PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Luxury, Injen ?

jessV3
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I am looking at buying an Injen for my partners 2005 DC5 Luxury. Few questions, which I did a search on and couldn’t answer:

Will the Type S kit fix the luxury model?
Will the RSX (American) model fit the Aus Luxury model?
Where is the best place to buy one?

I saw a few for sale on ebay they're around the $250-300 delivered mark, is that about right?

Will there be much of a gain for performance & sound for a stock 2.0 ivtec, there is heaps of info out there for the dc5r and dc5s but nothing about the luxury.

Thanks,
Jesse

krezii
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Is the car manual or auto? because I gave my old Injen (from my dc5r) to my mate who has an automatic dc5 luxury and the auto gearbox is slightly bigger so it was hard to fit. Ended up forcing it in but it didnt fit completly flush on the throttle body. They sell the kit for the auto luxury anyways, which he then later bought and it fits perfect

jessV3
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Is the car manual or auto? because I gave my old Injen (from my dc5r) to my mate who has an automatic dc5 luxury and the auto gearbox is slightly bigger so it was hard to fit. Ended up forcing it in but it didnt fit completly flush on the throttle body. They sell the kit for the auto luxury anyways, which he then later bought and it fits perfect

She has the 5spd Auto. Thanks for that info, it would have saved a lot of pain sweet and tears :) Do you remember where your mate got the kit from?

krezii
07-07-2011, 09:59 AM
got it from ebay, but you can find it on www.clubrsx.com aswell, the rsx base auto same as Aus integra. Came with a washer bottle relocator kit aswell, should also look at getting the injen hydrosheild aswell for peace of mind.