PDA

View Full Version : rod seal fits :) still no change in feel Master Cyliner Rebuild Kit Part No?

quang
23-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
Following up from my previous post, the vti-r rod seal fits the itr master cylinder and the vacuum leak is no gone :)
But there has been little if not no change in the pedal pressure while driving from when i last posted. Which was very little pedal pressure for the first 8-10cm of stroke then full pressure the last 4-5cm.

So i figure the master cylinder needs a rebuild, anyone have a part no i can go to honda with for a 98-01 ITR Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit?

And before anyone says, YES i have bled the brakes.

Thanks
Quang

grifty
24-07-2011, 03:33 PM
did you bleed the master cylinder before installing?

if you think it needs a rebuild i would take it apart and have a look at the bore, if it is damaged then you are better off getting a 2nd hand clean one.

quang
25-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Yep, bled the mc, I can confirm now that something is leaking fluid. Most likely the mc, when I run my finger along the bottom of the mc where it meets the booster, there is fluid present.

grifty
25-07-2011, 08:22 AM
take apart the MC then and inspect for internal bore damage, if it has any bore damage then you should get a 2nd hand MC in good condition instead.

chowdaa
26-07-2011, 06:48 AM
its hard to say if the second hand one wont do the same thing. Do your hardest research and find a chassis number and go to honda, its a waste of a dc2r mc. If your description of the problem, "nothing, nothing, ALL" when it comes to brake pressure to be applied for brake operation, did you notice the rubber reaction disc when you installed the mc?

quang
27-07-2011, 06:49 PM
whats the rubber reaction disc? rod seal? it wasn't there and so i had a vacuum leak, replaced the rod seal and the leak has gone but feels no different, there wasn't any rod seal on my stock vti-r one either :S but there wasn't a vacuum leak with the stock vti-r one for some reason
its probably bit more like "nothing, a little bit of something, ALL"
i called honda, looks like i'll have to wait atleast 3 weeks on back order to get anything from them, they've still have stuff on back order from last month (Honda in Japan is still recovering from Tsunami's), local brake shops here that i've called so far don't have generic replacements or rebuild kits. Honda has replacement pistons though.
Does anyone know where you can get refurbed ones? Canberra seems to be a bit out of luck for this part.

Thanks for all your help so far guys!