PDA

View Full Version : H1 HID Installation Guide - Accord Euro (2007)

haitim01
06-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

does anyone have a link or guide on how to install HID's in an accord Euro, all the other vids i have found refer to kits that arent H1 therefore they are a different set-up than the H1 HID kit.

Specifically how do i remove the 2 clips from the bulb?

There is one clip that goes directly onto the bulb which comes off with a fair bit of wiggling, but the other one seems well stuck? I presume this is the 'earth' one?

No matter how much i try to wiggle it free it just wont come off, i feel like im about to break something....

jono_l
06-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Are you referring to clips on the actual headlight itself? Press the clips in (further towards the front of the car) to release them from their catches, then move them outwards (towards either side of the car) - it should pop right out without hassle.

haitim01
06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
No, I can get the bulb out fine, once it's out there is one power lead to the build then I think the ground lead is connected to the light assembly. But it wont seem to release from whatever it's holding onto.

haitim01
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Here is a rough drawing to let you know what im talking about.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3945/accordheadlight.jpg

The clip on the bulb and pulls off fine, but the other one seems fixed, but they are only push clips.... how do i get it off without breaking it?? pliers?

haitim01
06-07-2011, 01:11 PM
the H1 hole on teh drawing may not be in teh correct positon relative to teh other lights in reality, but it shows what im trying to explain.

jono_l
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Ah I gotcha mate - can't really help you there unfortunately as it's different from the oem HIDs on mine.

The service manual seems to suggest that the wires should should pull right off though (possibly after releasing a clip?) - it simply says "Remove the connectors (A) from the headlight assembly (B)."

Always sounds sound so much easier in the manual!

Also, assuming you're running the ballast off a relay, couldn't you just trigger the relay using the positive wire that you've already disconnected from the H1 bulb?

marquee
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Try and give you an idea there should be two plugs on the bulb one is positive one is negative they should plug into your ballasts and good to go if you need pictures let me know

haitim01
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
On the H1 bulbs only 1 connection. The other is connected to the light housing itself

Yes please post/send some pictures.

Bobo
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I got the same problem for my Euro. Have you figured out how to take it out?

marquee
10-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey mate just reinstated some new headlights went back to phillips h1s and know what you mean by the plug attached to the light housing. It is exactly the same as the positive plug but harder to get leverage because its up the top of the housing if u can pull the rubber cover back a bit and get a good grip on the actual plug no matter how hard u pull it won't break the wire because your pulling the connector not the wire see how that goes

Bobo
11-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok, finally got it out with quite abit of force and wriggling required. I have installed a 55W H1 6000K (Is that legal in NSW?) and it looks like it will blind on-comming drivers. Is it possible to lower the projectile of the beam on a 2007 euro?

marquee
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok, finally got it out with quite abit of force and wriggling required. I have installed a 55W H1 6000K (Is that legal in NSW?) and it looks like it will blind on-comming drivers. Is it possible to lower the projectile of the beam on a 2007 euro?

Illegal..... Yea you can direct it down if u look open your bonnet and look on the plastic part that covers your grille there are holes pretty close to either end with a bolt with some teeth in it get a phillips head and screw it not sure which way is up or down but its on the radiator cover

jono_l
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Is this a HID kit or just a halogen H1 bulb?

Technically speaking, any H1 HID kit (regardless of colour) is illegal as there is no H1 HID bulb that is ECE or ADR approved, and that HID headlights requires a very different beam pattern to the halogen headlights. This is before we take into account the fact that you cannot get a proper beam pattern from a H1 HID bulb due to the difference in filament/arc positions, as well as the lack of the required headlight washers and automatic levelling systems needed to meet ADR requirements.

With regards to colour temperature, 6000K is also technically illegal, as far as my knowledge goes there are no 6000K bulbs (HID or halogen) which meet ECE or ADR specs. The ECE/ADR specs actually define the legal colour differently (i.e. not as a colour temperature), so what exactly is legal can be a bit fuzzy. For your reference, there are quite a few ECE-compliant 5000K HID bulbs though, and several compliant 4000K halogen bulbs as well (though many halogen bulbs above 4000K are illegal, i.e. Philips Crystal vision at 4300K). More importantly though, the higher colour temperatures, although looking more "white", actually reduce the usable light output (typically due to the blue filter used on the bulb itself), which is obviously not ideal for headlight applications!

You can adjust the headlights using the adjustment screws which you can access with the bonnet up - I believe the screws may be marked U and D (up and down) on the top of the headlight casing. If you've just replaced halogen bulbs with other halogen bulbs, then I don't believe you should require readjustment though, as the beam pattern would have remained unchanged.

Bobo
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Whats the legal limit btw?

haitim01
11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Is this a HID kit or just a halogen H1 bulb?

Technically speaking, any H1 HID kit (regardless of colour) is illegal as there is no H1 HID bulb that is ECE or ADR approved, blah blah blah blah etc......

I dont care, mines all installed and look SIIIIIIIIICK!! lol

But seriously, im in tassie and i was pulled up on the side of the road 2 weeks back by Transport Inspectors for a vehicle roadworthyness check (they were on the highway stopping everyone) they even asked if i could turn on my headlights so they could see that they both work (I thought oh crap im done here...), they looked at my HID's (6000k) and then said yep, your right off you go...

they didnt seem to have a problem at all... Mind you the 6000k HID's on my Silver 2007 Euro do look like they 'fit' in with the look of my car and doo kind of look standard (not in colour as they look very white/blue/purple) , its not like i was driving some bogan car and it was really noticable that i had upgraded my lights in some way.

Im sure that if i pulled up in a old crap commodore with lights that look as good as mine it would have been much more noticable they might have been upgraded and been looked at.

But because my car does look nice, i guess they though those lights looked like they were standard for the car.

Ill upload a picture for you guys to see.

:-)

Problem?

haitim01
11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Bobo, what brand is you HID kit?

Can you post up some pics and ill post up some of mine that way we can see if there are any colour differences between brands both for 6000K (i presume we didint use the same brand)

Ill upload some either tonight or tomorrow.

marquee
11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Yer I remove my hids for phillips extreme vision... reasons being I do a lot of night driving and it rains like a bitxh here and they don't work when it rains they are to bright so you have to direction them down to the point where visability is hindered and I have the phillips globes they are white not blue and work in all weather conditions besides fog no lights work in the fog as good as fog lights

Bobo
12-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Hahahha, luckay. I dont think coppers really care about lights(unless driving around with high beam) and tinting that much than other mods. I got mine from Platinum Visuals(One of the Ozhonda Trader's). Ill post pics up soon. though it looks kinda tealish(hint of green) through camera than in real life which is pure white.

MrEuro
13-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey guys, i have a 2004 Euro Luxury.
Although the head lights are xenon, it still has a yellowish tinge to it... so i went to Repco the other day looking to buy a 6000k h1 globe, but the sales person told me that i need to install the full HID kit which has levelers. But as ive been researching on google, some sites say that cars with Xenons already have these levelers, therefore there is no need to install the HID kit.... so just wondering if anyone will be able to shed some light on this issue for me!

jono_l
13-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey guys, i have a 2004 Euro Luxury.
Although the head lights are xenon, it still has a yellowish tinge to it... so i went to Repco the other day looking to buy a 6000k h1 globe, but the sales person told me that i need to install the full HID kit which has levelers. But as ive been researching on google, some sites say that cars with Xenons already have these levelers, therefore there is no need to install the HID kit.... so just wondering if anyone will be able to shed some light on this issue for me!

If you've got the factory HIDs on the Lux model, the correct bulb for your low beam application would be the D2S, not H1.

You do not need a "full HID kit" as you already have ballasts installed from the factory, all you need to do is to swap one HID bulb for another.

The stock D2S's should be Osram 66040's or 66240, which are 4300K stock. Most HID bulbs are said to "color shift" to a slightly higher temperature (i.e. bluer, typically by a few hundred K) as they get towards the end of their useful working life (2-3000 hours) - they also get dimmer as time goes on.

If you're looking for a higher colour temperature in a D2S bulb, you can either go with the eBay Chinese cheapies which may have hit and miss QC amongst other problems. If you're willing to spend a little bit more you can get some OEM quality bulbs with a higher colour temp - Philips 85122CM (5000K) would probably be a good choice, or Philips Ultinon if you want a very blue colour (these are 6000K, technically not road legal, and dimmer than standard HID bulbs like all other 6000K bulbs). I also would not buy any Philips D2S bulbs on eBay as many are fake!

If you're willing to totally splurge out and spend the big bucks , I'd recommend Osram "Cool Blue Intense" 66240CBI - these have a 5000K colour temp, road legal, and are supposed to be the brightest 35W HID bulbs available at the moment (Osram claims 20% brighter than standard HID bulbs). If you Google "Osram 66240CBI" you'll find a lot more info on them. These are worth over $200 a pair on eBay at the moment though, so not cheap by any means.

I'm personally running the Osram 66240CBI's in my car and couldn't be happier with them. They are noticeably whiter than a stock HID setup, definitely brighter, without having a blue tinge - the colour is pure white. I actually have a spare unused set which I've been meaning to post up in the for sale section or on eBay - if you're interested PM me.

MrEuro
13-08-2011, 04:55 PM
If you've got the factory HIDs on the Lux model, the correct bulb for your low beam application would be the D2S, not H1.

You do not need a "full HID kit" as you already have ballasts installed from the factory, all you need to do is to swap one HID bulb for another.

The stock D2S's should be Osram 66040's or 66240, which are 4300K stock. Most HID bulbs are said to "color shift" to a slightly higher temperature (i.e. bluer, typically by a few hundred K) as they get towards the end of their useful working life (2-3000 hours) - they also get dimmer as time goes on.

If you're looking for a higher colour temperature in a D2S bulb, you can either go with the eBay Chinese cheapies which may have hit and miss QC amongst other problems. If you're willing to spend a little bit more you can get some OEM quality bulbs with a higher colour temp - Philips 85122CM (5000K) would probably be a good choice, or Philips Ultinon if you want a very blue colour (these are 6000K, technically not road legal, and dimmer than standard HID bulbs like all other 6000K bulbs). I also would not buy any Philips D2S bulbs on eBay as many are fake!

If you're willing to totally splurge out and spend the big bucks , I'd recommend Osram "Cool Blue Intense" 66240CBI - these have a 5000K colour temp, road legal, and are supposed to be the brightest 35W HID bulbs available at the moment (Osram claims 20% brighter than standard HID bulbs). If you Google "Osram 66240CBI" you'll find a lot more info on them. These are worth over $200 a pair on eBay at the moment though, so not cheap by any means.

I'm personally running the Osram 66240CBI's in my car and couldn't be happier with them. They are noticeably whiter than a stock HID setup, definitely brighter, without having a blue tinge - the colour is pure white. I actually have a spare unused set which I've been meaning to post up in the for sale section or on eBay - if you're interested PM me.

ahh alright,
cause i was looking in the owners manual and it said it was a 55w globe and in brackets H1. so was a bit unsure.... so i shall go with a D2S bulb! i was hoping to get 6000k, but since they are illegal, best to go with the 5000k globes!
Thanks alot!!

jono_l
13-08-2011, 05:22 PM
ahh alright,
cause i was looking in the owners manual and it said it was a 55w globe and in brackets H1. so was a bit unsure.... so i shall go with a D2S bulb! i was hoping to get 6000k, but since they are illegal, best to go with the 5000k globes!
Thanks alot!!

I've actually got a few pictures comparing stock and the 66240CBI which I'd posted on another forum a while back - thought you might find it helpful.

The driver's side is the 5000K 66240CBI, whereas passenger's side is stock (non-CBI Osram 66240). You can see that the colour is a bit whiter (inside of my garage door is beige), but more importantly you can also see the larger 'hotspot' on the right hand side which corresponds to a higher light output.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/549/imag0132wc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/imag0132wc.jpg/)

They look like this on the car - once again driver's side is 5000K, passengers side stock - you can see that the 5000K is very near a pure white whilst there is a slight yellow tinge on the stock side. For the record, the parkers are Raybrig 4500K incandescent bulbs.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1267/imag0131mu.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/imag0131mu.jpg/)

To be honest though, you probably wouldn't ever get pulled up for 6000K HIDs (as haitim01 found above), so if you're after a bluish colour you'd almost definitely be happier with 6000K. But if you're after a higher output and something legal, 5000K is way to go.

Bobo
14-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Heres how mine turned out

richard_k
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
6000K is terrible at night :( gotta change mine

marquee
10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I had 6000k it was like i had no lights oncthen i got xtreme vision phillops looks stock and super bright