PDA

View Full Version : Alarm not arming.

quangsuke
15-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I only noticed recently, but after i washed my car the other day.... my alarm has not been arming. the central locking still works with the remote....but the alarm is turning on.

Not sure what brand the alarm is, the box is black with no writing.

Any ideas guys?

dougie_504
15-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Did you get it wet degreasing your bay?

quangsuke
15-07-2011, 07:11 PM
water may have leaked in, but didn't use no degreaser, the unit is tucked under the dash

flipfire
16-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Check if theres a fuse in the alarm brain. Might have shorted something out during the wash

blabla
18-07-2011, 08:22 PM
ok so if there is no chirp and a if the led is solid it might need to be reset..

to do this u need to turn the key onto acc and press the over ride switch.. you will need to first find the switch to be able to do this.

do the blinkers turn on and off when you try to arm it?

quangsuke
19-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Check if theres a fuse in the alarm brain. Might have shorted something out during the wash

fuse still good, is there more then 1 fuse?

ok so if there is no chirp and a if the led is solid it might need to be reset..

to do this u need to turn the key onto acc and press the over ride switch.. you will need to first find the switch to be able to do this.

do the blinkers turn on and off when you try to arm it?

blinkers do not blink when i lock the car. ive found a little button, will give that a go.

blabla
20-07-2011, 09:16 PM
fuse still good, is there more then 1 fuse?

blinkers do not blink when i lock the car. ive found a little button, will give that a go.

how did u go?

quangsuke
21-07-2011, 04:51 PM
how did u go?

Yeah I did what you advised. Didn't work straight away but surely enough 5 mins later alarm chirped when I closed the door. Everything is workin as per usual. Thanks for the advice.
PQ your way

Q