PDA

View Full Version : EG petrol Sensor?

lommyvo
17-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, I dont know if its the petrol sensor or the body roll of the car ifself. Because of this, Ive been losing alot of petrol.

I have EG, when i have my petrol just about above half/full. Everytime i TURN right, my fuel gauge inside cluster will DROP but when i turn LEFT it goes up?

Is that common with EG's?
Or You think my petrol sensor in the tank is playing up?
But when its full petrol it doesn't do it. So nfi whats going on -.-
I drive about 50kms from home to work and back another 50.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

TheSaint
17-07-2011, 04:39 PM
i do about the same milage each day - and yes - both my integra and my civic have always done this

any time i turn a corner, go up or down a hill, or do any spirited driving my fuel indicator goes up and down

it will also give a false reading if there is dirt n crap in ur tank (using cheap and nasty fuels) - try some fuel system cleaner from ur local auto1 store

lommyvo
17-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Cheers for that! Yeah, some reason i go too fill up, usually 40ltrs but, it only reads 29 its full -.- so i have at least 10 liters in there! when my fuel indicator is on E, STUPIDD!

Currently using 95 at BP but ill buy those cleaners incase i do have dirt whatever clogged up too!

hmetro24
17-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I am having same problem, just drive on straight road to see the right amount.

lommyvo
17-07-2011, 08:17 PM
It's really annoying.. Because you think your running out of petrol when your not -.-

hmetro24
17-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Light should come if petrol is low.But do not risk the car and your time, always keep it 30%+

egb16b
17-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah i have the same problem.

I always reset my speedo reader and work out how many k's i have before it's empty. More accurate sometimes then going by the fuel gauge.

If i fill up 30L then i got around 300 - 350kms, 20L i got about 200 - 250kms. etc..

dougie_504
17-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Same happens on hills dude. Normal.

mugen_ctr
18-07-2011, 12:54 AM
u can blame it on honda's bad design skills, it effects 9/10 civics, ive come across, even mine :S

It is probs a bad fuel sensor location honda put inplace, or something else.

lommyvo
18-07-2011, 05:00 PM
YEah probably, thanks everyone, didnt actually know.. But now i know. I filled up half until pay day, turned a sharp right turn, my petrol indi went LOW E light came on, then back to half again =.= argh!

Stoogey
18-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Yep. I noticed this straight away first time driving my civic.

So now i just reset the trip meter every refill and gauge via that. I dont bother with the needle gauge much.

Might have to try the fuel system cleaner thing in mine as well to clear out some gunk perhaps.

dougie_504
19-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't see what the big deal is personally. Why would you check your petrol meter when you're cornering anyway? Eyes on the road boys! Check it when you're on a flat straight, not a problem. And just mentally be aware of how much petrol you have. If the light comes on when the car is level you have about 5L. Know your fuel economy and then you don't even need the meter at all, just the odometer...