PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Replace Fog Light Bulbs - Help Please FRUSTRATING

haitim01
21-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Accord Euro,

I am trying to replace the current yellow fog light glocbes with some Mtec white/blue ones.

Now i have read the manual and am familiar with what i need to do to access the bulb, however when the correct 3 screws and clip are removed, the plastic stone guard will not come off, i cannot, for the life of me, find how to remove it out of the way, the maunal show that it should just pull down and out of the way....if i pull on it any harder something is going to break (thats what she said ;-) ).....

I can assure you that it doesnt.... it has huge overlaps with the other undertrays and it is too stiff to bend, it is moving around quite freely withing its own seating spot but i just cannot get it out of the way.... i spent 30 mins last night trying to remove the c*nt of a thing, before i swore and just put the screws and clip back in and left it...

how the hell do you remove the f**king thing!!!!??????

All the screws and clips are out that the manual says to remove but it wont release and drop out of the way.

Im about to book it into Honda for the service dept to do it. what a load of shit....

Also to note: I have sucessfully replace teh front parkers with LED bulbs and installed a HID kit, so im not a complete idiot..... something is just not working for me here.....

haitim01
21-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Also before any one says "search" i have and this DIY:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?148986-(CL9)-Quick-amp-Easy-Fog-Lamp-Swap.&highlight=fog+light+diy

Doesnt work because my foglights are sitting in behind the front lip/spoiler thing..... so they dont undo and drop out the front....

jono_l
21-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Brute force my brother!

First time I did my fogs I spent a good 15 mins scratching my head trying to figure out how to remove the stone guard as well! The material is a lot more flexible than it appears actually, and by flexing your bumper out slightly, and folding over the bit where it overlaps with the undertray it'll come out sweet. I'm not 100% sure but I may have even taken out an extra clip/bolt in the wheel arches which gave me a bit more flexibility to work with.

Wait til you try get the plugs off the damned bulbs whilst they're still installed in the housing - THAT was a challenge! Trying to fumble for a seemingly non-existant clip to release the plug from the bulb was a real pain in the arse. Would've been so much easier if the bulb could be removed before it was unplugged, but it appears that some bright spark at Honda had decided that their way was better.