PDA

View Full Version : my eks hunting :S

minhquan
22-07-2011, 10:35 AM
hey guys
just bought my first car and a day after i bought it the engine was idling funny also known as "hunting" i drove straight back to where i bought it and they happily fixed it now its all normal again,but my main concern is i was told its my head gasket, is this true? would i need to replace my head gasket?

thanks soo much guys

mugen_ctr
22-07-2011, 10:38 AM
have u tried cleaning the IACV? common problem on ek's.

heres a good thread i used: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f55/troubleshooting-idle-problems-259965/

happy hunting :)

hmetro24
22-07-2011, 11:44 AM
hey guys
just bought my first car and a day after i bought it the engine was idling funny also known as "hunting" i drove straight back to where i bought it and they happily fixed it now its all normal again,but my main concern is i was told its my head gasket, is this true? would i need to replace my head gasket?

thanks soo much guys
Check couple of things,
check oil in water/coolant, brownish color
check water in oil
sweet smell from exhaust
white or blue smoke.
Do a compression test .

blastnpast
22-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Wait until TBM sees this post dude he loves helping our!! Top user and knows his stuff!

Anyways there is loads of ways to check the hunting and hunting can be interpreted as fluctuating idle when stationary or even hesitant under acceleration etc

Please specify which hunting scenario you were experiencing

TbM
23-07-2011, 06:55 AM
^^^^^ Lol thanks dude i help where i can, from reading the OP it seems as tho they have already got the Idle issue fixed by the workshop but has now been informed their headgasket is gone, i would follow what hmetro24 has said and check for the common symptoms of a blown head gasket, You can also purchase a test kit where you take a sample of your coolant and it checks for hydrocarbons.

vtecing
23-07-2011, 09:42 AM
deer hunter?

minhquan
23-07-2011, 06:56 PM
cheers so much guys
the mechanics told me nothings wrong with the gasket :S so i dunno who to believe my friend or the mechanic :S
but ill prolly check for the white smoke and stuff like that
cheers soo much
was kinda scary hearing my car sound like that after the first day i got it :L