PDA

View Full Version : Where do I connect ground to this oil pressure sender?

xenonkuraz
19-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Super newbie first time.

Here's a pic:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6475/img1376y.jpg

It appears that where there would normally be a connection for the ground wire it has been covered?

Do I ground the actual unit?

Also I've seen people suggest that connecting this to an oil sandwich adapter is a no-no (not an actual pressure reading?) so what would be a better way?

ECU-MAN
20-07-2011, 03:18 PM
the unit itself is the ground. it gets grounded as you screw it into the block

xenonkuraz
20-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks mate always a legend

Jccck
20-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Also I've seen people suggest that connecting this to an oil sandwich adapter is a no-no (not an actual pressure reading?) so what would be a better way?

Shouldn't be a problem unless it's of poor design (The sandwich plate)
Either way, those sender units are easily activated.. The mechanical ones are bit more tempremental
It appears that where there would normally be a connection for the ground wire it has been covered?

The absolute 'BEST' way to do it.. Is use a short flexable braided hose coming from the Oil Light Switch socket, and having the Sender Unit mounted via a bracket to the car itself
This way there is little to no weight suspended off the block and you have no risk of cracking anything.

I've heard of cases where people have put a T piece into the block, and attatched both Oil Light and Sender Unit to it.. And under abuse they've actually cracked the outlet.

For the record my Sender Unit is screwed into a Bisimoto Sandwich Plate.. Never had a problem with my pressure reading.. And it's strong and safe

xenonkuraz
20-07-2011, 10:31 PM
However is it accurate? I saw a couple of posts where aaronng mentions that the pressure from the plate is a different reading from the absolute pressure?

Anyway I am getting my hands on a GReddy sandwich plate and GReddy water temp adapter :D

Jccck
21-07-2011, 09:34 AM
However is it accurate? I saw a couple of posts where aaronng mentions that the pressure from the plate is a different reading from the absolute pressure?

Anyway I am getting my hands on a GReddy sandwich plate and GReddy water temp adapter :D

It's directly en route to your Oil Filter.. And if i was designing an oil system i'd want my Oil Filter to recieve plenty of oil flow (I daresay Honda are smarter than i am)
A good sandwich plate has proper porting to make sure oil gets into the feed lines/sender units you have attatched to it.. A junk one may not.

GReddy make some brilliant oil products! Good choice