PDA

View Full Version : Clutch ?

viinnh
19-07-2011, 06:00 PM
hey guys im about to swap cars for a honda civic eg vti D16Y1. the only problem is the car cranks VERY slow and wont turn on. also this was my mates OLD car so the clutch was pretty much near dead when he had the car. new owner did not change it. the owner said when it did started it makes all these rattling noise, gets worst if its in gear or moving, and it wont rev past 4k rpm (struggles) and also the whole engine shakes/vibrates like crazy

his mate said it was a bottom end bearing in the block, im thinking its the clutch/pressure plate/flywheel area., could it be ?

Thanks. Charles

vtecing
19-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Starter motor

DC2-PWR
19-07-2011, 06:11 PM
If car cranks slowly then thats a battery (power) related issue.

If your car vibrates, it could also be that the rear engine mount (or any other engine mount) could be broken.

If the car doesnt rev past 4k there must be a timming issue. It cannot be the clutch (please tell me if I'm incorrect),

I think your car has a lot of issues lol :p .

Snoop_gee
19-07-2011, 06:22 PM
how is this 18+ :S pahahha

viinnh
19-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Starter motor

yeah but how about that rattling noise + not going over 4k rpm

If car cranks slowly then thats a battery (power) related issue.

If your car vibrates, it could also be that the rear engine mount (or any other engine mount) could be broken.

If the car doesnt rev past 4k there must be a timming issue. It cannot be the clutch (please tell me if I'm incorrect),

I think your car has a lot of issues lol :p .

the battery was replaced with a new one 2 weeks ago, jump starting does not work.
and the car was running all fine till all of a sudden the rattling noise came in the next time turning it on.

how is this 18+ :S pahahha

got your attention didnt it ? haha

dc2r-0636
19-07-2011, 06:46 PM
if it wont evn start when its jump starting could be the ICM in the dizzy
do you hav spark ?

davidvtec
19-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds like it ran out of oil at one stage, and drove on it which makes it worse.. therefore may cause the spun bearing and not allowing to rev past 4k.

Does the rattle noise sound louder if you rev harder?

Sounds like a definite bottom end issue

davidvtec
19-07-2011, 06:50 PM
if it wont evn start when its jump starting could be the ICM in the dizzy
do you hav spark ?

Check coil inside if its blown

dougie_504
19-07-2011, 11:07 PM
My D16Y1 clutch threw a spring on the Black Spur once. Sounded like a terrible rattling noise, had some trouble engaging gears, rattling would get louder and worse as I kept driving it.

If this is the problem get it fixed ASAP or at least don't drive the car in the meantime, you could do major internal damage to your tranny.

Snoop_gee
21-07-2011, 08:09 AM
got your attention didnt it ? haha

true .. after all pink bits are R rated.
http://kereta.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/aftermarket-sport-clutch-assembly.jpg