PDA

View Full Version : doran pro audio? err...

ouch
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
K guys. got quoted 2900$ for a system at doran. price includes:

2x wave audio 6.5" 100rms components (cant really find much info on them)

2x whatever amps - 1 mono, 1 4 channel.

1x some random sub rated at 1200rms.

1x kenwood 7" fold out headunit shit.

+ sound deadening and face plate and disndat.

anyone here use doran? anyone know these 'wave' speakers?

not very keeen after googling all this.

trism
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
doran is one of the biggest car audio shops in sydeny.

2900 for gear and install is a very good price.

ouch
12-07-2011, 09:30 PM
TRISM! we meet again, and with a new dp.
doran does have a name for itself, and im sure they wont let me down to make some quick cash. but looking at the gear online and these 'wave' speakers, im a bit skeptical of performance.

trism
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
if youre not afraid to spend a bit of money, and want top notch customer service, install work, and products, go to FHRX studios.

Theyre big players, they have stuff like brand new lambos, ferraris etc in the wokshop every week.

And i know full well the name dorans have for themselves lol

arverson
13-07-2011, 09:38 PM
second trisms 2nd suggestion. wouldnt even bother with doran at all & go straight to fhrx.

what exactly is included in the quote? but its not a good start if youre telling us it includes "whatever amps, random sub, dis n dat", surely they gave you specific model numbers...

Slaz
14-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I'll 3rd Trism's suggestions, go see marty, 2900 is a decent spend on a stereo, whilst Tony has been around and can do great work, some of the brands pushed are questionable as seems the case here, but in saying that, if you were after cheap noise, and by that i mean massive distorting bass, sometimes these are good bang for buck options.

Get onto the CAE forum, alot of info on Marty, FHRX and the work that he has done, did my install a while back, whilst it did cost abit more, he does them like it is his car, not just another job to get pushed out.