PDA

View Full Version : radiator fan direction!

nam.qhc
09-07-2011, 01:43 AM
hey guys! i just replaced my old leaking radiator with an aluminum radiator+thermo slim fan! i forgot to check which way the fan is suppose to face! in my mind, i thought it was to pull air into the engine bay! but not 100% sure! so is it suppose to pull air in? or push hot air out? i did do research.. some say pull some say push (apparently minimal difference). i want to know what ozhonda members knows! thanks in advance! i am leanin towards pulling air!

TbM
09-07-2011, 05:45 AM
They are meant to pull, that way your getting cooler air from outside the engine bay. If it was set up to push the fan would have to work against the air trying to come in when you start moving forward.

hoojee
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
depends on which side you put the fan.

the OEM and most efficient way is to mount the fan behind the radiator (towards engine bay) and let the fan pull air into the bay.
another way you can do (maybe because of clearance issues or aesthetic reasons) is to mount the fan on the front of the radiator (fan towards the front bumper) reverse wire it, so it pushes air into the engine bay.

regardless of which way you mount the fan, the fan should be wired up in a manner than air is push/pulled into the engine bay.

nam.qhc
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys!! All done! Pulling air into engine bay! :)

civicboy84
18-07-2011, 10:56 PM
speeds are usually faster if the fan is pushing (ie fan is on other side of rad) than pulling into the engine bay