PDA

View Full Version : eg8 overheating problem

pihlor
07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
hey guys
i just noticed recently if i drive my car more long periods of 2 hours of more it rises in hot part of the temp gauge when i stop the car and as soon as i drive off again it goes down to cool what would you guys think is wrong with the car ?

hmetro24
07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Is the fan is working?
are you loosing water/coolant ?
How is the radiator condition?
When the last time you flushed it, and used new 50/50 water/coolant?
Does that happen only when you drive for long distance?

pihlor
07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
fan works i just changed the fanswitch and thermostat switch
also just flushed it with genuine honda coolant
and radiator is a non geniune one and has been in da car since i got it which is about 4 years interms of condition it is in very good condition and no cracks

pihlor
07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
and im loosing coolant as well from it spitting out off the coolant reservoir bottle

hmetro24
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
and im loosing coolant as well from it spitting out off the coolant reservoir bottle
Did you bleed the air from the cooling system ?
I reckon you have blown head gasket. Do not take my word.
any smell from the exhaust, sweet smell, white smoke?
oil in coolant, coolant in oil?
Best you can do is compression test in the cylinders.

xclusive_eg8
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
if compression test is good, then do a leak test on the whole cooling system...my EG was odd when the radiator had a little ass crack, sadly i left it and it turned into a full blown section of the radiator cracking of and yea 5 hours to travel 30km

pihlor
07-07-2011, 08:27 PM
yep bleeded the air
cars running smooth as no smoke from the exhaust and theres no oil in the coolant and water in the oil
its so wierd cos i had a blown head gasket before on the old engine and i replaced the engine that had done low k's (80000ks)
and it would heat up really quickly and if u felt the hoses one was hot and other is cold with the old one
but yeh might take it for a compression test tomorrow

hmetro24
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
yep bleeded the air
cars running smooth as no smoke from the exhaust and theres no oil in the coolant and water in the oil
its so wierd cos i had a blown head gasket before on the old engine and i replaced the engine that had done low k's (80000ks)
and it would heat up really quickly and if u felt the hoses one was hot and other is cold with the old one
but yeh might take it for a compression test tomorrow
get a compression test tool and do it your self. you will save money and you can use it later

trism
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
waterpump?

pihlor
08-07-2011, 03:17 PM
ok so what ive noticed is all the coolant is being pushed to the reservoir bottle and the radiator is bone dry

trism
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
so its being over pressurised.

had the same problem with an old car, and even tho there was no oil in coolant, or coolant in oil, it had a blown head gasket, leading to the combustion chamber.

Fill the radiator up, and start the motor without the cap on, and then give it a good rev. If at any time water spurts out the filler hole like a fountain, it means youve got a blown headgasket.

pihlor
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
it was the head gasket thank god i got a spare head gasket kit and thank god my dads a mechanic :D

hmetro24
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
it was the head gasket thank god i got a spare head gasket kit and thank god my dads a mechanic :D
That's bad but also good to know what you fixed the problem ;).Btw did you do compression test ? how was it ?

pihlor
14-07-2011, 10:36 PM
didnt end up doing it my dad opened up the engine and the bottom block was all corroded so we did a complete swap with a spare d15b7 engine i had that i bought off my friend years ago and its running smooth as ! :D