PDA

View Full Version : 02 jazz vti - noise when driving

10KRPM
26-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey guys,

Currently have an 02 jazz with 82k on the clock. Just recently after having it serviced and the cvt oil changed, it started to make a noise very similar to tyre roar. Now it had no name tyres on the back and bob jane all rounders on the front. During the service these were swapped back to front and i just assumed the noise was coming from the shit tyres. Put up with it for awhile but it just kept getting louder and louder. Finally bit the bullet and changed the fronts for 2 new tyres, thinking that would solve the noise problem.....its still there!

Now my question is, what would be causing the noise? worn wheel bearings?

GU357
27-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Rear Bearings might be dying take it back to the honda dealer that serviced it and tell them the car is louder they should test drive them.
it happened to mine and when they test drove it and said they needed to keep it for an extra day to change the rear wheel bearings

P.S.
The change was free, under warranty even though warranty ended like 5yrs ago

ss-rotel
28-07-2011, 04:06 PM
yeah, the rear bearings on the GD1's are a "known fault".
the fronts aren't.

they are 150-160 each + fitting. AND make sure you specify if you have ABS or not. i was under the impression that the jazz ALL Shipped to Aust with ABS. Burson's sold me a set that were ABS, and i had to change my bearings twice. i spent like an extra $400odd more then i should have in labour getting that fixed.

rah

10KRPM
28-07-2011, 04:58 PM
sigh....the joys of owning a car with engineering faults.

GU357
28-07-2011, 05:20 PM
^ lol take it to honda they might do it under some extended warranty thing since its a "known fault" mine was done for free.
if only the CVT was a "known fault"

10KRPM
28-07-2011, 06:48 PM
thanks guys. If honda dont cover with warranty, found a website selling rear hubs for the jazz. I think 130 is the cheapest you can get it at?

http://www.autopartsdirect2u.com.au/detail/hubs-&-bearings/honda-jazz-fit-city-rear-hub-assembly/5596

GU357
28-07-2011, 07:21 PM
thats pretty good i think.

but i never had to buy one lol.