PDA

View Full Version : DIY Install Catback

MingZai
09-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has removed their stock exhaust and put another one in without having to go to a mechanic.
I would rather do it myself and I've only found guides for the RSX. So would it be similar to the RSX setup?? (RSX being the DC5 Integra (correct me If I'm wrong))

Thanks!

Fredoops
09-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has removed their stock exhaust and put another one in without having to go to a mechanic.
I would rather do it myself and I've only found guides for the RSX. So would it be similar to the RSX setup?? (RSX being the DC5 Integra (correct me If I'm wrong))

Thanks!

If you can lift the car up high enough to work on........

It's all nuts and bolts shouldn't be too hard.. If you can lift te car up high enough safely.

Cinderblock = death btw

marquee
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Should just be.3 bolts connected to the cat then just rubber bushes connecting to the exhaust and can be pulled off

munkaii
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't think you can get the exhaust out without dropping the rear shock tower (from below) and control arm if it is a 1 piece exhaust?

Fredoops
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't think you can get the exhaust out without dropping the rear shock tower (from below) and control arm if it is a 1 piece exhaust?

Aka: got a hoist? If not go to a shop lol

munkaii
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Aka: got a hoist? If not go to a shop lol

Don't need a hoist lol. I did it the other day with hand tools no problems. Undo control arm bolt, undo bottom of strut bolt and the control arm will drop with the hub, allowing you to manoeuvre the exhaust out.

Crapdaz
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
As long as you have jackstands on all four corners, and alot of patience.

If the car is older your more likely going to have snapped bolts.
Isnt it just the rear swaybar in the way?