PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth car kit for 2011 CU2

Sambo73
08-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I have had my 2011 Lux Nav CU2 for about 6 mouth and would like to install a Bluetooth car kit.
I was given the cost for the OEM kit when I bought my Euro which was $640 installed.
At the time I thought it was very expensive when it should have been installed as standard and not optional extra!!!

Should I get the Honda OEM or the aftermarket kit? My Wife thinks if I get the OEM kit it would look better!!!

I do not need IPod connections as the dealer installed the Ipod kit free when i got my Euro. Just need a car kit which will let me answer/my calls voice tags on an Iphone.

Also any recommended installers in Brisbane?

Thanks

johnnyofhk
08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
my honda OEM kit's sound quality is bad.. try compare before install

Sambo73
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
my honda OEM kit's sound quality is bad.. try compare before install

Did you have the kit install after you bought?

johnnyofhk
08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Did you have the kit install after you bought?

I got it with the car, that ugly long thing at A pillar, and the phone sound only coming from the left speaker

Sambo73
10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I got it with the car, that ugly long thing at A pillar, and the phone sound only coming from the left speaker

Can you tell if it display the number calling? can it pairs with 2 phones?

NSHonda
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Sambo73

Doesn't display no. calling (it is fairly basic and doesn't integrate with the console display) and you can pair it with two phones.
As per jonnyofhk the sound comes out the left speaker (think it is too avoid static / interference with the mic) and IMO it can be hard to hear unless you have the volume up.

Sambo73
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I am thing of just getting a Blueant S4. It cheap and voice controlled.

Thanks HSHonda and JohnnyofHK for your help.

joeyg
12-07-2011, 07:27 PM
When i bought my CU2 i was going to get the Honda Bluetooth but the salesman said it was crap and people cant hear you properly. So instead they installed a Parrot bluetooth system which they installed before i took delivery. Sound comes through all the speakers and a mic is fitted in the A-Pillar. The small LCD controller sits nicely below my right hand vent. Works perfect with my iPhone 4.... looks like this http://www.parrot.com/catalog/products/parrot-ck3100-lcd/#top

Sambo73
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
When i bought my CU2 i was going to get the Honda Bluetooth but the salesman said it was crap and people cant hear you properly. So instead they installed a Parrot bluetooth system which they installed before i took delivery. Sound comes through all the speakers and a mic is fitted in the A-Pillar. The small LCD controller sits nicely below my right hand vent. Works perfect with my iPhone 4.... looks like this http://www.parrot.com/catalog/products/parrot-ck3100-lcd/#top

I was looking at Parrot Bluetooth system and I priced CK3100 ranging from $350-$390 Installed. But for $90 I can get the Blueant S4 and I can us the other $300 to get the Ducktail spoiler and the Type-r front lip!!!

jono_l
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
The Parrot bluetooth kits are good - I considered the OEM Honda one that mounts on the A-pillar for my CL9 but decided that I get more features for much less price with the Parrot. I paid approx $60 for a refurbished CK3000 Evolution off eBay, and spent another $20-25 on the wiring harness. Took me a couple hours to get it installed with the mic mounted next to the rear view mirror and control pad below the right hand vent.

Best part of the kit is that asides from sound coming through both front speakers, it also auto-mutes the radio/CD player when a call is made. Sound quality is better than any of the non-integrated kits that I've heard too, so it was well worth the money from my perspective.

I CU2
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
I have a Parrot kit in my CU2 as well and I can vouch for it.

jimster
13-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Im using the Blueant S4 in my cu2.
Works well even with the windows down. noise cancellation, voice control etc.
Very easy to setup and use. Battery last for ages. Only thing is it comes with a AC charger not 12v charger.
Blueant does not have a Fm transmitter so audio doesnt travel through the speakers although the speaker on the actual device is quite loud.
It also reads my text out for me. (only if you have Vlingo app installed on you Android phone)
If you want a bluetooth with FM transmitter, go the Plantronics K100. its around $80.

Besides that, Blueant S4 best bang for buck $90.

Sambo73
13-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Im using the Blueant S4 in my cu2.
Works well even with the windows down. noise cancellation, voice control etc.
Very easy to setup and use. Battery last for ages. Only thing is it comes with a AC charger not 12v charger.
Blueant does not have a Fm transmitter so audio doesnt travel through the speakers although the speaker on the actual device is quite loud.
It also reads my text out for me. (only if you have Vlingo app installed on you Android phone)
If you want a bluetooth with FM transmitter, go the Plantronics K100. its around $80.

Besides that, Blueant S4 best bang for buck $90.

That's why I was thinking of just getting the Blueant S4 for $90 it will do the job. I really do not get that many Calls in the car (just the Wife check up on me) so I could not really Justify spending $300-$400 on a fitted car kit.

Can I ask if the mounting clip leave a mark on the sun visor?

Sambo73
29-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Guys just an update.

I ended up getting a fitted car kit. I came across this system http://www.strike.com.au/products/Strike-Car-Kits which is fitted like a factory system.

Works really well with my Iphone 3GS. Cost about the same as the Honda system but works with all of the speakers via the amp. when you get a call the system mutes the music and the caller comes thought the all the speakers. You can also stream Music to your speakers.

Call button fits in one of the blanks on the right side.
http://www.strike.com.au/products/TITLEStrike-Bluetooth-Switch-for-Honda-Vehicles

The only thing you see is the mic which is place on the top of the A frame.

Very happy with it. every one I have called said I come thought very clear and voice dialling works very well also.

tony1234
30-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I have a Parrot kit in my CU2 as well and I can vouch for it.

Me too.I've got the same as joeyg.,It's good.

aussiebuddha
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I got a parrot with the little LCD screen.
It's probably as good as it get's in BT kits I reckon, although it has it's quirks every now and then there's nothing major.