PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r lca

ogen
25-07-2011, 01:20 AM
hi guys,
im about to swap out my lca for DC2R lca (and rear shocks).
but im just lost, which way is the right way up for the lca?

and is it as simple as removing those required bolts and just swapping it in?

thanks for any help =]

mytfoz
25-07-2011, 03:41 AM
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4439

first pic:
birds eye view
right side (driver)
left side (passenger)

egb16b
25-07-2011, 07:58 PM
It's a straight bolt in swap.

Use the same bolts from the eg lca's. Try not to mix up the bolts though, so mark each bolt from where they came.

Also make sure the lca's are on the right side. RH is the driver side and LH is passenger side.

And when you tighten everything back up, don't fully tighten it up because the suspension is suspended in the air by the jack stands. What you'll need to do is start the bolts but don't tighten them up all the way, then get your jack and jack it up right under the lca where it connects to your shocks - use a block of wood if you don't want to scratch anything. Jack it up until the car isn't supported by the jack stands anymore and then tighten them up all the way. I think torque specs are 40nm or something like that.
You'll need to do this for each corner.

And remember to do wheel alignment after your done. Easy as.

What shocks are you going to use anyway??

ogen
27-07-2011, 01:24 AM
im just using bog standard DC2R shocks and replacing with my existing king springs.

i just did the RHS, cant do the LHS til i get an impact wrench cos the inner bolt is almost rounded, so scared to breaker bar it any further =[

also...since i finished the RHS, the inlet pipe of my muffler is tapping against the top of the LCA, and its bugging me.
instead of taking it to a muffler shop and asking them to re-route my piping, is there an easier option to stop them from touching?
i believe my muffler tip is already butting up against the bumper, so little movement...

thanks for the replies guys !

ogen
27-07-2011, 02:34 AM
also wheres a cheap place to do a wheel alignment in sydney? =D

ogen
28-07-2011, 07:32 PM
anyone know an affordable muffler shop where i can re-route my muffler pipe?

egb16b
28-07-2011, 09:27 PM
yeah i wouldn't risk rounding that bolt further.. in the mean time head to the wreckers n try n find another bolt to use once you've got it off.

not too sure about the piping though.. maybe try n play around with the muffler hangers to try n get some more space.

can't help you with wheel alignment place in sydney.. but i normally go to bob jane or TTF n places like that.. $55 i paid for mine last time.

ogen
30-07-2011, 05:08 PM
thanks mate !

yeah my friend gave me a spare bolt that happened to be lying around, its all fixed up now, sweet as !