PDA

View Full Version : Jazz GD MY06 looking for some mods. Recommendations?

kennethgqr
26-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi guys. Got my car not too long ago and looking to do some changes to it. Bought a pair of enkei RP01s for the car and that's bout it. What other mods are recommended?

melvin
26-07-2011, 09:34 AM
K swap.

trism
26-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Exactly the same as any other car. Intake exhaust suspension

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

kennethgqr
26-07-2011, 09:40 AM
How about bodykits and stuff? I feel that after all the mods it will look weird because there is no body kit on it. Btw what intake do you recommend?

melvin
26-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Theres a range of intakes available for the jazz. It just depends on your price range.

trism
26-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Body kits are shit.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

ss-rotel
26-07-2011, 11:21 AM
ther aren't really that many suspension options on the jazz, so i've found. you can buy Kings springs for them, (drop's the car about 15mm), but the stock shock's being short throw, really dont like it after a while.

and you can't really get after market struts in aust for the front. This pretty much limits you to coil overs. I just put a set of Cusco's in my 2005, and they are pretty good, just a little soft in the rear. (after running kings and stock shocks for a bit...)

my first jazz i got an intake pipe made up for a K&N pod that sat were the cold box was. worked well. to begin with just a bigger muffler will give you a bit more top end, along with the intake, should make the car a little quicker without spending crazy money.

Dropping the car on a decent set of rims always makes a car look good.

kennethgqr
26-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I am actually looking at the K & N intake. Recommended by a friend. Hoping to get it second hand though.

Btw if I am lowering the car then I wont actually get a bodykit for it because I have seen some which have been lowered and it looks not bad as well.

With the muffler I have been told that I should not get one that is more than 2.5 inches because that will result in the car losing power or something?

sdx91
26-07-2011, 12:59 PM
how much is it to get the cai pipe made? or was it a sri pipe?

melvin
26-07-2011, 10:03 PM
With the muffler I have been told that I should not get one that is more than 2.5 inches because that will result in the car losing power or something?

Cant confirm whether the size of the muffler will make a difference but I know thats its the better option when it comes to exhausts. Dont get a catback because you'll lose whatever torque the jazz has.

GU357
26-07-2011, 11:49 PM
^
how would u lose torque??

and start off simple.
SRI/CAI i have an apexi it cost me abt 200$ +shipping thats rather expensive imo get a Simota or something much cheaper

Get a muffler u can get some cheap ones, frees up the exhaust a little bit so u will get a bit more power not much though.
mufflers vary from $80 second hand (i got an xforce for 60$) i saw someone selling the same one on ausjazz for abt 80 tho.
some ppl buy fancy HKS ones they r like 600$ abit much imo.

then Handling, TEIN coilovers/ King springs/ BC racing Coilovers / Buddy Club Coilovers/ Cusco Coilovers / T1R Coilovers (aka AP racing)
Springs are cheap like 200$ second hand is a good deal (depending)
Coilovers are costly like 2k brand new i got some BC's RRP 1.5k-ish but i got them second hand for $550

Strut bars are nice too. but pain to install i have a tutorial in the DIY section, if u get xforce ones.

Look on the site, theres rarely much for the jazz but u should be able to source all these things.

JDM concept sell some stuff but its Pricey. and JDM yard also pricey but trusted.
^ they are expensive cause they are high quality, good brands and also kinda like designer labels LOL.

Good luck with the jazz

kennethgqr
27-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah I heard catbacks don't really work for a jazz though unless you are throwing a new engine in or something. Btw thanks for that. Shall try find out about the size of the mufflers. But I won't want anything too big as well cause the jazz isn't that big and it will look weird with a large exhaust.

kennethgqr
27-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Hmm. Thanks for the input. Doubt I will get strut bars though. Don't see the point in them. Shall try find some mufflers around and also probably springs. I think coils are a little out of my budget though.

JDM does cost a little bit more but at least they are trustworthy. Shall look around in the forums first before deciding.

melvin
27-07-2011, 09:36 AM
^
how would u lose torque??

Cant explain it technically but only through experience.
There might be someone here who can explain it though. I just know that once you put a catback it felt sluggish.

melvin
27-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Hmm. Thanks for the input. Doubt I will get strut bars though. Don't see the point in them. Shall try find some mufflers around and also probably springs. I think coils are a little out of my budget though.

BC coilovers brand new $1150 @ JustJap. Perfect for street.

EG52NV
27-07-2011, 12:23 PM
BC coilovers brand new $1150 @ JustJap. Perfect for street.

Bc coil over on 6 clicks are very comfortable on the streets

EG52NV
27-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Modify your stock air box (cut out the bottom and route a cold air pipe to it) drop in K&N panel filter.

Remover axle back muffler and drive around like one of the other guys on the forum did

GU357
27-07-2011, 05:21 PM
How do u not see the point in strut bars?

Big exhaust look stupid?

o.O

am i being trolled?

the exhaust maybe but i mean nothing more then a 3inch.

and ppl say that if u put a larger exhaust on it feels like less torque, its a back pressure thing, and thats a myth anyway, its not like the jazz has carbies

kennethgqr
27-07-2011, 09:29 PM
haha i see the point in strut bars but not at this moment I guess? will consider it after the coils. Sorry if you misunderstood me haha.

Yeah I will probably go for something not more than 2 and a half inches.

GU357
27-07-2011, 09:36 PM
the Xforce one then is a good start. the canon has a rather modest size tip.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/My%20Jazz/20110524_002.jpg
^ my Old Jazz when it had the muffler on.

u can get a megan one too, the tips arent large but there are 2 of them lol.
much more expensive though: about $400 by the time its here.

and strut bars make alot of difference driving the jazz above now without the struts feels different, like not as sturdy n tight.
maybe its in my head, but when they went on the car felt like a rock

sdx91
28-07-2011, 02:42 PM
with my exhaust driving in D feels pretty sluggish and especially when getting up to speed from 0 or on a hill.. it felt quicker with the stock exhaust so I guess that is a back pressure thing.. but I always drive on S now and it feels even faster than with the stock exhaust.. so yeh strange :/

ss-rotel
28-07-2011, 03:53 PM
ok - if you go bigger in diameter on the pipe from the CAT back, you are increasing the amount of air in the pipes that the engine needs to move when running. This has a quantifiable weight, and doing so will effect low down and in the extreme midrange power. THAT said, it will mean that the there is less restriction, so as the gases start to flow @ upper RPM, you'll gain a more effeceint engine, (effcientcy is how effective it is in turning air/fuel into power, not how little fuel it requires to go)

the trick is getting the right diameter for the flow charateristics of the perfomance and rev ranges you are looking for.

a trick i stumbled on a long time ago is called a venturi, this is petty old school tech, but worked really well in my old SR20 Pulsar. wiki it. But basically, take off the nozzle on your hose @ home, and turn it on. pretty pathetic flow yeah? hold your finger so it cover 1/2 the hose. Water's flowing faster now yeah? that's the venturi effect.

anyway, we ran a 2.25inch cat back exhaust on the pulsat. Just before the cat on the engine side, there was a maybe 10-15mm bit of 1.75inch stock exhuast, that wasn't worth the effort changing. we found that we gained an amount of low-midrange torque over a simular car that had had this little bit of pipe removed when they replaced it's cat.

Infact, the same car later had custom extractors installed and a highflow cat, and my car still managed to get a good 1/2 car length on it @ lights. Dyno'd hos car was making nearly 20kw more than mine, but my torque band was fatter and more usable. he managed to pull in in eventually, but he was always annoyed @ how fast my car was since i'd spent 1/10 the money hed had on his exhaust and CAI setup, (full carbon fibre, and custom tuned length headers, as apposed to stock headers, and a 90degree bend, a pod filter and some silicon hose)

anyway, sorry if that was off topic

AND to SDX, what i'm basically trying to say is, changing you're exhuast completely will push you torque up the rev range. hence it feels like you're "Missing power". it's not missing, it's just moved. In D in the CVT auto, the car will hold an RPM and the gearbox can "infinately" change gear ratio's as the car excelerates. so if the RPM that the gearbox has been programed to has lost some torque, (as in, that band has moved up the ver range), then it will feel slugish

i dont need to explain how S mode works in this box do i?

Hope this explains how you can "lose torque"

ss-rotel
28-07-2011, 04:01 PM
BTW, i've just had shipped a set of Ultra racing upper front strut and front fender braces. once i get them, and have time to fit them, i'll let you just how much of a differnce they make :)

OH, and if you ARE going to get a set of springs, PM me

GU357
28-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Rotel ur partially right about the air being needing to move and that exhaust diameter is related to desired rev range, but.

The reason u want a thinner exhaust at Low Revs is so the exhaust travels fast enough to create a low pressure drag behind the exhaust pulse.
if u dont have that drag then the engine doesnt really want to rev at that speed (or turn over at all).
I dont think it moves the power range but rather emphasizes and magnifies it in certain ranges.
but all things being equal means you lose it down low or up high.

If u have a high reving engine ie Rotary, then u want a big pipe because u dont want the pipe to be constrictive of the exhaust gas that can be output, so ur pumping more exhaust so u will need a bigger pipe to maintain the same flow rate.

When tuning an exhaust you aim for volumetric efficiency, and 0 back pressure.
the width of the exhaust must be suited for the peak RPM's where you have peak HP but also where you still have torque.

to attain no backpressure u want a straight pipe with no bends or constrictions (ie CATs) thats why u get HFC's n that.
*another good trick to make exhaust move from ur headers is too wrap it in heat wrap! because hot gasses move faster.
-the whole back pressure thing is a misconception because someone that that by putting a big exhaust on his car he wouldhave less backpressure then he drives it n is like this sucks, no backpressure = no torque, rather then saying wider is not better (in this case).

anyway if u turbo the car all exhaust components past the wastegate are useless lol so rotel shouldnt need to worry because after the exhaust is past the turbo it doesnt need to create the low pressure behind the pulse because the engines being fed air like crazy lol, so its home free for the exhaust afterwards.

hope this helps clear it up.

and SDX91 the loss of torque in D is probably more to do with the fact the throttle is less responsive in that mode, so its not gonna open up as much, especially if ur used to driving in S

kennethgqr
28-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks man lol. I think I will end up with the spoon N1 and probably springs. Doubt I can afford coilovers at this point of time :(

Guess with what I have now I will probably end up with a spoon N1, springs and probably look into the cold air intake later.

Btw, is there any workshop or something that you guys can recommend around Melbourne if you guys know any?

GU357
28-07-2011, 08:48 PM
spoon n1 muffler?

if its just the muffler u can do that youself, its very easy.

springs are a little more complicated, SDX91 was gonna get pedders to quote him installation on springs he was self supplying, but haven't heard the price yet.

kennethgqr
28-07-2011, 10:13 PM
ok Do you have a link where I can look it up? If you dont I can try find it.

btw SDX91 if you get a quote let me know so I can know roughly how much is it to get it installed

GU357
28-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?148465-Jazz-exhaust/)

gets good around page 3-4 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?148465-Jazz-exhaust/page3) i think then just read through most of its rubbish between me n SDX lol.

kennethgqr
29-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks man haha. Shall let you know how I go once I get the stuff. Looks easy btw. :)

GU357
29-07-2011, 10:56 AM
yeh the bolts are pretty stright forward
right under the "back axle" might be seized some use wd40 and a rattle gun if need be.

was thw spoon a muffler or catback?

kennethgqr
16-08-2011, 12:16 PM
The spoon would be a muffler. So should be quite straight forward :)

EVLGTR
18-08-2011, 01:41 PM
LOL modding a Jazz....Put a K20Z1/K20A/K20A2, gut everything out and stiffen the chassis is the only way i see a real JAZZ!!!!!

GU357
18-08-2011, 04:10 PM
can we get some realistic answers in here?
like srsly we dont all have $15k that we dont need.
and everyone knows about the K swap idea and it has been suggested to death.

what we need are realistic ideas that will make the car just abit more fun and still be road legal

kennethgqr
18-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree with you GU357. I dont have that much cash to spare. Probably will have one when i start working? LOL

ss-rotel
19-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Rotel ur partially right about the air being needing to move and that exhaust diameter is related to desired rev range, but.

The reason u want a thinner exhaust at Low Revs is so the exhaust travels fast enough to create a low pressure drag behind the exhaust pulse.
if u dont have that drag then the engine doesnt really want to rev at that speed (or turn over at all).
I dont think it moves the power range but rather emphasizes and magnifies it in certain ranges.
but all things being equal means you lose it down low or up high.

If u have a high reving engine ie Rotary, then u want a big pipe because u dont want the pipe to be constrictive of the exhaust gas that can be output, so ur pumping more exhaust so u will need a bigger pipe to maintain the same flow rate.

When tuning an exhaust you aim for volumetric efficiency, and 0 back pressure.
the width of the exhaust must be suited for the peak RPM's where you have peak HP but also where you still have torque.

to attain no backpressure u want a straight pipe with no bends or constrictions (ie CATs) thats why u get HFC's n that.
*another good trick to make exhaust move from ur headers is too wrap it in heat wrap! because hot gasses move faster.
-the whole back pressure thing is a misconception because someone that that by putting a big exhaust on his car he wouldhave less backpressure then he drives it n is like this sucks, no backpressure = no torque, rather then saying wider is not better (in this case).

From all the research i did in this area years ago, i'm pretty sure i'm right, but anyway. You need to be look @ this using fluid dymanics. the smaller the diameter pipe, the faster the air/fluid will flow, to a point, were the smaller pipe becomes a restriction.

anyway if u turbo the car all exhaust components past the wastegate are useless lol so rotel shouldnt need to worry because after the exhaust is past the turbo it doesnt need to create the low pressure behind the pulse because the engines being fed air like crazy lol, so its home free for the exhaust afterwards.

yes i know this. The reason behind that = in an NA engine, when the exhaust valve closes, an amount of vacum is created due to movement of the gases in the exhaust system, and the amount of vacum created effects engine efficeincy. tuned right, this will help extract exhuast gases and intake air/fuel. you also have to take into account the gases shrinking in volume as they cool, adding to the vacum effect. that's why different header designs exsist, and if you look into, effect different parts of the rev range.

This becomes less rellivent in a turbo charged engine, as the turbo once it's spooling, is pushing the air/fuel into chamber.

The engine is just an air pump after all, and the faster you can get the air to pass throu the system, the more power you will make.

ss-rotel
19-08-2011, 01:23 AM
kenneth - pick your local exhaust shop, and get them to put one of their "special" stainless steal muffler's on it. Right price in slacks creek did mine for like $160. it made a difference over stock, and doesnt take them long to do. i'm still using mine on my turbo's system, and there seem's to be no restriction.

you can spend alot more on a name brand, and you'll gain MAYBE a KW or 2.

then get the a panel filter for the stock box, i've seen samota ones on ebay for like $30.

Then start saving for a set of mags and decent tyres, i've found the Bridgestone Adreneline's to be good @ the price, thou the G3' i used to run were better, but alot more $$$. and either get some coilovers fitted while you're @ the shop, or @ a later stage.

depending on what you get in the way of coilovers, you will find that you might need some strut bracing. They are cheap, and make a difference. personally, the i'm running the Ultra racing gear, and i can vouch for the quality. ebay, front strut brace was like $120 landed, and it took about a week to get here from HK.

... i'd tell you just how much a difference it made, but like the day they showed up, the engine mounts finaliy let get, and the engine movement broke my exhaust manifold. it's in the shop now getting the mounts fitted, (i didn't have time...), and the manifold re-welded. hopefully it's not off the road too much longer.

oh yeah... the engine mounts in the jazz are pooh. save for a set of inovative mounts out of the states. my set cost me $360 landed. if anyone wants the link to the shop in the states PM me

patsdc2
19-08-2011, 09:24 AM
honestly speaking... I see no point in touching the Intakes-Header-Exhaust (IHE) mainly due to the potential of the engine itself, unless anyone is thinking of going the route of supercharging their jazz. You won't gain much hp from modding the IHE on this engine and what's the point of making so much noise when it's a family/slow car. Just my 2 cents.

ouch
20-08-2011, 11:14 AM
... And potatoes gonna potate. Anywho guys, where can I get a lip, back and front?

fillit
20-08-2011, 01:26 PM
honestly speaking... I see no point in touching the Intakes-Header-Exhaust (IHE) mainly due to the potential of the engine itself, unless anyone is thinking of going the route of supercharging their jazz. You won't gain much hp from modding the IHE on this engine and what's the point of making so much noise when it's a family/slow car. Just my 2 cents.

each to their own, i'm sure there's something attractive about every car, what do you think when you see VIP cars slammed to the ground with ridiculous offsets and massive camber, it's the style they are trying to achieve. I have to say having IHE on a jazz does enhance the driving experience, thinking back, eg/eks were originally marketed as family cars and produce probably abit less power than the jazz yet that doesn't stop people from modifying it :).

kennethgqr
21-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks ss. Been looking around and I got the K&N panel filter already and got springs instead of coil overs. Now just looking at mufflers. Should be buying the spoon n1 but it's a little steep but I think I will be getting that.

Will probably do more after I save up a little bit more actually but do you reckon doing the CAI on the jazz would make much of a difference?

sdx91
21-08-2011, 01:41 PM
look at mufflers on ebay too cos theres some cheap ones going around but good brands or check out the HKS mufflers? there will be a noticeable difference with a CAI in sound and little performance than getting an SRI however if u get a nice bock of headers 4-1 that will make the most difference i think.

GU357
21-08-2011, 05:00 PM
the CAI is worth it, even having a SRI on mine makes an awesome noise, its like this high pitch suction sound every time i put my foot on the gas, and when u turn the car off u hear the intake power down like PSHHHwww.

threesix
23-08-2011, 12:08 PM
a k&n drop in filter would not do much hey?

GU357
23-08-2011, 01:13 PM
minimal difference.

the airbox is still restrictive even with a new K&N panel filter wont make much diff, really need a well designed CAI the Weapon R looks like the least restrictive one so far, but it lacks a air resovoir so wont be as good as a simota in that respect.
Hard to say, im thinking about making my own. using some tube peices n silicon pipe maybe get a hollow resonator or something to use as a resovoir. ahaha.

sdx91
24-08-2011, 02:03 PM
guys is a toda cai with apexi pod for 150 worth it? my mate was telling me be careful cos his mate had a jazz with a cai and in rain his car went through puddles and fkd up the engine and vtec no longer kicks in lol gg.

fillit
24-08-2011, 08:43 PM
guys is a toda cai with apexi pod for 150 worth it? my mate was telling me be careful cos his mate had a jazz with a cai and in rain his car went through puddles and fkd up the engine and vtec no longer kicks in lol gg.

my car ran a toda cai for over 2 years, never had such an issue, there is a splash guard in place for that very reason, you can only really hydrolock it if you drive it into a pond.

GU357
25-08-2011, 01:44 PM
^
LOL i fillit is right its not that low to the ground.

ur friend must of been lying about the size of the "puddle" to shift the blame off of himself.

but if it is raining its always good to try steer clear of the kurb side of the road caus thats where the CAI sit and thats where alot of water build up is.
but yeh... unlikely.

ss-rotel
27-08-2011, 08:12 AM
quote - guys is a toda cai with apexi pod for 150 worth it?

If it's 150 for the pod AND the CAI then yes. those apexi pods are worth heaps. new.

quote - a k&n drop in filter would not do much hey?

it will do something. talking cost/performance here. difference between adding the panel filter, over a SRI say is about 1-2kw. so you'd gain 2-3kw with just a panel filter, and 4-5kw over the pod and SRI, (it's probably less than that really), but setting up an good SRI and pod, can potentially cost you 100s of dollars, were the panel should cost you less that one.

in all honestly, the mods i outlined before, wont give you MUCH more power, but it will make the engine rev more freely over the last few hunder RPM, making it feel faster, and the rest will make it handle SOOO much better, making it faster round a corner.

depends what you planning to do with it. all the other cars i've modded, i worked on handling first, (tyres, rear sway, front strut brace,), the brakes, (uprate the fluid, change pads to something decent, but the JAZZ stock are pretty good, most after market aren't any better), then basic engine mods, (intake exhaust).

i like hill climbing, so car needs to go fast round a corner.

This time round, i was given opertunity to mod the engine first, so i jumped @ it. i've spent the last 2 months since i've had it back catching up. spent pushing $3K on mods since... coilovers, bracing, engine mounts, saving for brake roters and tyres... wife hates my car now

BTW, the under fender bracing makes a difference. front end is heaps more stable. before i fitted them, i'd accellrate hard into a corner, and it'd take a few tenths of a second before chassis settled down, during which it pushed, (understeer) a little. not there any longer. still have the front strut brace to fit, going to do that today/tonite. had to remove it to fit engine mounts

GU357
27-08-2011, 12:09 PM
wow nice rotel, goodluck with the mods :D

ss-rotel
28-08-2011, 08:55 PM
when i get around to it, i'll post som pics here.... works been ridonculous lately

kennethgqr
29-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Btw guys any recommendations for places to fit my springs? Don't really dare to do it on my own. Wnt to get them done properly do I have a piece of mind. Anyways. Most suspension shops should be able to do it I assume?

ss-rotel
30-08-2011, 12:14 PM
any suspension shop locally really. i had mine king springs fitted @ Fulcrum originally. my coilovers i had fitted @ Jax quickfit...

i mean... it's not rocket science. the only reason i didn't do it myself, was i didn't have time.

threesix
30-08-2011, 12:15 PM
jax quick fit are the devil!!!!! lol

kennethgqr
01-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah got mine fitted at a local store.. Once I get my muffler in I shall post some pics up :)

ss-rotel
06-09-2011, 03:36 PM
.... where i work there's Bob Jane, (that wont touch coil overs cos they are douches), City Suspension, (... we dont get on...), and Jax, pedders and that's about it.

Local to were i live, there's a bunch, but it's a 5min walk to Jax, so it's dont matter. for the few extra $$$ it cast me over taking to the boys @ beenliegh Bob Jane, (who are awesome), i'm not worried.

Still need to post pix of the front end of my car... i'll start a thread later with my build for comment... eventually

sdx91
07-09-2011, 01:52 AM
do you guys think this front lip will look good without any sideskirts?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/baysonr/baysonr/Honda/FIT/FLIP-PU-FIT07-TR.jpg

GU357
07-09-2011, 02:06 PM
thats for a USDM jazz though, so would it fit your one? because the 07 AUDM one has those bumps out to the left n right
http://117.53.175.169/CarPhotos/factory/photos/FLW07A.jpg

but it wouldnt look that wierd i dont reckon.
see lots of EM1's are like that and it looks aight.

kennethgqr
09-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah. I think if you get those that fits probably to the aus model then it should look ok.. But I am pretty sure that the ones from the us are slightly different that the aus ones.

ss-rotel
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
from experience, anything released sub 2008 in america is the same as the GD3 in Aust.

The only REAL diference i can see is the ergo stuff, (you know what i mean? the charcol canister thingy)

GU357
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
yes but the 07-08 fit sport has a unique front bar, very different to the vti of AU

ss-rotel
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
i though the sport was the equiv of the VTiS, and the ... non-sport was the VTi. there is no listing for a 1.3DSI or GLi in the US

GU357
12-09-2011, 12:38 AM
yeh its the same, but the front bars are different.

sdx91
12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
ben the mod just helped me out today with the springs :D

before
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/271012_10150213844727186_656807185_7765731_2394437 _n.jpg

after
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/300123_10150283325097186_656807185_8390771_1330333 304_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/311748_10150283325272186_656807185_8390775_1048299 02_n.jpg

also re-calibrated the cvt and its much smoother now oh and my car rubs on bumps even when no1 at the back lol i need to roll guards i guess.. anyone know where in syd?

GU357
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
do it ya self.

must say that looks sweet.
cant believe it scrapes on bumps... the springs must be comfy too then

sdx91
12-09-2011, 11:51 PM
haha thanks yeh it seems real comfy im happy :D
i think the front have to set more? it seems kinda high still :/

how should i roll the guards?? would hair dryer work and i just bend the inside flat plastic edge back with my hands? lol

fillit
13-09-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXF4ZcpVufU

mighty mods to the rescue.. just becareful with the rear as there's a tab for the screw on the rear bumper that you may need to shave off.

GU357
13-09-2011, 01:56 PM
ahh yeh i was thinking of that vid but couldnt find it.

ouch
14-09-2011, 11:53 PM
anyone know where i can get carbon fibre wrap? or like a carbon fibre bonnet? or like.. just vinyl wrap for my hoooooooood?

ss-rotel
15-09-2011, 12:12 AM
go the micra :) Learn something new every day... wouldn't have thought of the hot air gun to soften the paint :)

cheak it out -
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i355/ss-rotel/IMG_0460.jpg

i'll post pix of my car's height this weekend, after i give it a bath... :) but you get the idea, considering that plastic shroud sits inside the gaurd, and the dont droop much, (if at all) when the guard's removed...

ss-rotel
15-09-2011, 12:19 AM
haha thanks yeh it seems real comfy im happy :D
i think the front have to set more? it seems kinda high still :/

I have my fronts set lower than the back. basically, they sit with about the same gap between the tyre and arches. just becareful with setting the weight distribution. you want, (depending on your weight) a mill or 2 extra hieght on the drivers side to compensate. i'm fat, so my driver's side about 3 mm higher on the front corner.

Also... i does mean i can't get my jack under the front of the car, (i have to jack up the back, first...) so there is a point were it's too low. you know, with the above bracing, if i jack up the rear corner, 3 out of 4 wheels leave the ground :) is the scariest thing to look @

that said, i only have real trouble when we all pile into the car for a lunch run, (3 guys from work = about 320kg)

how should i roll the guards?? would hair dryer work and i just bend the inside flat plastic edge back with my hands? lol

Mines rubbed for a few weeks now, i just haven't had time to fix it, but the rubber's left a mark only on the metal guard just in front of the bumper, (Was worried about it), your car being blue will have a black tre mark by now i'm sure, showing you exactly were you need to lip. there's no point lipping the whole guard like they show in that vid. good luck

ouch
15-09-2011, 12:31 AM
ben the mod just helped me out today with the springs :D

also re-calibrated the cvt and its much smoother now oh and my car rubs on bumps even when no1 at the back lol i need to roll guards i guess.. anyone know where in syd?

ben seems like a legend! how did you recalibrate your cvt?

sdx91
15-09-2011, 12:50 AM
thanks rotel will look into it.. i saw my tyres and i can see lightly the rub marks from the guards on the edge of the wheels so yeh iv been trying to sorta roll the guards myself using watever i can find with a hair dryer but its not going too well LOL :/

oh and btw did u take out the lower front grill of ur bumper?? cos im trying to do it but not sure how to take it out.. any tips?

ouch, all he did was disconnect the negative terminal of the battery when he was working on my car and fixed it back on after wen he was done and told me to go for a few spins around the block to see if it would fix it and the transmission is smoother now.. no more stuck in gears :D i was happy too cos i got the cvt-f fluid replaced just a week ago and it was still shaky but the recalibration did the final trick :)

fillit
15-09-2011, 12:57 AM
carbon fibre wrap - you can get it at autobarn/sca even ebay, if you want quality stuff then msg kevin @ carx and get a quote.

i had mine put on by him and it was perfect for 1.5years before i sold my car and took it off, very high quality material.

carx also imports cf bonnets but if you like the oem look just get a wrap, much much cheaper.

GU357
15-09-2011, 03:04 AM
superlover has a vented CF bonnet.

they are illegal however.

ouch
15-09-2011, 09:19 AM
carbon fibre wrap - you can get it at autobarn/sca even ebay, if you want quality stuff then msg kevin @ carx and get a quote.

i had mine put on by him and it was perfect for 1.5years before i sold my car and took it off, very high quality material.

carx also imports cf bonnets but if you like the oem look just get a wrap, much much cheaper.

just lust looking for a wrap really! where can i contact this kevin @ carx bloke?....EDIT: found out hes in victoria, anyone in sydney know a guy?

oh and btw did u take out the lower front grill of ur bumper?? cos im trying to do it but not sure how to take it out.. any tips?

ouch, all he did was disconnect the negative terminal of the battery when he was working on my car and fixed it back on after wen he was done and told me to go for a few spins around the block to see if it would fix it and the transmission is smoother now.. no more stuck in gears :D i was happy too cos i got the cvt-f fluid replaced just a week ago and it was still shaky but the recalibration did the final trick :)

well might need to figure out how to 'recalibrate' it myself. how much was the cvt fluid if i may ask?

and to get off the lower grille it should be just clips and two screws from memory!

sdx91
15-09-2011, 03:17 PM
the cvt-f was like around $100 for one bottle 4L i think? and dw just take off the negative battery terminal for 10-15 mins and connect it again then drive around.

where abouts are the screws? cant see :/

GU357
15-09-2011, 03:35 PM
its just a bunch of canoe clips, and on the bottom there are screws to hole the rubber bit on from memory.

Oh in the process of putting on the spoon wing.
and probably take it to get it lowered on the new coilovers soon.
but heres it as it is.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110915_001.jpg

fillit
15-09-2011, 03:39 PM
http://firesport.com.au/carbon-fibre-vinyl-sticker-stickers-vinyl--ad195796.htm

not sydney, but cheap enough

threesix
15-09-2011, 03:44 PM
what is this CVT recalibration you speak of???

sdx91
15-09-2011, 06:38 PM
nvm just took it out... man taking the front bumper out is a mission lol the canoe clips are so fiddly zzzzzzzz

threesix do a search on the jazz forum for cvt resetting/recalibration u will find ur answer :)

ss-rotel
19-09-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks rotel will look into it.. i saw my tyres and i can see lightly the rub marks from the guards on the edge of the wheels so yeh iv been trying to sorta roll the guards myself using watever i can find with a hair dryer but its not going too well LOL :/

I pulled the rims off, and used a "soft head" hammer i bought from autobarn, and after 30 mins of banging, rolled guards :)

umm... my bumper's been a little modified, and the splitter you're talking about, is zip tied to my bumper, and it's not REALLY connect to the car... so i can't really comment, but it looks like its attached more to the bumper than the car if you know what i mean...

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i355/ss-rotel/_MG_6134-1.jpg

Sorry it's such a bad pic... was getting dark, and it was my "crappy" lens... :)

GU357
19-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Wow nice clean car!!

ouch
20-09-2011, 01:04 AM
http://firesport.com.au/carbon-fibre-vinyl-sticker-stickers-vinyl--ad195796.htm

not sydney, but cheap enough

you bought of this bloke fillit?

and anyone know where i can get an aftermarket grille? preferably a j's racing/ mugen

or maybe front strut bar?

GU357
20-09-2011, 01:16 AM
that ken ken dude on ausjazz, same dude who does the spoon spoiler does replica ones.

front strut is like 235 from JDM yard seems pricey tho. i would ebay search more.

ouch
20-09-2011, 01:26 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-FIT-JAZZ-2004-ULTRA-RACING-2-PTS-FRONT-STRUT-BAR-/170607448626?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b8ff1232#ht_14766wt_907

WHATTA YA RECKON?

ausjazz is a letdown, but link me anyways?

GU357
20-09-2011, 01:53 AM
yeh its not as great as it should be!

the UR bar looks good but now all of that force is going into those strut tops and that only like 1/4 inch think piece of metal. :S
i would imagine that it wont hand as much as it should and COULD bend the tops or worse snap them. my one is designed to be drilled into the edges of the engine bay. its not the best design because of its screw ends plates creates a weak spot but when done up tight its pretty good.
i would look into ones more like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CUSCO-FRONT-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-HONDA-JAZZ-FIT-GD1-GD3-/110734118904?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c8448ff8

or even the weapon R onehaving said that the spoon one is a good design from what ive seen is a solid peice that bols to the bay!

ss-rotel
20-09-2011, 10:11 AM
front strut is like 235 from JDM yard seems pricey tho. i would ebay search more.

My ultra racing one cost me like $150 landed from HK. was like a little over 300 total in under fender braces as well.

edit - Ouch, yes, and that's the guy that i bought it off. gear landed inside of 2 weeks. can vouch for the quality, and it fits perfectly.

It even shipped with washers so you can mount a engine damper if you want, (i have one, but i didn't bother, after i fited my engine mounts)

ss-rotel
20-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Wow nice clean car!!

Thanx. considering what we've done to it... that is the side with the fresh paint, the other side has some scratchs, amount other things :) if you look hard enough you can see the intercooler pipes..

fillit
20-09-2011, 11:48 AM
you bought of this bloke fillit?

and anyone know where i can get an aftermarket grille? preferably a j's racing/ mugen

or maybe front strut bar?

nah i haven't he's just a local dealer, i bought it off kevin from carx, he's abit pricier but good quality. aftermarket grill you can get a Js racing one at JDM concept but it's expensive. Mugen you can get off ebay but it's hard because it's mostly pre facelift and replicas unsure which model you have, might just be that :P.

As for the front strut bar, ultra racing would be fine, x force looks about the same as that, if you get a cusco one it tucks into the engine bay slightly neater. You should get a rear strut bar too, makes a world of difference to the handling.

fillit
20-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanx. considering what we've done to it... that is the side with the fresh paint, the other side has some scratchs, amount other things :) if you look hard enough you can see the intercooler pipes..

Miss reading your build thread mate since ausjazz has gone down, any chance of making one here?

GU357
20-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah fillit the rear strut keeps rattling!
i took the bar out and the End caps sitting above the shocks rattle against the steel around it.

its so annoying. ill see how it is after i put the new coils in.

ouch
20-09-2011, 12:51 PM
in terms of strength, which ones are more sturdier? i mean when i turn i feel as if the car is gonna roll over sometimes. with the front and rear installed, would it be night and day?

oh and does anyone have a spare bonnet lying around?

GU357
20-09-2011, 01:08 PM
ask superlover he has a CF seibon style Bonnet.

the front will make the most difference i would imagine to heavy turning.
but for roll you want better springs.

and if the springs dont help then u want anti sway bars.

but springs should do it.

struts protect you from flexing components.

the rear one is good because in the back its like a big box with no triangulated support. so running a beam through will help stiffen it.

same story with the front too.

fillit
20-09-2011, 01:49 PM
i took the bar out and the End caps sitting above the shocks rattle against the steel around it.

take a pic for me please, i'll see if you installed it properly, it shouldnt rattle if its all tightened up properly.

in terms of strength, which ones are more sturdier? i mean when i turn i feel as if the car is gonna roll over sometimes. with the front and rear installed, would it be night and day?

oh and does anyone have a spare bonnet lying around?

absolutely, although an X bar would be much better i can't justify the scaffolding in the rear of my car.

spare bonnet - check your wreckers, what are you planning to do with it?

ouch
20-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey we're pretty active in the jazz forum, although we don't have large numbers. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm planning to paint it black. Or get a white one to fix up my current +*[*}*#+ up one. no wreckers at pick and pay less. Anywhere else that's reputable for parts? In Sydney of course :)

GU357
20-09-2011, 08:11 PM
yeh and they say we dont have enough activity to have a moderator meh.

ss-rotel
21-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Miss reading your build thread mate since ausjazz has gone down, any chance of making one here?

yeah... once i have some decent pix, and inclination.... the later being the clincher... by the time i get home from work, and finish the work i have to do when i GET home, i usually can't be arsed

:P

GU357
23-09-2011, 01:51 PM

take a pic for me please, i'll see if you installed it properly, it shouldnt rattle if its all tightened up properly.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110921_004.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110921_003.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110921_002.jpg

GU357
23-09-2011, 08:15 PM
went down to KYP import/export and grabbed some cool things today.

Black background headlights,
LED tails lights from an 06/07 model Jazz
and the best part... Recaro SR3 bucket seat, he even put it onto my Bride MO rails for me. just need to install it!

ouch
23-09-2011, 08:53 PM
went down to KYP import/export and grabbed some cool things today.

Black background headlights,
LED tails lights from an 06/07 model Jazz
and the best part... Recaro SR3 bucket seat, he even put it onto my Bride MO rails for me. just need to install it!

OUUUUFTTT another stittch coming along?
were the parts expensive?
pm me price if you wish?

and i spotted a black jazz today on King Georges at Wiley Park, anyone here?

sdx91
23-09-2011, 08:54 PM
haha nice buy cant wait to see. do they ship items??

GU357
23-09-2011, 09:49 PM
totalled at $605
*280 for theSR3 (red n black) - he attached my rails free of charge
*160 for Blacked headlights (should match the cholor scheme i want)
*and 165 for the LED tail lights.

he discounted me $10 overall.

ill upload some pics of my success later tonight.
will try install the seat tomorrow

Paul.Z
23-09-2011, 10:16 PM
NICE!...so do they do shipping? :P
oh and do they have any other Jazz stuff?

ouch
23-09-2011, 10:19 PM
$280 for the sr3? BARGAAAAAAAAAIN!

GU357
23-09-2011, 10:29 PM
they have 2 more sets of headlights but they are all beginning to fade which is ok but one set has a good scrape on the driver side.
no more LED tale lights, and the bucket seat i got from them was a regular SR3 but i bought the MO rail from ebay member Access_autos or soemthing but that was the last one they had i think.

if u want a Bride MO rail u can get one from JDM concept 370ea which is insane because i got mine for 300 incl-shipping.

i also re installed my front strut bar this morning :P
feels solid, just need to get the new coils in!

GU357
23-09-2011, 10:31 PM
yeh it was cheap but it was kinda dirty too, and worn fabric, but the bolsters are still very firm.

they dont really do much jazz stuff there, they only have it when they have wrecked cars, they more specialise in installing performance gear, when i went there they were working on about 4 different cars they look like they are insane race cars

fillit
23-09-2011, 10:37 PM
if it's dirty/worn, just chuck a cover over it :P

still feels the same hug

GU357
23-09-2011, 10:42 PM
yeh, gotta find a decent cover tho!

and why does my rear strut rattle? just the end caps on without the bar i can hear it hitting something :/ annoying

GU357
24-09-2011, 02:14 AM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110923_006.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110923_007.jpg
the pics dont do the seat justice i dont think

ouch
24-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Give the seat a good steam clean and I thi k it will turn out quite well! Doesn't look as bad as you were saying.

I shall ask again but is anyone running aftermarket suspension?

GU357
24-09-2011, 06:52 PM
OMG i fitted it today, feels like the car wants you to be part of it, your ass sits low and ur legs lift abit to make up for it feeling too high.
i had my girlfriend in the passenger side (regular jazz seat) and she was sliding around and screaming over corners that i didn't even move in.

GU357
25-09-2011, 01:01 AM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110924_001.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110924_002.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110924_003.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20110924_004.jpg

kongfu
25-09-2011, 01:57 AM
thats not SR3 recaro mate...

GU357
25-09-2011, 12:02 PM
it aint? then what is it?

kongfu
25-09-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?101408-***-recaro..bride..more..more..more***

scroll down check out black/red SR3 recaros

ouch
25-09-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWATcZHXYfk&feature=feedu

GU357
25-09-2011, 09:17 PM
^ random

-KongFu
mine is special :P might be an SRD too, but it looks same to me. same quick release n all

sdx91
25-09-2011, 09:41 PM
lookin good now u just need the passenger side ;)

GU357
25-09-2011, 10:06 PM
nah i dont need a navigator :P
should be getting miracle cross bars soon.

ouch
28-09-2011, 02:36 AM
calling all jazz nerds!
need some help with fitment...

will these fit my GD3 vti-s?

Rim Size: 16 inch by 7.5j / 9j (staggered fitment)
Offset: 7.5j +35 and 9j +41
Stud Pattern: 5/114.3
Tyre Size: 225/55/R16 and 245/50/R16

i know with 9" it may poke out, but nothing a little camber cant fix (just wonder how much)... and can someone explain the offsets and such? like i know that a smaller (in width) tyre can poke out more than a larger (in width) tyre. love for an explanation? ill chuck in some rep!

GU357
28-09-2011, 03:53 AM
5/114.3 Stud pattern is not right for the jazz

jazz PCD is 4 studd 100 spacing.
ie 4x100

9 inch will sit Very flush, might get away with just stretched tyres.
i have 7 inch with 42 offset, and in theory yours are just an extra inch either side so it will flush when lowered.

http://kgm.tiwing.com/calcs/img/offsetdiagram1.jpg
so looking at the picture the lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out the side of the car.
higher offset makes the wheels tuck under more.

now rep pls AHAH
jk u need more then 100 rep points to boost someone.

ouch
28-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Dont want to be a nuisance but your pic doesn't work :) ok can I get 16" drilled? How much does it cost?

GU357
28-09-2011, 12:31 PM
16" drilled what?

like get the holes drilled into the wheel so they fit?

ouch
28-09-2011, 12:34 PM
get them redrilled to 100! instead of 114.3..oh wait ****, they're 5 stud

Paul.Z
28-09-2011, 05:23 PM
LOL...mate..i'd never get a set of wheels drilled that are going to go on my car...it weakens the structure of the wheels. if i did..i'd be driving in fear constantly.

fillit
28-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Uh yeah, never get your wheels drilled just wait until you find a good set

ouch
28-09-2011, 07:46 PM
ok well thanks for the info guys, ill be looking for some bbs rs 4x100s. keep a look out guys!

GU357
28-09-2011, 08:11 PM
see them around all the time ahaha.

ouch
28-09-2011, 08:13 PM
not in sydney!

GU357
28-09-2011, 08:55 PM
your limiting your self buy only getting sydney ones.

i bought my rims off fillit hes in melb im in perth, 200$ shipping with ego

kongfu
28-09-2011, 10:09 PM
calling all jazz nerds!
need some help with fitment...

will these fit my GD3 vti-s?

Rim Size: 16 inch by 7.5j / 9j (staggered fitment)
Offset: 7.5j +35 and 9j +41
Stud Pattern: 5/114.3
Tyre Size: 225/55/R16 and 245/50/R16

i know with 9" it may poke out, but nothing a little camber cant fix (just wonder how much)... and can someone explain the offsets and such? like i know that a smaller (in width) tyre can poke out more than a larger (in width) tyre. love for an explanation? ill chuck in some rep!

wont fit...PCD is difference : P

Paul.Z
28-09-2011, 10:20 PM
wont fit...PCD is difference : P

lol...we have established that :P

GU357
28-09-2011, 11:27 PM
dam this kongfu guy comes out of no where...

kongfu
29-09-2011, 12:01 AM

you are the one no where, keep asking ppl rep you..very childish...

GU357
29-09-2011, 12:08 AM
i didnt call you a no one. i asked no one to rep me.

i got repped for my contribution unlike you who comes in after everyone else and repeats what they have already said

ouch
29-09-2011, 01:46 AM

kungfu*

EKVTIR-T
29-09-2011, 02:55 AM
kungfu*

gōngfu*

fillit
29-09-2011, 07:28 AM
your limiting your self buy only getting sydney ones.

i bought my rims off fillit hes in melb im in perth, 200$ shipping with ego

it was abit less than that :P, well actually they hit me with an additional payment cos the weight was wrong, didn't help that it was bulky ><! i think overall... roughly around $130ish shipped?

ouch
29-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Well this is awkward. I have had a seachange guys. I'm now planning to buy a Mira/ Sherpa/ fiori.

GU357
29-09-2011, 11:37 PM
a seachange? what are you talking about?

GU357
30-09-2011, 05:15 AM
http://www.s2carbonworks.com/0708fit.html

some cool stuff for the jazz available here.^

thinking about ordering some of their universal canards

Paul.Z
30-09-2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.s2carbonworks.com/0708fit.html

some cool stuff for the jazz available here.^

thinking about ordering some of their universal canards

is this from america?

sdx91
30-09-2011, 07:12 PM
guys im looking to add a little rear camber for my wheels to stop the rubbing and for a more aggressive stance.. what parts do i need?

http://www.racinglab.com/spc-camber-kit-honda-049.html

is that all i need? or anything more like that arm under the car etc?

GU357
30-09-2011, 09:27 PM
u will scrub your tyres out though. then you wont be able to swap the backs with the front later on.
but yes that is all you will need.

got my coils installed at pedders today.

never buy 2nd hand coilovers. seems something is missing from the set i bought.
the front left makes a knocking when it land on the ground after a bump, but only after a bump other then that the ride is superb!

GU357
30-09-2011, 09:28 PM
is this from america?

Yehp i ordered some universal canards and i got a arc style under lip front canard too.

Paul.Z
30-09-2011, 10:17 PM
nice..let me know how it goes GU357 :P

GU357
30-09-2011, 11:21 PM
will do.

will post up pics of lowered car tomorrow and show u guys

ouch
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
WHERE ARE THEY!?

i got told by yonas that the buddyclubs n+ version 1 were taken off the market cos they were SH!T. still looking for a drop though.

GU357
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
man just get any coils u cant drop the front any more then like 6cm and keep it flush anyway.

and the back u might get 7.

but then they will all scrape!

im trying to upload them but i cant find my phone cable :/

ouch
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
man, im stuck between getting coilovers for the jazz or getting a daihatsu mira. where are those canards pics!?

GU357
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
i havent got them yet! geeze patience bro ahah.

should be seeing them around 2 weeks time, as its from the US.

ouch
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
man im keen! what website you get from? and anyone on jdmst?

GU357
03-10-2011, 05:27 AM
uhmm ebay.com.au

just universal canards. they have the same ones on the s2carbon works too. i ordered my arc style bolt on lip canards from ebay, but the seller was S2carbonWorks

ouch
18-10-2011, 10:03 PM
woops sorry man, didnt know it was my turn to reply. tonight was the first time - after 2 years - that ive actually got to see my car rolling. and fuaark do i miss it. i bought an ed6 the other day and im just spewing that i didnt use the money on lowering it. i reckon with a good set of coilovers the jazz will handle much better... still jealous of your spoon wing.

GU357
18-10-2011, 10:18 PM
:P
just get it dumped and the jazz is quite impressive, i decided to fill with 98RON today, surprisingly it seemed to make a difference - the exhaust is louder and more responsive.

i went past my friend who owns a DC2 and he says it looked and handled impressively ( he was waiting to turn right at the lights, and i went past him turning left at a giveway)

however im quite dissapointed u forgot about me ROFL

ouch
18-10-2011, 10:29 PM
im sorry man, been busy lately. i have turned to the civicboys recently, getting an ed6. its got a lot of power, but i dunno, seeing my mate drive my jazz tonight... it was almost sad. when i get my money back i wanna drop it and get it sitting right again - oh and also a new bonnet.

GU357
19-10-2011, 12:10 AM
well yeh from what ive heard your bonnet aint too crash hot.

i wanna buy superlovers CF bonnet, but for 400$ i could buy some very cool other things, that arent illegal.

ive been lazy lately, im meant to go get some stainles steal piping to make my own CAI, but cbf so bad.

Paul.Z
19-10-2011, 09:20 PM
hey GU357..a cheap CAI..iv'e found out is the K&N apollo kit..its a universal CAI to fit all cars...might buy one soon

GU357
19-10-2011, 09:50 PM
yes but flexxy hose is iffy, the surface could make it hard to attach the MAF sensore thing.
and if its the rippled type that would make the inside surface very air resistant as turbulence would catch on the inside of the pipe, also the system i wish to make will have an air resovoir part way up, to provide instant air intake.

Paul.Z
19-10-2011, 10:03 PM
MAP sensor* :P they have a review on it on you tube..and they say it isnt rippled in the inside and have designed it so that the air should easily go through...but yeah fair enough..if you got a better way go for it :P i used to work at midas and the guys there said they'll do my piping for a CAI for free but im soo ceebs nowadays. but yeah just thought to let you know :D

GU357
19-10-2011, 10:13 PM
well in that case it would be pretty decent, i would definately use that type of tube to get finish of my custom system, most likley use it for the hard to reach places. thanks for the heads up.

on another note i have installed HID projectors into my spare blacked out headlights, ill up some pics soon, works pretty well but im unsure what to connect the angel eye lights to...
if its straight to the batt its on all the time, could i connect it to my park lights? are they 12V.
is there any other thing that i can connect it to so its only on when the car is on, and they are always on regardless of whether i have my headlight/park lights are on.

also does anyone know the standard that the lights must be set to? ie how far away from the wall and how high it can shine?

l.ho
19-10-2011, 10:39 PM
on another note i have installed HID projectors into my spare blacked out headlights, ill up some pics soon, works pretty well but im unsure what to connect the angel eye lights to...
if its straight to the batt its on all the time, could i connect it to my park lights? are they 12V.
is there any other thing that i can connect it to so its only on when the car is on, and they are always on regardless of whether i have my headlight/park lights are on.

you can hook them up to the accessory circuit via the radio fuse, so the angel eyes will be on when the key is in the 'ACC' position. there is also an empty fuse slot (no. 23) that only turns on when the key is in the 'ON' position. that might be what you want.

GU357
19-10-2011, 10:45 PM
you can hook them up to the accessory circuit via the radio fuse, so the angel eyes will be on when the key is in the 'ACC' position. there is also an empty fuse slot (no. 23) that only turns on when the key is in the 'ON' position. that might be what you want.

Great, thanks man.

will give it a go tonight. or tomorrow.

sdx91
19-10-2011, 11:32 PM

does that mean i can hook up my interior neon lights to that and they will stay on while im driving? x)

GU357
19-10-2011, 11:58 PM
yes it does:cool:

fillit
20-10-2011, 07:19 AM
You can hook your neons up to the fuse box so it only comes on when the dome light is

sdx91
20-10-2011, 11:19 AM
haha yeh thats the setup i have atm ^ ... how do i have the neons on with the headlights?

l.ho
20-10-2011, 11:29 AM
haha yeh thats the setup i have atm ^ ... how do i have the neons on with the headlights?

you can use a relay switch triggered by the headlights. you'll need to connect the dome light ground to the relay switch, as the positive is constant. have the relay set up so that the 'off' position connects the negative of the dome light to the neons, and the 'on' position connects the negative of the neons to the chassis.

let me know if you need a better explanation XD

fillit
20-10-2011, 05:26 PM
or you have just hook it up to your parkers and through the firewall :P

l.ho
20-10-2011, 06:37 PM
if you want the neons to light up with the dome light, and also with the parkers on whilst driving (assuming the doors will be closed when you drive...), you'll need some sort of double throw switch to change the negative of the neons. you can use a simple toggle switch and manually turn on the neons, or use a relay switch that automatically switches when the parkers/headlights are turned on.

or you have just hook it up to your parkers and through the firewall :P

this would mean that the neons will only be turned on with the parkers, and they wont turn on when a door is opened.

GU357
20-10-2011, 07:16 PM
i prefer driving with my doors wide open, now that you mention it lol.

i didnt know that the parkers where turned off when the doors were open. what if they are connected to the headlights somehow, ive had my headlights on with the door open.

does anyone know a way of adjusting headlights without having to take them off the car, i wanna adjust the angles

l.ho
20-10-2011, 07:28 PM
oh no the parkers stay on when the door's are open. the annoying (yet effective) buzzer turns on.

you could wire the neons so that they are on whenever the headlights/parkers are on. they just wont function like the dome light (i.e. turn on when you unlock the car, turn off when you lock it, turn on automatically when a door is open, turn on when the key is removed, etc.)

personally, i prefer my led footwell lights to work like the dome light. i have a toggle switch to manually turn them on when im driving, but i've never used it because i find driving at night with footwell lights on quite annoying. but that's just me ;)

l.ho
20-10-2011, 07:34 PM
i've only been able to adjust my headlights properly after removing them. there are two screws/bolts that allow you to adjust the headlights, and one of them can only be accessed after removing the headlight. the other screw/bolt can be turned using a phillips head screwdriver. you'll need the turn the screwdriver against the 'geared' screw. i gave up doing it that way and just removed my headlights.

it's not too hard to remove the headlights. you just need to remove the bumper (8 clips, 4 screws), then remove the headlights. there are three 10mm bolts and one screw on each headlight. you'll also need to unplug the various light bulbs.

GU357
20-10-2011, 07:42 PM
i agree that lights on the inside of the car are quite annoying when driving.
if i wanted to wire in car lights it would have to be connected to the interior "dome light" i agree

and i was afraid you would say they must be adjusted by removing them, but removing them is really a day time job and checking them is really a night time job LOL.

gratz on the rep only took you a week or so.

l.ho
20-10-2011, 07:57 PM
glad i'm not the only one XD

adjusting headlights using the top screw does help, but you can only adjust them so far. i had to use the bottom screw too to really dip mine. hopefully you won't need to.

GU357
20-10-2011, 08:05 PM
yeh well mine need dipping so looks like i have to take them out, which is a pain because i have to somehow jack up the front equally or park it on the edge of a drop to look under the bumper to remove the clips.

l.ho
20-10-2011, 08:27 PM
i didnt need to jack up my car to remove the bumper, even though my car is lowered and has a front lip. you just need to be willing to get on the ground XD. you'll need a short screwdriver to remove the two screws under the car, or you can probably get away with 'pulling back' the top half of the bumper to gain access to the headlight bolts.

GU357
20-10-2011, 09:11 PM
hmm i am able to pry it back but i mean theres no way for me to find the bolts even if i lay back on the ground i cannot fit my head under to actually see where the bolts are and i must rely on feel. the front of my car is just 70mm high

l.ho
20-10-2011, 09:18 PM
lol mine's about 90mm. you win :P

if you decide to jack up the car, use jack stands.

i guess searching for the clips by feel is the way to go. two are are the very ends of the bumper (near the wheels) and the other two are spaced about 50cm apart at the middle. if you run your finger along the inner edge of the bumper, you'll eventually hit a 'tab', which is clipped onto the car. the screws are spaced further apart.

maybe jacking up the car will make life easier. good luck!

GU357
20-10-2011, 09:51 PM
yeh ive done it multiple times, its just a pain to have to do to adjust some headlights.

fillit
21-10-2011, 06:35 PM
um.. on the idea of having neons on whilst driving and when dome light is on...

wouldn't it be possible to run two connections, one from fuse box and one from the parker lights into the neons, that way it will pretty much be permanently on (do advise running a fuse incase you blow it up)

alternative..... you can just install another set of neons wired to the parkers :P

GU357
21-10-2011, 11:16 PM
have a white one on for when doors are open, and have ur colour of choice on when the parks are running

l.ho
22-10-2011, 06:30 PM
um.. on the idea of having neons on whilst driving and when dome light is on...

wouldn't it be possible to run two connections, one from fuse box and one from the parker lights into the neons, that way it will pretty much be permanently on (do advise running a fuse incase you blow it up)

alternative..... you can just install another set of neons wired to the parkers :P

if you run two connections to the neons, turning on the parkers will turn on the dome light at the top when the doors are closed. when your doors are opened (and parker switch off), the parkers will light up, using power from the dome light, which may damage the illumination module by overloading it. you will have essentially connected the parkers to the dome light.

running a new set of neons will work, but its a waste of neons imo (unless you wanted different colours). a relay switch is only about $5, and you'll be using the existing setup. a toggle switch is 50c or so...

sdx91
22-10-2011, 07:29 PM
hmmm ok thanks guys will look into it. oh and btw im considering buying a new head unit but i want a single din one.. is it possible to take out the stock head unit and connect it to a single din head unit without the need for a new double din kit thing for like $200?? i dont care about where the head unit will sit ill probs make room for it somewhere?

fillit
22-10-2011, 07:40 PM
hmmm ok thanks guys will look into it. oh and btw im considering buying a new head unit but i want a single din one.. is it possible to take out the stock head unit and connect it to a single din head unit without the need for a new double din kit thing for like $200?? i dont care about where the head unit will sit ill probs make room for it somewhere?

yes.. just wire up a really long harness and have it sitting in the footwell..

with that being said $180 is a worthy investment to avoid all that trouble.

sdx91
22-10-2011, 07:49 PM
yeh i spose... if i buy a single din head unit will it just be just plug and play? or do i need to modify some wires and bla bla cos i dont want to have to go to all that trouble :/ and does the stock head unit detach completely or?

Paul.Z
22-10-2011, 08:04 PM
i got the double din face plate...dvd player and gave xtreme car audio 100 bucks to professionally do it for me. it was worth the money...wayy too much hassle otherwise

sdx91
22-10-2011, 08:09 PM
oh nice. how much was the face plate and where?

fillit
22-10-2011, 09:50 PM
jdmconcept/jdmyard/ebay

Paul.Z
22-10-2011, 09:53 PM
i got it from jdmconcept for 175 bucks...best price i could find..and could trust :P

GU357
22-10-2011, 10:13 PM
ahaha i got one 2nd hand for 100$ cbf taking it to be installed n that though.

ouch
23-10-2011, 12:24 AM
i got it 130 from jdmyard!

Paul.Z
23-10-2011, 09:34 AM
How did you get that price ouch!?

GU357
23-10-2011, 08:32 PM
hey has anyone ever done a b18swap? as opposed to a k20? or is the b18 from a different time erra and there for cannot be put in.

ouch
23-10-2011, 08:44 PM
you just ask zi!

ouch
23-10-2011, 08:45 PM
...or was it yonas?

Paul.Z
23-10-2011, 10:17 PM
i'll keep that in mind for future parts

kennethgqr
24-10-2011, 05:52 PM
hey has anyone ever done a b18swap? as opposed to a k20? or is the b18 from a different time erra and there for cannot be put in.

I am not too sure whether does the jazz have enough space to do a b18 swap. I guess you can ask around. And I don't think I have seen anyoNe do a b18 swap.

ss-rotel
24-10-2011, 07:45 PM
reg the head deck. you'll need a long magnetic screw driver, there are 2x screws up behind the controls for the air con.

reg the engine swap, found trolling sites looking for the best place to engine mounts for my jazz, mounts and adaptors for K And H engines. they looked like they wither directly replaced or bolted to the engine mounts for the jazz.

The one thing i didn't see was anything regarding the gearboxes, (mounts, adaptors), so im' not sure if the gearbox from the L engine will bolt to the K or H engines, or if the corisponding boxes fit the stock jazz mounts.

it's REALLY tight in there. i'm guessing there's some sort of K frame mod's that'll need doing, or something like that...

i'd like to do that as my next build, but i really can't see myself buying another jazz. there is tooo expensive. i'd look @ Getting a EG civic, or something like that. much cheaper, as it'll end up being a track car.

ouch
24-10-2011, 09:49 PM
do you reckon the l series gearbox will be able to handle the k swap?

kennethgqr
25-10-2011, 08:29 AM
do you reckon the l series gearbox will be able to handle the k swap?

Definately not because I have a mate driving the FD2 sport version who was thinking of a K20A swap needs to change his whole transmission, brakes and clutch and a whole lot of crap.

fillit
25-10-2011, 05:45 PM
@GU357

you can't put a bseries motor in a jazz, engine has to be same age or newer than the chassis.

@gearbox

you need to put in a kseries gearbox, i believe you need to cut through abit of trim before you can actually fit it, it does not sit the same as stock.

ouch
25-10-2011, 06:42 PM
k swap for the boys!

GU357
25-10-2011, 07:41 PM
@GU357

you can't put a bseries motor in a jazz, engine has to be same age or newer than the chassis.

thats what i thought.
and rotel i found its easier to undo those screws that are way up there with an extended socket and ratchet. its like a 10mm socket

fillit
25-10-2011, 11:00 PM
@ kenneth

that is odd as the FD2 sport pretty much runs a detuned version of the Kseries.

@ ss rotel

definitely agree, it's one of the reasons why i sold up, ed/ef/egs are cheap as chips for a shell it eases up alot of your budget for improvement parts.

ss-rotel
27-10-2011, 03:49 PM
.... you know... i have a 4AGZE Blacktop out of an AE111 in my Gutted AE92 before i started a new job, bought my wife a CE Mitsu Lancer, (which has been traded in for a VW Tiguan), and aquired my GD3

I've been thinking about this, the engine BASICALLY has one mount, and the other 2 are REALLY gearbox mounts. The KIT that i was looking @ Showed 3x addaptor plates, (please dont ask me were i saw it, it was VERY late one nite, and i had been google trolling for hours untill i found a company that would ship to AUS via USPS), so i'm guessing that it's engine and gearbox addaption, not just the engine.

considering these engines are big compaired to a jazz, i'd hazzard a guess there is some modification and fabrication involved to make it work... i really can't remember how much this kit was worth, but i dont remember thinking that's too much.... soo probably 300-400USD

Reg L series Gearbox, and i dont know, my gearbox is handling the power i'm outputting fairly well, i would have thought, after 4(?)months of hard driving @ almost 3x the original torque, the box or diff would be showing some signs of were. not yet, (though i did have some awesome Redline gearbox oil dumped into the box...)

fillit
27-10-2011, 07:13 PM
4AGZE out of a blacktop Oo, i'm assuming you took it out of an AE101, AE111 only came with 4AFE, 4AGE black/silvertop.

how much is your car pulling atm?

GU357
27-10-2011, 10:59 PM
he said his gd3 turbo will pull 225+hp in another thread

ss-rotel
31-10-2011, 04:55 PM
reg the rolla - yeah, one of them... the boys i bought it off got a front cut from the states. was good fun, cos it looked like a POS. rusty, beat up, looked like an old Camry, (was a sedan), but we'd gutted the inside, and if it weight more than 950kg, i would have been supprised :)

destroyin ppl @ the lights has never been as much fun :)

and yeah, official dyno sheet for the Jazz- 135kw @ wheels, 303nm torque. works out @ about 225bhp