PDA

View Full Version : Jazz VTI bumper upgrade to VTI-S

blastnpast
21-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi,

Looking at getting a jazz cheap price however it is a VTI but I would much rather a VTIs.

Is it possible to swap out my VTI front and rear bumper and upgrade to VTIs ones? What needs to be changed?

Dreams
21-07-2011, 06:02 PM
all interchangeable man, just the splash guards FRONT and REAR don't meet up at the bottom of the bumper. I wouldn't worry about that, they wont flap around.

GU357
21-07-2011, 06:51 PM
its pretty simple, just take out the canoe clips holding them in on the front and put the new one on.
should be pretty much a straight fit.

for the skirts u will have to drill them into the mudguards (front n rear) 3 screws i think.

and depending on the yr ie 06+ i think its a completely new back bumper.
but on below 06 models im pretty sure its an additional lip.

the easiest thing i thought would to be putting on a mugen lip set...
but dunno

GL

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 01:52 PM
the bumper on mine is a different bumper, not a lip kit, and it's an 05. the GD1's were pretty much, well they looked like, a lip kit front and rear, and side skirts.
wouldn't an after market kit be cheaper then getting the bumper ans side skirts OEM? Honda Aust parts prices for the jazz are kinda up there.

gre03
22-07-2011, 02:28 PM
what year jazz are you looking at?

as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong), if we're talking pre-facelift gd's. the gli and vti share the same bumpers, they only have different engines (1.3/1.5). the vti-s has a different bumpers and lip kit. you cannot put the vti-s lips on the gli/vtis as the bumper is different. the vti and vti-s' bumpers without the lips are very similar.

however there is the modulo lip kit for the gli/vti which imo looks nice. the user 'STTICH (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?97567-Long-time-!)' has/d them and looked very clean. its basically the facelift version style for the gli/vti BUT NOT for the vti-s.

hope this helps, and good luck with your purchase :)

GU357
22-07-2011, 05:01 PM
rotel is yours a 2005 MY06?
and if the GD1 is the version with the lip kit that makes sense.
theres one here around work with the lip kit.

but i know the other model up from mine (i have the 2003 GD3) had different bumpers

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 08:12 PM
rotel is yours a 2005 MY06

ehh? it's a 4/05 built, delievered 6/05 GD3 VTiS i've had since new, in black. tis ma baby.

Was funny we had a blue 2003 VTi, which, again we bought new, (in fact i THINK it was the first one to hit the Highway honda show room), and when it hit 90,000 i talked missus to buying a new car. Drove the astra, corolla, and went into the honda dealer, and there she was on the show room floor, and i smilled to the guy, and in a fit a lunacy, pointed and said, "you can sell me that one, with everything.

need new engine mounts now... rah... can't wait till i can just jump in and ring it's neck, and not worry about the new sound it's making :)
But after today, it's just the engine mounts...

ss-rotel
22-07-2011, 08:16 PM
we plan to go for a bit of a cruise this sunday, promise to take a few pics, and tell you how it stacks up agains a Golf GTi Mk5

blastnpast
22-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I've got two choices ATM

07 VTI 90,000 klms $9000

Or

06 VTIS 80,000 klms $12000

Tough decision but loving all the feedback from here! I think it would be worth getting the VTIS straight out so I don't mess about with changing bumpers and adding that additional spoiler!

GU357
22-07-2011, 10:32 PM
i wish i started out with a VTiS it would be so much easier not have to look for a body kit n stuff because its nice as is, just needs a drop and some nice wheels.

blastnpast
23-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah I think I'll just look and settle for VTI-S if I get the chance to move on from my ek I will do the swap

GU357
23-07-2011, 11:30 AM
why do u want to change cars?
sometimes i think i would have been better off with a civic, the variety and availability of parts is much higher.
and the engine more sporty i thought.?

blastnpast
23-07-2011, 12:19 PM
why do u want to change cars?
sometimes i think i would have been better off with a civic, the variety and availability of parts is much higher.
and the engine more sporty i thought.?

Choice of car change prob coz I see potential in the jazz and have had a good time with sporty cars but am feeling the need for a standard modern car for cheap price!

The ek civic is great and I love it - have modded mine to the max and now it's for sale however I get bored of cars to quickly lol

GU357
23-07-2011, 08:38 PM
makes sense.
the jazz does have a fair bit of GO in it.
good luck with your vehicle.

i cant wait to get another one :P

GU357
07-10-2011, 01:41 PM
GD refers to the model, GD represents the older style jazz, where as the new one is GE.

then theres GD1 which is the first of the GD jazz's then after a couple years they changed it to the GD3 which is the most common one.

goodluck

Artie
12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
GD refers to the model, GD represents the older style jazz, where as the new one is GE.

then theres GD1 which is the first of the GD jazz's then after a couple years they changed it to the GD3 which is the most common one.

goodluck

That's not actually correct.

The GD1 refers to the 1.3 litre DSI engine which is the GLi in Australia.
The GD3 refers to the 1.5 litre VTEC engine which is the VTi and VTi-S in Australia.

GD2 and GD4 are the respective 4WD models which were available in Japan.

Also, there were 2 updates (3 different versions) to the GD Jazz models. The first Australian Jazz did not actually have an official "MY" designation but is commonly known as the MY03. It was released in Australia at the end of 2002. The first update was known as the MY05 and arrived in Australia in October 2004. The second update was known as the MY06 and arrived in Australia in March 2006. The MY06 was the first Australian Jazz to be built in Thailand. It had some minor differences such as different carpet, rear roof mounted radio aerial on GD3's, LED tail lights.

The MY05 and MY06 VTi-S bumper bars are the same. (The first VTi-S to have the one piece bumpers was the MY05 and these were carried over to the MY06)

GU357
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
thats funny because SS-Rotel had a GD1 and claims he had a body kit on his.
and the body kit was only available on the VTiS which by your definition means it must be a GD3

so maybe we should ask him.

i presumed he would know, since he had one.

Artie
12-10-2011, 02:20 PM
thats funny because SS-Rotel had a GD1 and claims he had a body kit on his.
and the body kit was only available on the VTiS which by your definition means it must be a GD3

At #7 on this thread he claims he has a GD3 VTi-S. His will be an MY05.

VIN numbers give it away:
4th, 5th & 6th characters on 1.5 models (VTi & VTi-S) are "G" "D" & "3" respectively.
4th, 5th & 6th characters on 1.3 models (GLi) are "G" "D" & "1" respectively.

GU357
12-10-2011, 06:58 PM
he says he had a GD1 before his GD3

but your very likely right im just going off what ive been told.
and wikipedia does back u up.

ss-rotel
14-10-2011, 03:04 PM
i stand corrected, i had a GD3 VTi, 2003, and i now have a GD3, VTiS, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit)

I wonder if a could swap out the 4wd running gear out of a GD4, and if it would hold up with the power i'm making now... :)

i recon cheap upgrade for a GE would be to swap the rear springs out from a VTi/VTiS GD1. give you the same effect as a rear sway bar, but without the mounting heart ache.
(as the series of jazz/fit's were released, they softened the suspension setup, but they are all interchangeable. i've READ that GD and GE suspension is interchangeable for the most part)

oh, and i never said i had a kit on my Blue VTi. obviously from pics i've posted here, i have a black VTiS now.

fundies
14-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I put an oem Honda Jazz VTI body kit on mine ( 06 ). Very VTIS like, but a little original, cost $1000 for rear spoiler, side skirts and front lip spoiler, but its pre painted to match the factory finish.