PDA

View Full Version : EG Tie Rod issues

Temp3st
27-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Ok so I had a quick search but found absolutely nothing (Which sucks but oh well) so I'm posing the question: For the last like week and a half my steering has felt a little loose, especially on the right side. So tonight I decided to have a really quick look and what I saw looked pretty bad. There was oil and/or grease everywhere (or some kind of fluid, couldnt see that much) and the boot was wrecked and the end looked in pretty messed up shape.

So my question is how would I go about fixing said problem? And would it be better to go OEM or aftermarket?

Cheers,

- Vik.

mocchi
27-07-2011, 10:51 PM
if grease is everywhere and it looked like shit hits the fan, most likely it's your cv boot.
tie rod end doesn't have that much grease to cause such catastrophic appearance.

Temp3st
27-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Well i dunno if its grease or not, its liquid thats about as much as I know. Though it definitely looks like its coming from my tie rod and not the cv, ill take a photo in the morning n throw it on here

vtecing
28-07-2011, 10:04 AM
get aftermarket so you can get hecktic full lock on those corner entries mateee

riruiz_88
28-07-2011, 10:43 AM
heres my DIY:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?114521-Replacing-Outer-Tie-Rod-Ends-%28civic%29

Temp3st
28-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Lol Joshy I had a look mang Hardrace tie rod ends are 225 :S and Riruiz I'm getting vtecing's dad to do it for me cause he's doing my eg6 brake conversion as well hopefully while I'm at sydney for superlap if my tax comes through