PDA

View Full Version : mileage - what L/100km do you get?

exquisit
17-07-2011, 12:45 PM
just wondering what fuel consumption is like with cvt jazz's

post up any comments
=)

GU357
17-07-2011, 06:38 PM
arnd 7 in city, 6.5 if i drive on the freeway very economicaly.
thats for me.

sometimes i get 8.5 if i really shooting off after every corner.

best way to drive fast and keep mileage is to find the sweetspot in acceleration, its hard to explain but u can pick up tonnes off speed midway through throttle without gaining revs, the CVT just adjusts the gearing. if u take off from a stand still u use alot more.
Also dont slow down for corners :D
dangerous but fuel efficient (Y)

exquisit
19-07-2011, 09:50 PM
thanks for that
have you ever had a full car load of people/groceries in the back/etc
just wondering if they have enough guts to drive a full car load without constantly flooring it lol

arnd 7 in city, 6.5 if i drive on the freeway very economicaly.
thats for me.

sometimes i get 8.5 if i really shooting off after every corner.

best way to drive fast and keep mileage is to find the sweetspot in acceleration, its hard to explain but u can pick up tonnes off speed midway through throttle without gaining revs, the CVT just adjusts the gearing. if u take off from a stand still u use alot more.
Also dont slow down for corners :D
dangerous but fuel efficient (Y)

Fredoops
19-07-2011, 09:59 PM
thanks for that
have you ever had a full car load of people/groceries in the back/etc
just wondering if they have enough guts to drive a full car load without constantly flooring it lol

Then you'd definitely want a VTi not a GLi... the extra 15kw and 18Nm helps pulling the car along under load.

GU357
19-07-2011, 10:20 PM
^yes thats true.

also beware of clutch shudder look it up, dont make a thread abt it or u will be scalded by moderators.

and yeh my parents had a restaurant, my dad would drive with me in the back and my mum as shotgun, Plus all the veges for the shop.
and we were still able to give V8 utes a run for their money down the freeway on ramp.
(without going full pedal)

exquisit
19-07-2011, 10:26 PM
ah i was more interested in the cvt ones
did you get your mileage figures from a cvt vti?

=)

^yes thats true.

also beware of clutch shudder look it up, dont make a thread abt it or u will be scalded by moderators.

and yeh my parents had a restaurant, my dad would drive with me in the back and my mum as shotgun, Plus all the veges for the shop.
and we were still able to give V8 utes a run for their money down the freeway on ramp.
(without going full pedal)

exquisit
19-07-2011, 11:06 PM
also how many kays to the tank usually?

GU357
19-07-2011, 11:14 PM
lol no clue i just fill it when needed, but i get quite a few LOL just check the fuel tank specs and divide by abt 7? and thats how many xD

oh and yeh CVT VTi (Y)

exquisit
19-07-2011, 11:17 PM
haha thanks for your help
=)

moo moo nel
19-07-2011, 11:31 PM
trip computer shown 7L/100km

use 98RON fuel

GU357
19-07-2011, 11:41 PM
NP my pleasure.
but remember the CVT shudder thing when ur buying your jazz.

yeh 98 ron will probs help too :D

tinkerbell
20-07-2011, 02:48 PM
our 1.5 manual was getting 8+ but then we changed the fuel filter and it went back down to 7ish...

kyobi
20-07-2011, 04:47 PM
My 1.5lt Auto gets 7.4 around the city and 6.7 on the freeway (shown on the trip computer)
a friend's 1.5lt manual gets something like 6.7 city driving and 5.5lt on the freeway.

maybe i should replace my fuel filter, will replacing any other parts help with fuel economy?

GU357
20-07-2011, 05:20 PM
yeh give it a go.
but it could be easier in the manual i think cos you can change at lower revs???
where as the cvt keeps a constant 2.3k rpm.

maybe when u take off dont push it, accelerating can be a hard technique to master. theres a way you can do it so that ur speed increases but revs stay unchanged because the CVT is changing instead

sdx91
20-07-2011, 05:21 PM
how much does it cost to replace the fuel filter? mine shows 8-9 usually.. but i floor it at the lights in 7spd sometimes to like 5-6k rpm when i feel like it :D

GU357
20-07-2011, 05:28 PM
theres the problem^

i have never floored mine, been close but never had the desire LOL

exquisit
20-07-2011, 07:56 PM
NP my pleasure.
but remember the CVT shudder thing when ur buying your jazz.

yeh 98 ron will probs help too :D

oh so the clutch shudder your referring to 2 posts above is the cvt clutch shudder?
interesting!
but not so much of a bother i suppose

also... i think cvt is more fuel efficient than a manual as the basis of cvt is to find the sweet spot of revs/speed/throttle position to maximise economy
whilst in a manual... u can shortshift up a gear but u may be leaning on the throttle more and using more fuel than if u were to down gear and use less throttle

anyways
im not sure if the trip computer is talkin crap tho... but just wondering if anyone has done a mileage calculation going off odometer and fuel actually pumped into the car?

kaz3e
20-07-2011, 08:16 PM
2010 1.5lt manual
Mine is showing 5.7 but I do alot of freeway driving probably around 70%

GU357
20-07-2011, 08:37 PM
oh so the clutch shudder your referring to 2 posts above is the cvt clutch shudder?
interesting!
but not so much of a bother i suppose

also... i think cvt is more fuel efficient than a manual as the basis of cvt is to find the sweet spot of revs/speed/throttle position to maximise economy
whilst in a manual... u can shortshift up a gear but u may be leaning on the throttle more and using more fuel than if u were to down gear and use less throttle

anyways
im not sure if the trip computer is talkin crap tho... but just wondering if anyone has done a mileage calculation going off odometer and fuel actually pumped into the car?

yeh trip is always a bit off i find.
and the CVT shudder is an annoyance and gets worse with time i believe.

GU357
20-07-2011, 08:46 PM
2010 1.5lt manual
Mine is showing 5.7 but I do alot of freeway driving probably around 70%

but your one is 2010 so its a different kettle of fish.
the 2010's are GE's which means that they dont have the CVT as an option and they have a different engine (L15A7 as opposed to L15A1)
urs would be more efficient anyway, and yours is a manual its like the complete opposite of the jazz he was looking into xD

tinkerbell
21-07-2011, 09:43 AM
guys, my numbers are in a manual (sorry didnt realise this was a CVT thread), with plenty of high RPM driving... (only way to get it to move!)

we did fuel filter at 80'000km and i paid 35 dollars for it...

but if you don't DIY - it is a few hundred from Honda...

gre03
21-07-2011, 01:20 PM
did a quick search in ozhonda and found a jazz specific mileage thread.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?148232-Jazz-Milage
hope this helps

i'm also gonna boast 5L/100km fwy driving. 5.7-6 for urban :D

GU357
21-07-2011, 07:06 PM
hope this helps

U drive like a granny.
Just kidding. those are some good figures xD
i dont have the patience to try and drive eco friendly. i wanna get somewhere and i do it how i want :P

ouch
21-07-2011, 07:35 PM
... i was getting like 7.2. and then i played around with the airbox (took it out added a pod/ took the pod out/ then put the airbox back in) then it hit 8.9. whatt dahh?

exquisit
21-07-2011, 07:40 PM
guys, my numbers are in a manual (sorry didnt realise this was a CVT thread), with plenty of high RPM driving... (only way to get it to move!)

we did fuel filter at 80'000km and i paid 35 dollars for it...

but if you don't DIY - it is a few hundred from Honda...

oh im looking into cvt jazzs but its good to hear experiences from manual ones too
i mean at the end of the day it wont b for me so im not fussed if it doesnt go quick LOL

hope this helps

thanks for that thread... goin to hav a peruse over it now
=)

what jazz hav u got?what year?engine size?mods?

... i was getting like 7.2. and then i played around with the airbox (took it out added a pod/ took the pod out/ then put the airbox back in) then it hit 8.9. whatt dahh?

are the jazz's real finicky when it comes to mods such as cai and exhausts?

GU357
21-07-2011, 07:47 PM
hmm ive taken my pod out and put the orignal back on to. im gonna check my readings hmm. all my other readings were from before i had a pod on.

but i know that when i put the pod on i did an ECU reset.
but when i took it back to stock i didnt reset the ECU, ill do it soon i think ahaha.

i think u take off the negative thing from the battery (thats what i was told)
and when u put it back on the time for the car should be set back to 12:00 or 00:00 (Forgot LOL)

exquisit
21-07-2011, 07:56 PM
ah so mods is ok and encourages power and fuel economy increase?
=)

hmm ive taken my pod out and put the orignal back on to. im gonna check my readings hmm. all my other readings were from before i had a pod on.

but i know that when i put the pod on i did an ECU reset.
but when i took it back to stock i didnt reset the ECU, ill do it soon i think ahaha.

i think u take off the negative thing from the battery (thats what i was told)
and when u put it back on the time for the car should be set back to 12:00 or 00:00 (Forgot LOL)

GU357
21-07-2011, 08:16 PM
uhm power yeah, fuel economy hard to say...
it is more power efficient, but i think since air is more freeflow the petrol has to be more so too.

patsdc2
21-07-2011, 11:12 PM
The best that I had would be around 6.2. Usually around 6.7.

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 12:29 AM
best i've ever had was 5.4l/100k, interstate driving, and was with a VTi. with the VTiS, i can't get better than 6.5 or so.

@ the end of the day, i used to get 500-600km out of a tank of about 35L of fuel, (i rarely run more then how long it takes to get to a gas station once the light's on), and for say 6-8, months before we pulled the engien apart, i ran Caltex E10 with great success.

NOW i'm getting maybe 400km out of 35L. i thought it would be alot worse after turbo.... thou now we're running bigger injectors, (550cc), and it's soo hard NOT to floor it in second, i recon i'm going to push to make 300km out of this tank :)

gre03
22-07-2011, 10:19 AM
thanks for that thread... goin to hav a peruse over it now
=)

what jazz hav u got?what year?engine size?mods?

no worries :thumbsup:
see my sig. no performance mods. just mods to make the car feel nicer while driving. pretty sure engine size is 1.5 as the gli is 1.3 (correct me if I'm wrong)

U drive like a granny.
Just kidding. those are some good figures xD
i dont have the patience to try and drive eco friendly. i wanna get somewhere and i do it how i want :P

LOL only time i drive like a granny is when the warning light is on. but cheers. i don't consider myself an eco driver. saw on some eco forum that some ppl in the US think the jazz is too low STOCK :confused: apparently someone hit tyre debris on the road and wrecked their front bumper. lol sif any car would clear tyre debris.

anyway back on topic. i don't really hoon or granny drive, i just look ahead and plan for traffic ahead. also not sure about the a/t jazz, but i try to keep the rpm within 2.2-2.9k when just driving around and always just get into 5th (~2k rpm) and cruise when on open roads (rarely happens coz of work).

its also useful to take a drive in a car that has a live reading of fuel consumption. gives you a good idea of what situation uses more fuel.

inb4grannydrivinghaters

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 08:17 PM
yep, 290km out of 35l... hehehe

exquisit
22-07-2011, 08:41 PM
i thought the vti and the vtis had same motors?

best i've ever had was 5.4l/100k, interstate driving, and was with a VTi. with the VTiS, i can't get better than 6.5 or so.

@ the end of the day, i used to get 500-600km out of a tank of about 35L of fuel, (i rarely run more then how long it takes to get to a gas station once the light's on), and for say 6-8, months before we pulled the engien apart, i ran Caltex E10 with great success.

NOW i'm getting maybe 400km out of 35L. i thought it would be alot worse after turbo.... thou now we're running bigger injectors, (550cc), and it's soo hard NOT to floor it in second, i recon i'm going to push to make 300km out of this tank :)

GU357
22-07-2011, 10:21 PM
^^^that is a good point!!!!
if anything the VTiS would be worse due to drag, (if we really want to get technical)

ss-rotel
24-07-2011, 09:22 AM
yes, the VTiS body kit adds about 50kg of weight for starters, and increased the drag noticably, (obviously)

it's like my olf N14 Pulsar. the SSS looked better, but the 2L Pulsar Q was faster, lighter, and more aero dynamic, (and cheaper)

the VTi looks good, lowered, and with the right, not so much the size but, offset mags, (+40mm). my first was the WRX style blue with 15x7 white RJR 10 spoke mags. still gets around brisbane that one, see it every now and again

exquisit
24-07-2011, 10:15 AM
interesting
are you certain that the kit weighs 50kgs?coz thats heaps of weight for what is skirts, more of a front bar, wing and rear bar lip?

and duno bout drag coz the whole idea of makin the body closer to the ground is to cut thru the air more effectively isnt it?

feel free to discuss as im not 100% sure
=)

sdx91
24-07-2011, 03:44 PM
i checked my mileage last night and it said 9.7L/100km LOL

GU357
24-07-2011, 05:52 PM
thats insane!!! LOL

BiLL|z0r
25-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I get around 7.5-7.9 for daily driving, city mostly. If I get some decent highway action it goes down to 6's. Best was high 5's for a complete tank of highway driving. I'm rather heavy footed so I could get it to low 7's if I eased off a little but meh.

kennethgqr
26-07-2011, 09:28 AM
That's what I got around 8 plus until I change my oil filter then It dropped back to about 7 plus. Plus if you do long distance driving I got it to like 5.7L/100 km recently likek a couple of weeks back so yeah even the 1.5L is quite fuel economical especially for long distance driving.

Btw 9.7L/100km is freaking high though lol.

ss-rotel
26-07-2011, 09:53 AM
... the down side is, it looks like it's work out via injector duty cycle over mileage. since my car's running injectors with more that 2x the flow rate, (550cc over 195cc), that's obviously out. i'm getting 300-400km out of about 35L fuel, and it's telling me 4.5-6L/100km. which is obviously wrong.

without using a calculator, i'm getting 8-10L/100k which is pretty good considering the mods, and how i drive :)

sdx91
26-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I always drive in S gear and rev it on first and second when i feel like it.. plus my exhaust revs up to 2-3k when driving on D gear. Is it safe to always drive on S gear? i feel so slow driving on D gear now.. it feels like a slower car overall lol :(

kennethgqr
26-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Well the S gear just gives you more drag so you get more power but you also consume more fuel. If you are going for power I think it's fine because it's like driving a manual and dragging it. Plus I doubt it will result in any problems. Pretty sure it's gonna be fine.

GU357
26-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Sport mode just keeps the revs up and increases engine braking, simular to a manual.
The throttel also becomes more responsive i usually put it into S from D if i wanna take off quick then back into D. in D u kinda free flow around them feels much smoother for occupants i think, expecially on corners

Buddyjazz
03-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Vtis 07. 6.8ltrs

GU357
03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
i double checked for my l/100 since i took the SRI off and it is 7.3/4 and bouncing back n forth

taxi
05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
GE6 with 17inch wheels. I get 7.7l/100.
Is anyone else's computer that displays how many kms left before empty way off? Mine jumped 2kms down in 500m, freaked me out!

10KRPM
05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
im driving an 02 vti jazz.

Best i achieved on highway was 5.1. Best in city driving was 6.3.

Ive found with the cvt is that there is no point in flooring it off from the stand still. I usually just put around 2krpm on it and let the motor's torque take it to the required speed. Slow? yes no doubt but hey i dont drive the jazz for speed. Although once the thing is moving, due to its low weight, it really can achieve some surprising turns of speed.

GU357
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
GE6 with 17inch wheels. I get 7.7l/100.
Is anyone else's computer that displays how many kms left before empty way off? Mine jumped 2kms down in 500m, freaked me out!

i dont think the GD's had this, but the reason it happened is pretty obvious