PDA

View Full Version : the S2 of my life.

ALPS
13-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi All,

I'm really getting frustrated with the fact that i have to smack my head on walls when it's time to get the S2 of my life checked out / Fixed.

Before i bought the car 7 months ago, it was ruined by the last service the owner had done with Ultra-Tune. He also had to replace the clutch with a new one and diff with a reco'd one.

I drove to CRS Automotive in Patterson Lakes and got Carl to have a look at my car and do a full car inspection. ended costing me over $2k to get everything fixed. The Spark Plugs were worn and replaced with The Original Platinum stuff, the diff mounts were all worn and cracked. He also found that the Gearbox Oil Threading has been wrecked and it was siliconed into place. He liquid metalled the nut in so it is more secure. The suspension arm assemblies were all left loose and apprently some nuts were only finger tight. Brakes all over hauled. List goes on. He seems like he knows what he is doing but is very pricey and its a 1 hour and 30 mins drive away from me. Just a couple of weeks ago my car was due for a Minor Service and He quoted $380 Big Bananas! I took it to Essendon Honda and they charged $280.

My car to date after buying and repairing everything has cost up to almost 40k. Just fixing it! the only mod i have is 2.9 Billet Heavy Duty 500hp Driveshafts with a Drift Spec joint setup. i got them custom made from America and cost me $1500 for parts only. Not to mention the first order was made an inch short on each side and had heaps of dramas with getting the right size / specs.
I invested in these shafts because the car was sitting on 17 inch wheels and original shocks with lowered King Springs. I didnt want to pay $3000 for Essendon Honda to buy me Genuine ones from Japan and then they just snap on me again.

I found a set of original shocks and springs for 180 bucks and got them put into my car because it was too uncomfortable to drive lowered and not practical for Speed Humps.

My Car was keyed last week. hit by a bus 2 weeks ago. it was lightly thank god.

Now needs a respray. I also didnt know the car was smacked and repaired by the previous owner as the clear coat is now peeling and rear bumper feels a lil loose. The vicroads check came back as no accident history.

Now my Gearbox is playing up and Essendon Honda want $5000 just to overhaul it and said will easily go upto $8000k..

The car has caused me soo much headache, money and everything has nearly been replaced now. But i still love it soo much and i dont want to get rid of it. I just want to be able to find a trustable mechanic to take my car to, who knows them inside-out, back to front and top to bottom. I wish i had my own Garage with all the tools to do all the work myself. Im scared my car is going to have its roof slashed or be stolen. Insurance isn't cheap for a P Plater as i'm only 20 yrs old. It's only insured for 16k market value with AAMI. Full Comp quote was over 5k, but i put the excess amount up to 2.7 so the upfront fee was only 3k or so.

Looking at getting an alarm as well, but do not know what to go with. i want the best alarm there is!

Anyway apart from all the grief. I did buy a dud s2 with alot of problems. Touch Wood, the engine hasn't played up much. But every other component has. I also had steering issues. and had to get Essendon Honda to do a whel alignment that cost 380 dollars and they also done the torque sensor reset procedure.

Thought i'd share and let any other members know my story.

I still love my car. It's a Boy in my opinion. Everytime i park it and i am away from it even after 7 months, I still miss it and i hate being away from it. But i feel soo happy and comfortable when i am back behind the wheel and enjoy the gokart yet luxury race car feel. The attention i get from Everyone! I've taken my airbox cap off, so it sounds louder. The sound of the VTEC, especially in street with buildings everywhere, can hear it bounce off the windows. And ohh the sound of it in a tunnel.

I'm really enthusiatic about my car and hope to keep it for ever!!

PS i love this forum! Everyone is soo helpful and i've learnt everything about S2000s because of this forum.

Thank you all!

sae
13-07-2011, 07:49 PM
wow, props for the perseverance. I would've sold the car off from the beginning with that many problems. Just shows how careful you should be when purchasing a new s huh, especially with the way they're treated by the majority of owners. Great to see you so captivated by the S, i can easily empathise you with that. Goodluck to you and your s.

dc2screama
13-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Alps! Iv seen you and afew other s2k around roxy. Gotta say great looking car you got! Any engine mods?
You still got it on carsales?
Find a good mechanic you can trust, try Hondatec in thomastown. They sorted a few problems of mine. Goodluck

ALPS
14-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Alps! Iv seen you and afew other s2k around roxy. Gotta say great looking car you got! Any engine mods?
Find a good mechanic you can trust, try Hondatec in thomastown. They sorted a few problems of mine. Goodluck

Hey Mate! yes i do still have it on carsales. but about to take it off. not worth selling it anymore. planning on keeping it and going through the shit with it. dont care how long it will take me but eventually will make it perfect

ALPS
14-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Sorry, as i mentioned. the only mod i've got is the heavy duty axles.

dc2screama
14-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Good option

Engin09
19-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Sell it, buy a new one hehe :)

ALPS
20-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Sell it, buy a new one hehe :)

There's no point now. I've already replaced most of it. Just going to keep fixing it up. Project car i guess. My plan of attack for the next year or so. Thinking about getting an AP2 Transmission and replacing the AP1 Transmission. Also put a new Good Quality Clutch in and then get a New Diff and strengthen it up. after that, i want coilovers and new wheels. Then i'll start playing with Engine Mods. once all work is done. BodyShop time.

Snoop_gee
20-07-2011, 12:56 PM
These are some of reasons why as much as the overal design of the s2k is HOTT. But being the 10+ year old car that they are and becoming ever more affordable for P plates its hard to think finding an s2k that hasnt been trashed,slide out sideways with damage of any kind can be patched up before being sold. Much like trying to find a DC2R that hasnt been driven hard like as if thats gonna happen.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251510_195719173807864_153120411401074_557911_2157 276_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/250165_205346082839875_135315929842891_610825_1616 681_n.jpg

As for mechanic ye you do need to find a good merchanic. But also taking in the parts with you can help you bill wise.

ALPS
20-07-2011, 02:23 PM
These are some of reasons why as much as the overal design of the s2k is HOTT. But being the 10+ year old car that they are and becoming ever more affordable for P plates its hard to think finding an s2k that hasnt been trashed,slide out sideways with damage of any kind can be patched up before being sold. Much like trying to find a DC2R that hasnt been driven hard like as if thats gonna happen.

As for mechanic ye you do need to find a good merchanic. But also taking in the parts with you can help you bill wise.

Exactly Right.! see thing is i wont be able to sell the car as it is, i'd need to fix my gearbox and get it repsrayed, no one will buy it for a reasonable amount of money. there is no point selling it as is. and if i'm going to fix it up to sell it. there's no point. because then it's worth keeping it. So i might as well upgrade parts as i'm replacing them. which is now my plan of attack. i lost my driveshafts. so i put in the heavy duty stuff. my tranny is going. i want to do the research. find the best thing to do, and make it better than the original. Etc...

Snoop_gee
20-07-2011, 04:40 PM
i got a similar story with my lil Red.
Where everything on it was SHOT.
and how everything has been replaced literally.
PAHAHHA

ALPS
20-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Ohh noo i just remembered another problem the car's got. Apparently Ultra Tune stuffed the threading for the Gearbox Oil NUT.. i've seen it. they held it in with silicon the bastards. Carl put Liquid Metal in its place to hold it in alot more secure. I'm under the impression that i need to get the gearbox oil topped up / changed. How can i go about getting it fixed? do i need to buy another gearbox? or can i do a temporary fix to rethread it and use a larger nut?