PDA

View Full Version : installed SRI, noise and Idling issue

trixx
25-07-2011, 06:17 PM
hey guys,

need some help/advice on what to do. today i installed a short ram in my ek4 today.
idle funny when i tap on the brakes, when i press on the brake and release. the idle jumps from 900 to 1100 and drops back down to 900,
and when i rev it abit and let go, it will drop to 700-800 and go back up to 900

i poped the bonnet and when i rev it and when its back to idles,it makes a funny sound from the pod. i shake the pod around abit and the noise goes away.

im i missing something? im not really sure whats going on, car seems to drive fine

cheers

quangsuke
25-07-2011, 06:18 PM
is the air flow meter attached properly?

mocchi
25-07-2011, 06:31 PM
there might be something wrong with your brake check valve?

mugen_ctr
25-07-2011, 06:33 PM
is the air flow meter attached properly?

B-series and d-series dont run Mass air flow meters, i think on the newer civics they do though. Or do you mean the sensor on the intake arm?

Have u cleaned the iacv? could be the source of ur problem....

trixx
25-07-2011, 06:43 PM
there might be something wrong with your brake check valve?
im not sure what the brake check valve is, how do i diagnose if there is a problem with that?

B-series and d-series dont run Mass air flow meters, i think on the newer civics they do though. Or do you mean the sensor on the intake arm?

Have u cleaned the iacv? could be the source of ur problem....

do you mean, do this? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?4693-IACV-clean-check-!&highlight=idle+intake
ill clean the iacv tomorrow and see how that goes. all i did today was take off the stock intake and wiped the inside of the throttle body with a cloth with abit of degreaser on it and put the aftermarket sri on.

thanks for the replys

trixx
25-07-2011, 08:08 PM
just an update, started my car just then, cracked it, and it turns on for like 2seconds and turns off once it hits 1000rpm, happened twice in a row. 3rd time it turns on fine but engine check light is on. i turned off the engine and turned it on the 4th time and everything seems fine now no check light, idle is at 1000rpm but the pin moves slightly up and down.

dougie_504
25-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Did you reset your ECU? No hose vacuum leaks?

trixx
26-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Did you reset your ECU? No hose vacuum leaks?

reset the ecu? do u mean disconnect the battery for 15min?
im not sure about hose vacuum leak, my car seems fine with the stock intake, it should be the aftermarket intake, just to find out why now...