PDA

View Full Version : has anyone on this forum done a k24 swap into a jazz

ryan14
20-07-2011, 06:21 PM
trying to find out all the facts and parts list so i have a trouble free (as possible) install!
any help would be great, thanks

GU357
20-07-2011, 07:36 PM
one guy here has. but i havent seem him online lately.

but ive looked into it a fair bit.

u have to apply for a permit to have it done, and have it inspected by an engineer.

ryan14
20-07-2011, 08:03 PM
one guy here has. but i havent seem him online lately.

but ive looked into it a fair bit.

u have to apply for a permit to have it done, and have it inspected by an engineer.

yeah i knew i would have to have an engineer look pass it, i might get in touch with the engineer i used last time and see what he says might not be worth it by the time i pay for the certs.

GU357
20-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeh, im not sure if its worht it tbh but i love the jazz and its unexpecting ability to move.
so i might look into a turbo which will still need a permit omg...

which do u reckon would be more cost effective? ie pay less for the engineer.
having said that my uncles an engineer LOL

ryan14
20-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Yeh, im not sure if its worht it tbh but i love the jazz and its unexpecting ability to move.
so i might look into a turbo which will still need a permit omg...

which do u reckon would be more cost effective? ie pay less for the engineer.
having said that my uncles an engineer LOL

in most states now under the new regulations power to weight is the only real problem! all the other mods to fit the engine are only basic really so i don;t see them costing more than 1g to certify! but all the testing and hiring people to test if the car is safe and stops/handles is what cost the big $$$

ouch
20-07-2011, 09:55 PM
thats an idea. k swap or a turbo? which would be the smarter option?

ryan14
20-07-2011, 10:17 PM
thats an idea. k swap or a turbo? which would be the smarter option?

it's hard to say but a proper turbo setup with tuning and a good turbo eg: garret not (chinese shit) is still going to cost the best part of 5 or 6k but after seeing how a d16 vtec handled boost it would be very interesting to see how the jazz would go

ss-rotel
20-07-2011, 10:54 PM
ok, not saying how much it cost, but i just had mine Jazz turbo'd, with a Garret GT25BB, CP 9.0:1 pistons, Haltech ECU... list goes on, needs bigger CAT and fuel pump, but it' making 135kw @ wheels, and 305nm torque, (something like 225BHP) @ 12psi.

once we're changed the pump, and CAT, wind it up to 14-15psi, 250BPH would be fairly easily

melvin
20-07-2011, 11:11 PM
^^^sounds awesome. Any pics and a link to your parts list??

ss-rotel
21-07-2011, 12:01 AM
there's some on the ausjazz.com.au forum... but nothing recent. planning a small run this weekend, and depending on the weather...

ss-rotel
21-07-2011, 12:12 AM
CP 9.0-1 forged pistons
haltech sprint 500 ECU
custom exhaust manifold, (obviously)
Bosch EV14 550cc injectors
XR6 FPV intercooler and BOV
Direct clutches modified hat and lighten flywheel
Exceedy 5 puck brass clutch
engine has had a ground up rebuild, with a majority of the OEM honda parts out of the US, (aus delievered parts are soo $$$)
and 9 months wait... pistons had to be ordered twice. first set lost in the floods here, and they are a 3 month wait...
Dont think i've missed anything...

rest of the car -
Enkei 15x7 +40mm ultra light 7 spoke mags
king springs
Alpine IVA-200IR
701 processor
5 channel alpine amp, (old one, can't remember what it is...)
Focal K2Power 6.5 2 ways
imagedynamic ID8 sub

melvin
21-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Sounds the goods!! Do you post your progress on ausjazz?? I'd like to see how it goes.

ss-rotel
21-07-2011, 02:49 PM
there's a thread there black 2005 vtis in brisbane... kinda documents it once i have dyno scans and a few other things sorted, and given the bastad a good wash, i'll post a doco on here with pix

ouch
21-07-2011, 03:36 PM
phwoooooooooooooooooooar, yeah is there a build anywhere?

oh, and how do those focals go? louuuud?

GU357
21-07-2011, 06:55 PM
nice Rotel.

how much did it cost to have it inspected and certified?

im thinking turbo will be good. but K+turbo = Awesome.

and the HKS kit is bolt on (so they say) and will set you back 4.5-5k to purchase

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 12:46 AM
mechanic sorted it out... sooo all part of the deal. so no idea. like i said, you're looking @ about $10-12K to have what i had done to my car.
it SHOULD handle 16psi and rev to 7100rpm as it sits, once i can get enough fuel to it, stock pump only really good for about 200BHP, (we're making 225+/- BHP now, but it's only just keep'n up. if these bosch's weren't so damn good, it wouldn' fuel it)

I'm seriously thinking of getting an old EG or EK civic as a track car, and do a K20 conversion. but NA, so quads, lots head work, push for a 8-9K RPM...

.... yeah, but the HKS stage1 kit's only really good for, (and this is off their site), an extra 30HP, and it will make only an extra 40nm torque. (we're making almost an extra 200nm torque, and 150BHP)

you could almost get the same power gain with a decent exhaust setup, CAI...

I was reading that they had planned stage 2 and 3 upgrades to the base kit, but i'm not sure if they went ahead. total cost was going to be more then what i was look @ about... so i didn't do it. i have contacts with Performance Wholesale here, so i would have got a decent price... but still.

for the same sort of $$$ i'd look @ the Sprintex SC kit the they have build for the Jazz, i think it's only in GE trim, but it wouldn't take them much to get it to fit a GD if you asked them i dont think, and i thnk they are WA bassed, so perfect for you GU. more low down power and torque.

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 12:52 AM
phwoooooooooooooooooooar, yeah is there a build anywhere?

oh, and how do those focals go? louuuud?

Not yet. i'm still working on the car. once i'm done, i'll do a big write up, and post it here. once it's finished i want it in mags so i'll let you know.

the focals are awesome. currently re-doing, (well... trying to find time to re-do) my sub box, and am just running them on their own. ALMOST dont need the sub.
BTW, you need a 35mm spacer, and a dremel to cut away MOST of the plastic behind the grill in the doors, but they DO fit.

so yeah, the stock grill's are still in place, so is completely stealth. aside from the 2din touch screen, you wouldn't know.

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 12:53 AM
oh, and i forgot the metric but load of Dynamat... :)

(acutally, 1 big box is enough to do the 2 front doors, and all of the boot, there's about 1.5 boxes in the car... )

GU357
22-07-2011, 01:47 AM
mechanic sorted it out... sooo all part of the deal. so no idea. like i said, you're looking @ about $10-12K to have what i had done to my car.
it SHOULD handle 16psi and rev to 7100rpm as it sits, once i can get enough fuel to it, stock pump only really good for about 200BHP, (we're making 225+/- BHP now, but it's only just keep'n up. if these bosch's weren't so damn good, it wouldn' fuel it)

I'm seriously thinking of getting an old EG or EK civic as a track car, and do a K20 conversion. but NA, so quads, lots head work, push for a 8-9K RPM...

.... yeah, but the HKS stage1 kit's only really good for, (and this is off their site), an extra 30HP, and it will make only an extra 40nm torque. (we're making almost an extra 200nm torque, and 150BHP)

you could almost get the same power gain with a decent exhaust setup, CAI...

I was reading that they had planned stage 2 and 3 upgrades to the base kit, but i'm not sure if they went ahead. total cost was going to be more then what i was look @ about... so i didn't do it. i have contacts with Performance Wholesale here, so i would have got a decent price... but still.

for the same sort of $$$ i'd look @ the Sprintex SC kit the they have build for the Jazz, i think it's only in GE trim, but it wouldn't take them much to get it to fit a GD if you asked them i dont think, and i thnk they are WA bassed, so perfect for you GU. more low down power and torque.

wow thanks.
and yeh the HKS is said to give another 40hp. (80hp up to 120hp) with cai and a tuned exhaust should pump 130, and then just set the max psi higher, and get a ALS (Y)
note: i dont think an ALS would be legal but will look into it ahaha.

thanks rotel ill check them out.

Snoop_gee
22-07-2011, 07:55 AM
lets take a look at our very own

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2490/3776913937_1434311b2a_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2586/3918206214_98a6edec2b_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/3967460597_19cd9e800f_o.jpg

http://choiboi.customer.netspace.net.au/Jazz/Jazz%20Face.jpg

http://choiboi.customer.netspace.net.au/Jazz/Jazz%20Back.jpg

http://choiboi.customer.netspace.net.au/Jazz/Mugen.jpg

http://choiboi.customer.netspace.net.au/Jazz/K20A2.jpg

androo
22-07-2011, 09:08 AM
^ Looks sick but is it me or are the hood latches crooked? Kinda ruins it...

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 01:33 PM
no, it's just the angle of the sunlight and the bonnet bump...

hat off to the boys that made that fit... damn that's tight
we had troubles getting the turbo kit to fit, and not we're finding all the bumps and rattles as it all settles. good work

GU357
22-07-2011, 05:34 PM
looks awesome but its smiling at me... kinda annoying.

and Rotel i asked sprintext just waiting reply.

looks like its all DIY, so should be interesting.
the air box though would smash into the battery at the moment because its different between the GE and GD.
so might have to find a way to move that battery.

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 08:07 PM
and Rotel i asked sprintext just waiting reply.

looks like its all DIY, so should be interesting.
the air box though would smash into the battery at the moment because its different between the GE and GD.
so might have to find a way to move that battery.

Yeah, i stumbled across the installation guide while looking for injectors for the jazz, (BTW, Bosch EV6 3/4 length, or EV14 injectors drop in with out mods needed to make if fit is change the plug to bosch style), and it looks REALLY simple. the hardest thing looks like the belt removal.

move the battery into the boot or something. :)

GU357
22-07-2011, 08:47 PM
yeh thats what im thinking ahaha.

someone told me to do it before for weight distribution.
wont make much affect but would be cool to stick it with the spare wheel if there is space.

but im thinking atm still to get the HKS and then upgrade the turbo to a larger one later on, and get a intercooler.
on a do as you go basis

ss-rotel
24-07-2011, 09:18 AM
dude, if nothing else, you'll be able to fit a BIGGER battery. it's tooo small to run that car, and a 1/2 decent stereo. i've had to replace the battery a couple of time due to dropped cells.
and the amp in me stereo REALLY isn't anthing THAT special

GU357
24-07-2011, 05:55 PM
i got like 5yrs yrs out of the first battery.
but the car had no mods then, cos it was my dads.

Doe.Man
25-07-2011, 12:39 AM
What type of battery are you guys running? Mine might need changing, some of the electrics in the car aren't working like they are supposed to.

GU357
25-07-2011, 12:55 AM
that might not be so battery related.
the battery powers stuff but if those things are malfunctioning i shouldnt think its from the battery.
the battery is constatnly being charged by the engine when your driving anyway, so if its things are failing whilst ur driving i dont see it likely to be due to the battery.
good way to know if your battery is retarded is if it has troubles turning the engine.

although if you car has mods ie extra speakers/amp in car lights and that this is thrown out the window.

fillit
25-07-2011, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Snoop_gee;3052833]lets take a look at our very own

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2586/3918206214_98a6edec2b_o.jpg

This is the car on the justcar insurance brochure right??

ouch
25-07-2011, 11:51 PM
that cars been around, who owns it now? more than 70k on that one...FUUUUAARRRK

GU357
26-07-2011, 11:34 PM
WHOLY SHIT! more than 70$!!! siff. u can keep ya K20s xD

ss-rotel
27-07-2011, 01:41 PM
labour's the killer, if you can do it yourself, you'll save alot.

GU357
27-07-2011, 05:27 PM
yeh, im thnking about importing some mexican mechanics

Liger
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I never imagined you could do all that to a jazz. Main reason in my head being that all the electronics and the engine bay being so small limiting what you can do with it. However that yellow jazz looks amazing! Where'd you get the mugen spoiler?

markismaximus
01-08-2011, 06:04 PM
what a sleeper... thing must haul some serious ass

GU357
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I never imagined you could do all that to a jazz. Main reason in my head being that all the electronics and the engine bay being so small limiting what you can do with it. However that yellow jazz looks amazing! Where'd you get the mugen spoiler?

that is a real mugen spoiler so its quite hard to find, but they can be bought from a taiwanese guy i got my spoon duckbill replica off.
apparently he does mugen copies in CF for abt $235 with shipping.

But the legit Mugen one is much more pricey and comes with the little rally fins that sit just infront of the spoiler, should see them if u look close at the pics.
he sells the genuine ones at $658
look up KenKen on AusJazz forums