PDA

View Full Version : buddy club spec 3 exhaust

Steve695
10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Buddy Club spec 3 for my s2000, just a few questions.

I have never heard a Buddy Club spec 3 in real life on an s2000. I watched several videos on youtube and found that it is a very nice sounding exhaust but in some of the videos it sounds tingy when the revs drop, and in others it doesn't. This confuses me.

Also, apparently it is one of the lightest exhausts on the market, what is the quality/durability like?

Has anyone got this exhaust or heard it in real life, who can confirm the ups and downs?

DNY*BOY
10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
From what i've seen , It is very loud n a little tingy also varying with what header combo too it sounds raw past 3000rpm like johnny trans s2k in FNF!, i've never heard of any bad experiences thus far . Check out the H-T forums & s2ki they maybe able to shine more light for you mate!

Steve695
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
From what i've seen , It is very loud n a little tingy also varying with what header combo too it sounds raw past 3000rpm like johnny trans s2k in FNF!, i've never heard of any bad experiences thus far . Check out the H-T forums & s2ki they maybe able to shine more light for you mate!

Yeah I noticed on the videos that it sounds a lot like the one off F&F. Well I'll probably leave the header standard for quite a while, and maybe get buddy club headers later as well, but not my highest priority in the order I want to do my modifications.

Yeah I'll have a sus of s2ki as well, didn't think of that.

dlai5552
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Buddy club exhausts are known to have their hangers break. Happened on a car I know ad well. I was thinking about getting one and decided to go with j's racing as the price is kinda similar for the duals, and because j's is pretty quality I guess.

jrstyles
10-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I sold mine awhile back ago for 4 reasons
-drones like a mfkr in especially in low revs 3-5 and i was fwy driving to and from work. Although with the top down theres less drone
-too loud for me as a daily, the silencers helped dampen the sound a little though but it was way too loud for me
-cant hear my gf talking to me (not sure if this is a good or bad thing though :D)
-my mum wouldnt let me park inside the garage after 10pm because it'll wake the neighbors waiting for the door to open -_-

But in saying all of this there was a slight gain and i do miss the roooaarrrr...but it wasnt for me :(
Oh and i didnt have any problems with the hangers etc
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16004&d=1284301683

dlai5552
11-07-2011, 12:59 AM
I just did a quick google search and the first link that popped up was this: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/95335-buddy-club-exhaust-snaps-at-weld/

Just something to consider...

Steve695
11-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I sold mine awhile back ago for 4 reasons
-drones like a mfkr in especially in low revs 3-5 and i was fwy driving to and from work. Although with the top down theres less drone
-too loud for me as a daily, the silencers helped dampen the sound a little though but it was way too loud for me
-cant hear my gf talking to me (not sure if this is a good or bad thing though :D)
-my mum wouldnt let me park inside the garage after 10pm because it'll wake the neighbors waiting for the door to open -_-

But in saying all of this there was a slight gain and i do miss the roooaarrrr...but it wasnt for me :(
Oh and i didnt have any problems with the hangers etc
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16004&d=1284301683

What exactly do you mean by drone? Is it a bad thing?

Also was it tingy and bad sounding when revs dropped? I just want to make sure I won't regret buying the exhaust.

dlai5552
12-07-2011, 12:01 AM
drone means when you driving along a constant speed, you feel like you want to wear ear muffs haha. seriously it get's annoying!

I still vote no to the buddy club :)
it breaks! ask the owner of JDMST, he had first hand experience.

jrstyles
12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
you feel like you want to wear ear muffs haha. seriously it get's annoying!

more like a box of tampons for your ears. what tingy noise are you talking about? it pops alittle but its not a ting lol

jrstyles
12-07-2011, 02:06 AM
you feel like you want to wear ear muffs haha. seriously it get's annoying!

more like a box of tampons for your ears. what tingy noise are you talking about? it pops alittle but its not a ting lol

Steve695
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM

I mean like, that really ugly wet fart sound that certain exhausts have.

eg. In this video, that horrible noise when it's revving down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3JVwYng2Uo