter/fuel/valve cleaner/treatment?

that and quality fuel usually clears up the D15b7 hesitation problem

or if you get bored put in a D16a6 cam and D16z6 intake manifold for around $100 - good times

wrespect
09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you to all opened up tank again and changed the fuel pump seems like it was on the way out(has happened b4 on another car) got a pump from an Ek put it in and so far no more problems... If I get bored might go for the d16 parts offer but it's only the daily so I'll see how I go. Thanks to everyone again

TheSaint
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
even if you dont do the cam because its just a daily - i would suggest the intake manifold and some headers - makes traversing normal traffic a bit easier with a little extra low down torque (dont have to rev so much)

intake manifold - $100max
headers - $140 on ebay
hondata intake manifold gasket + permatex - $75

installation - maybe a day or so depending on how clean the manifold is, how hard ur original gaskets are to get off, and how good u are with a socket set =)