PDA

View Full Version : Dc2 Ultra Racing Front strut bar Part number UR-TW3-020 Installation problems =[

JayTea18
26-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey guys just brought a brand new sway bar for my integra tryed to install it even with help of a qualified mechanic ( brother) and it wont fit . Just wanted to know if any one can help.

Seems like the i can bolt up the sides but the top parts where the square is seems too long .

Has anyone had any problems like i have?

vtecing
28-07-2011, 10:09 AM
maybe they sent you the wrong one?

NSPYRE
28-07-2011, 12:07 PM
if its the tri-point front strut bar ur talking about, its a ****ing b!tch to get on

JayTea18
28-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Nah shes the right one all the numbers match up on the ultra racing website.

JayTea18
28-07-2011, 06:35 PM
NSYRE : what did you have to do to get it on?? did you result to cutting and re welding

midnightdood
29-07-2011, 03:46 AM
I'd also like to know this...

NSYRE : what did you have to do to get it on?? did you result to cutting and re welding

vtecing
29-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Nah shes the right one all the numbers match up on the ultra racing website.

doesnt mean they didnt put the wrong sticker on it, but is the towers line up it should be the right one. Photos please

NSPYRE
29-07-2011, 01:10 PM

try this: once the nuts on the struts are removed, jack your car up by the front so the struts are almost falling out from the chassis. line up the bar at all three points and bolt up to the firewall first, then slowly lower the jack. u might need a rubber mallet or something to bash it into place with to get the bolts to go through properly.

dougie_504
29-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Pics please

JayTea18
29-07-2011, 11:06 PM
" DOUGIE" will take some pics tomorrow and i will certainly take "NSPYRE" advice

midnightdood
30-07-2011, 07:37 PM
How are the pics coming along ?

duzy
31-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Its for a 2 point front strut but should be similar,
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144743-How-do-I-fit-an-Ultra-Racing-Front-Strut-Bar-in-my-DC2/page2

As nspyre said, you gotta take of the bolts on the sussy and jack the car up, should slip straight in, a/c lines you gotta undo the bolt and just pry/push the lines out to make the strut fit,
On the driver side is the wiring loom, use a screw driver and pry it out or you can undo the bolt and ziptag the loom elsewhere (Its a metal bracket holding two wiring plugs/looms). Lastly, undo that metal bracket on the firewall that holds the vacuum to bmc lines and push it down, there should be pre-holes for the strut marked out.

BoostnDC2
01-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Its for a 2 point front strut but should be similar,
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144743-How-do-I-fit-an-Ultra-Racing-Front-Strut-Bar-in-my-DC2/page2

As nspyre said, you gotta take of the bolts on the sussy and jack the car up, should slip straight in, a/c lines you gotta undo the bolt and just pry/push the lines out to make the strut fit,
On the driver side is the wiring loom, use a screw driver and pry it out or you can undo the bolt and ziptag the loom elsewhere (Its a metal bracket holding two wiring plugs/looms). Lastly, undo that metal bracket on the firewall that holds the vacuum to bmc lines and push it down, there should be pre-holes for the strut marked out.

If we are talking about the 3-point front strut bar, mine was a pretty straightforward fit. I didn't have to jack the car up or anything. As OP said, you have to play around with the AC lines and move them to the side to fit the brace. Remove the bracket on the firewall first, but put the bolts in the firewall last.

But are we talking about a SWAY bar or a STRUT brace?
You said its a SWAY bar in the original post?

midnightdood
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Is yours an ultra racing one as well ?

If we are talking about the 3-point front strut bar, mine was a pretty straightforward fit. I didn't have to jack the car up or anything. As OP said, you have to play around with the AC lines and move them to the side to fit the brace. Remove the bracket on the firewall first, but put the bolts in the firewall last.

But are we talking about a SWAY bar or a STRUT brace?
You said its a SWAY bar in the original post?

BoostnDC2
03-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Is yours an ultra racing one as well ?
Yeah man, really happy with it :)

midnightdood
05-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I wonder what happened to the "pics" ?