PDA

View Full Version : New Jazz Pick up and Initial Running.

Liger
28-07-2011, 12:21 PM
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or anything. Also could not find any recent similar threads)

Hi Guys,

Should be picking up my new Jazz Vti in a few weeks, the dealer gave me a vague 2-10 week time frame. Said something about the Japan tsunamis causing a back up.

Anyways! I've never had a new car before, any advice on what I should expect or do?

I've done some searching online and found some advice on what to look for. Scratches, dents, fabric damage, service and other books, check if all the keys work, etc. However I've not been able to find anything Jazz specific. So I'm turning to you guys for advice.

Any experiences with drama or good things when you got your Jazz?

Should I get anything from the dealer?

Next is should I do and expect with the first few thousands of KMs? Ive heard stuff about breaking in the new car by being easy on the revs but then I've read other stuff about not babying the car. So I'm slightly confused. Any advice would be great!

Thanks! :wave:

ss-rotel
28-07-2011, 02:52 PM
ok, i've had both my jazz's from new, and they were both pretty much perfect.

but with everything, you as a customer have the right to say NO, (and so do they, so dont be tooo demanding), give the car a once over, if there's anything that you are not happy with, tell them. If there's a scratch, or some other blemish on the car, then point it out, and ask them what they are going to do about it.

that's about all you need to do there really.

Running in a new engine -
Most current day cars wont REALLY need that much running in. I mean, DONT ring it's kneck, but you dont need to baby it either.
once it's had it's 1000km service, which is free and VERY important, you're free and clear.

GU357
28-07-2011, 05:25 PM
they should tell you the engine requiremnts to run it in.
my brother bought a new getz for fun and they said dont take it passed 80km/h which is vague so he didnt rev it past 4.5k (its more relative to the engine not the speed)

so far we dont know of any problems with the new jazz as its "new" so just look out for general stuff.

Garrigues
30-07-2011, 12:16 AM
hi, im pretty sure you don't rev it too hard, so def no hooning. however, the instructions for breaking in a new car should be in the manual.

also one important thing (especially since no one likes waiting for their new toy) did your contract state when the car was to arrive? because if it didn't then, depending on the contract, you may have to wait up to three months to get you the keys - i think that's the standard time frame if not negtoaited with buyer.

i made that mistake of agreeing with a time frame. dealer kept pushing date back. i ended up wishing the car didn't arrive within the three months so i could cancel. but they ain't stupid. anyway, hopefully you've got everything sorted or your salesman is an ok bloke.

Liger
30-07-2011, 04:19 PM
No, it did not state when the car would arrive. The dealer said he was not able to give me a confirmed delivery date and that he did not want to promise me something he could not deliver. Also he said he would call me weekly to update me on whats going on. Got it at von bira, seemed like a decent place. I really hope i don't have to wait 3 months. At least i get to keep my old car while i wait.

It seems logical not to over rev a new car but why is it actually harmful?

GU357
30-07-2011, 06:26 PM
i think they want you to run it at low revs first to wear it in, if u over rev it and the barrels arent perfect or something, ur gonna bust a piston, or damage somethng at the least.

its just so the engine wears to the required point without too much force.

Liger
31-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Have been thinking about giving the car a good polish when i get it, doubt the dealer would do a top notch job. So was thinking about using Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner then using a NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid both my meguiar on the car when i get it back. The car is red so i'm not sure whats the best product to use. Any ideas? Whats the proper process to make the paint shine? First new car so I really want to get it top shelf.

Liger
01-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Nevermind. Found daves thread about the detailing.

Liger
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Just got of the phone with the dealer and apparently there are no red Jazzs in Aus. They said that they would only get them in Nov which is more than the 10 weeks agreeded upon. Since they are breaking their agreement, what can I do? I still want the Jazz but waiting that long?

Garrigues
01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
dang. that is bad news. really sucks. is that 10 weeks more than the stnadard three months? your contract should have all the details, i think it might say the penatlies, etc.
from recollection, if you opt out before the contract ends, you don't get your deposit back. if you want to leave with all monies refunded, you have to wait till the contract end.

if it were me, i'll be cheesed off about waiting, and won't accept the car because of that. you could buy the same car elsewhere, with a timeframe in place, hopefully, earlier than november. however, that means you've got two concurrent contracts. AND maybe the car from the original deals arrives earlier than stated, which i think means, you can't back out without losing your deposit. it's dangerous and I wouldn't do that.

again, it's all in your contract. hope someone gives you better info

Liger
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Dam news ruined my day! Anyways, spoke to the dealership and told them that delivery in Nov was unacceptable and by verbal contract they promised me 10 weeks as a worst case scenario and I will not accept them delivering my car anytime after 10 weeks. They offered a possible compromise on the colour but if i'm getting anything but red i'm going to kick up a hell of a fuss. What do you reckon i could get or be entitled to? I think honda is quite committed to customer satisfaction and they should make it right.

GU357
02-08-2011, 03:21 AM
You could try show em whos boss but then what? you will have no car. Just go with it dont be too fussed or you'll just let yourself down.

The Red Jazz you want might be 11 weeks screaming isnt gonna make it happen faster imo.

if you keep mellow it wont be so frustrating, im sure honda cant help that the car wont be ready for 10 weeks, they want the money ASAP too.

so yeh calm down it comes when it comes.
and then when it does if its a week late your not all angry at them, and u can enjoy the car. as opposed to chucking a spazz attack and then still having to wait the extra week.

let them kno you want it asap so no stuffing around, but dont go burning bridges

Liger
02-08-2011, 09:11 AM
You do have a fair point there. Just annoyed is all, over a month over the promised delivery time. I won't break the deal or anything, just that I don't know any other business where you can promise a delivery time to a customer and blow it so much. Hopefully they've got a solution for me tomorrow.

Garrigues
02-08-2011, 05:55 PM
they're sales people. spin, lies, etc. you're only as good as your contract, and i think verbal means jack if the written says otherwise. hope they do get a better solution, but then again, they could be fibbing about that. as said before, it's best just to wait and cool off. you'll get over the heat and you now you have learnt something from it.

if you still hate them, get your warranties done elsewhere.

Liger
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
No reply from the sales people yet, said they would call me today with an answer but no call :( Shall call them tomorrow and see whats what, but i have cooled down. More disappointed than anything else.

ss-rotel
05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
pick a different colour?

Liger
09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I did, black. So maybe something in oct.

GU357
10-08-2011, 09:51 PM
try upgrade to vtis?

Liger
11-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Every jazz I see taunts me! "you dont have your jazz yet. you dont have your jazz yet. you dont have your jazz yet."

Nah don't see the rational for the added 2k. Bigger wheels, spoiler, black trim and flappy paddle gear box? No point i reckon but next time they call I'll ask the price difference and if it makes a difference. Might do if they bring the price to 1k.

GU357
12-08-2011, 12:52 AM
it has a better resale value.

it looks that bit better and IT HAS FLAPPY PADDLES!

imo that makes all the difference xD

threesix
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Vtis ftw

Liger
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Mmm I want that red steering wheel insert thing and the red leather gear shifter. Any ideas on how much that is going to cost me? Yes i've been bored and was looking at the manufacturers accessories.

catfish
29-09-2011, 08:14 AM
No reply from the sales people yet, said they would call me today with an answer but no call :( Shall call them tomorrow and see whats what, but i have cooled down. More disappointed than anything else.

Hey Liger, did you got your Jazz yet ?
I'm in the same position here... bought the VTI end of July and promise 10 weeks... now they said beginning of Oct

Liger
29-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Nope, still no Jazz. It is quite amazing that it has taken this long. Called the sales fella up 2 days ago and he said the Jazz in on the boat from Thailand at the moment and once it gets to the Australian Honda distribution center (either in Brisbane or WA), then he will be able to give me a date in October, either mid or end of October. Hopefully you get yours in the Beginning but if my experience so far with Honda is right I would not count on it. I mean, how can they keep their dealers so in the dark about the arrival time of cars and what is on their shipping manifests??? The way i see it, the Thailand side puts a specific amount of cars on the ship according to the demand at the destination of the ship. That means they must know how many VTIs are required to be put on the shipment therefore a simple email over to Honda Australian about the contents of the ship and then honda can allocate these orders according to the demand schedule (first come first served) then tell the dealers ok this is when you will receive your shipment of Jazzes. I just don't believe that they are not able to estimate their supply chain timing and give me this crap that Honda has not told them so they wont know but at the same time give the customer the 10 week promise which after they dont hold up, they dont give me anything in return and furthermore i'm not even getting the color i wanted. If i wanted red i'd have to wait longer so now i got black. Apparently they are giving me the metallic paint $100 off, 495 to 395 but looked at their website and thats the new price of the metallic paint option on the jazz. So far i'm not impressed at all. They must know it takes X amount of time for the ship to come from Thailand to Australia then X amount of time to process the new arrivals through customs. Then X amount of time for the cars to be distributed to the dealers and if they cant do that at least do something to make it up to the customer, going to write a hell of a letter to honda Australia after i get my jazz. Grrrrr.... Ok rant over. Ive been annoyed for the past few months. Hope you don't have to wait much longer catfish.

catfish
29-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Just called, and ETA 17 Oct.
The shipment due to arrive in Brisbane around 10 Oct.
Fingers crossed

ouch
29-09-2011, 05:44 PM
OOOH YEAAAAAAAAAH! the GEs are beginning to grow on me.

Liger
29-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Good on ya man. I've yet to receive a call, hopefully mine should be around the same date as I'm on the Gold Coast and if the cars come in through Brisbane I may be in luck.

GU357
29-09-2011, 07:47 PM
the dealers probably know but want to keep you on the hook.

just be calm, then when u get it, do a burn out out front.

fillit
29-09-2011, 10:49 PM
dealers/most businesses in general prefer not to give a specific date, as if they can't meet it for various reasons then there may be legal implications. ( or just a general hassle when you kick up a fuss.)

catfish
12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeap, I'll pick up my Jazz tomorrow.;);)

Liger, hope you going to have yours soon too !!!

GU357
13-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeap, I'll pick up my Jazz tomorrow.;);)

Liger, hope you going to have yours soon too !!!

How is it??

catfish
14-10-2011, 06:39 PM
very beautiful!!!:wave:
i'm too tired this arvo (just finish checking... everything :) ), think i'll open the wine, compliment from honda.

GU357
14-10-2011, 06:59 PM
lol i found the complimentary wine that came when my dad bought his, we found last yr thats 7yrs after the purchase... now thats aged AHAHA

ss-rotel
15-10-2011, 08:38 PM
glad to hear you've got your car! bout time.

NEXT time, do what i did. walk up to the nearst sales man that's not doing anything, and point a 2 car in the show room, and say -
"This is your lucky day, and the easiest say you're going to have in a long time. I Want that one, and you're going to give me lots for my trade in. Were can we sit and sign papers?"

i guess i was just lucky that they had a shiny black VTiS on the floor.

Best part of that tact, they can't say, "Oh, we dont have any now, we have to make excuses..." you can say, "HEY you sold me the one on the floor. if you're not going give me that one, you're re-neging on the contract, i'll have my deposit back thanx"

Liger
17-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Finally! Getting my jazz Wednesday morning. It was coming to the point where I had already drafted an angry letter to Honda Australia. Still think I might send it but i shall see what happens when I pick it up. Hope the jazz totally fine and in top shape and all the problems are put to an end. btw they say that the first service is free but I'll have to pay for parts like oils and a filter. Is that right?

catfish
18-10-2011, 07:28 AM
No idea coz I forgot to ask :(. Too excited at the moment. Anyway, I'm about to schedule it for the first 1000km as I already have 300km and I'll ask then...

Meanwhile, lots of people show me the finger as I try to keep it under 2500 rpm. ;)

GU357
18-10-2011, 07:35 PM
lots off ppl show me the finger because my HID projectors that i fit light up a km of the road in low beam...

eluune
19-10-2011, 03:35 PM
first 1000k service is just a checkup on the car to see if everythings working and in tact. they dont actually do anything.

that's what happened when i got mine serviced last month.

i think i ran my engine in about 1k+ mileage before hitting it hard.

Liger
19-10-2011, 04:40 PM
So... technically i'm not supposed to take it over 2500Rpm? Mmm....may have gone over 3500 out of the dealership. Just used washed, used paint cleaner and waxed the Jazz. Ahhh......so happy.

catfish
19-10-2011, 05:45 PM
So... technically i'm not supposed to take it over 2500Rpm?

No man, that's just me ;) trying to protect it as much as I can.
You can go faster if you want.

So, how is it? :)

GU357
19-10-2011, 07:44 PM
So... technically i'm not supposed to take it over 2500Rpm? Mmm....may have gone over 3500 out of the dealership. Just used washed, used paint cleaner and waxed the Jazz. Ahhh......so happy.

Your not meant to let it rev hard, i would suggest try and keep it under 3000rpm for the first few hundred Km's or whatever honda recommends.
also if you really want to take car of it, during those KM's its also best if u dont drive it whilst its cold give the car a minute or 2 to warm up

Liger
21-10-2011, 07:13 PM
So all is good in jazz world for me except 3 things.

1. Removed those dealer licence plate plastic cover things, I'm worried that the licence plate will scratch the surrounding paint. Am I just being paranoid?
2. The external thermometer does not display on my dash. How do i get it working?
3. I got the floor mats for the jazz but they come with 2 clips to attach the drivers side mat, where/how do I attach the clips?

eluune
21-10-2011, 07:31 PM
^

i also do not know how to get the thermo working? is it in the manual?

about the carpets, same thing here, they didnt have clips on my drivers side either..annoying at first but got used to it

blahZ
21-10-2011, 08:02 PM
which mats are you guys talking abt?

Liger
21-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Yea but mostly about how to manually adjust the temp.

Liger
21-10-2011, 08:03 PM
The floor mats you can buy from the dealer.

GU357
21-10-2011, 11:19 PM
what type of clips? i remember the Driver sidde mats always slipped when u were driving and eventually it crawls away from you, on the GD3 the clip is like a bracket that attaches to where the seat bolts to the floor and then it stabs through 2 holes that are already in the mate, i would guess the clips bolt onto a simular thing.

so check around the Chair bracket bolts

blahZ
22-10-2011, 09:45 AM
these clips?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8657/img0128fx.jpg

Liger
22-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Yea those are the exact ones. The mats came with 2 clip things that are supposed to attach to the car but I have no idea where or how. The seat bolts seem rather far from the mat area though. Ideas?

blahZ
22-10-2011, 12:34 PM
They should fit perfect if you got them from Honda they're attached to the carpet of ur car I can take more pics if u want

Liger
22-10-2011, 12:53 PM
That would be great. The clips to the car mat part i understand but the actual black plastic clips attaching to the bottom car carpet part is the part i do not get.

GU357
22-10-2011, 05:35 PM
hmm ive never seeen inside them and dont know what te clips look like, but i would look for structures coming from the floor that look like they can be clipped onto maybe the centre console, or the door sill.

Liger
24-10-2011, 11:49 AM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/photo1.jpg

those are the clips and the section under the mat

catfish
24-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey,

Meanwhile, did you sorted out with the thermometer? I'm still looking after it (looked everywhere). I mean, do we have one? Did Australia Jazz coming with such a piece of technology after all?

Liger
24-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Nope, apparently there is one and it should come on next to the odometer. Talked to the dealer and he said he will go find out. Will let you know.

catfish
25-10-2011, 08:00 AM
$#%^, just realize that I'm going to be over 1000km for my first service. I already have 550km and my schedule is for next week Friday. Would that void warranty? Should I give it a rest for a few days?

blahZ
25-10-2011, 08:59 AM
should be fine.. on our forrester we are servicing by months not kms
it was a couple of thousand ks out but still within the somthin month period

Liger
25-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Yea. Also apparently the 1000km service is more of a let's check if everything is running smoothly service since the car is new kinda thing and should be fine I'd your a few kms over a thousand. However to be 100% on it you could just give the dealer a call.

blahZ
25-10-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah really depends on the dealer

liger have you got your mates sorted?

Liger
25-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Nope, posted a pic up but i still have no idea what to do with the clips.

catfish
25-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Nope, posted a pic up but i still have no idea what to do with the clips

I believe those clips will attach to the rubber thingy on the floor. I just assume here. maybe you have to detach the rubber ( the original one) from the carpet, a few cm, and then insert the clips there.

blahZ
25-10-2011, 05:21 PM
my rubber floormats have no clips
the rubber are the weather ones right?

Liger
25-10-2011, 06:01 PM
The rubber bit is a square piece on the drivers side flooring. I'm not sure if i should be removing it. Anyone with the honda OEM floor mats installed with the secure points mind taking a photo with their mat removed so we can have a look the anchoring mechanism? Also any one else with a newish Jazz, do you have the temperature display on your dash?

blahZ
25-10-2011, 06:16 PM
ok hope this might help ya with the mats
but what temp i dont have a temp?

locked mats
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8657/img0128fx.jpg

unlocked mats
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9152/img0140ku.jpg

tadaaaa underneath mats
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4697/img0141yy.jpg

Liger
25-10-2011, 06:28 PM
AH! Sweet, thank you! +rep! Mmm...now, to lift up rubber or make incision into carpet base itself? These clips look like one of those things that seem dead simple but end up being supremely complicated. Might even just wait till the 1k service and ask em there.

blahZ , did you install them yourself or did the dealer do it? The temperature gage next to the odometer display on the spedo little digital screen. In the manual it shows how to adjust it. So I assume it must be there.

blahZ
25-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Hahahah thnx but u have 0 rep so I don't get anything all good but I dont have temperature and dealer installed them

Liger
25-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Its the thought that counts! :D

blahZ
25-10-2011, 08:27 PM
If u hold the i button u can change stuff mayb temp is in there but I definitely dont have temp on my cluster

GU357
25-10-2011, 09:37 PM
when i hold "i" all i get is
"iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiii"

GU357
25-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Hahahah thnx but u have 0 rep so I don't get anything all good but I dont have temperature and dealer installed them

well maybe u should rep him until he gets 100 points then when he reps u u will get 1 AHAHA

Liger
26-10-2011, 01:02 AM
No one reps me :(

blahZ
26-10-2011, 05:57 PM
ill rep if you know how much the standard wing will cost me

Liger
26-10-2011, 07:44 PM
The VTi S wing on the back? Actually i'm interested in a few options on my jazz so i might go ask for the extra options price list. Will let you know if i do.

GU357
26-10-2011, 07:59 PM
buy one from wreckers, i dont think u can get those options from the dealer unless its with the car. or get the spoon one. the spoon one is nice for the GE's

blahZ
26-10-2011, 08:30 PM
i got headlight and bonnet protector let me know if ure interested

Liger
04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
So! Who reckons the stock VTi rims would look good if i got them painted black. Now i've had a look around all the threads about painting the wheels and I'm abit apprehensive on doing it in case i stuff up the new rims. So I'm thinking of getting them professionally powder coated in Sydney. Any ideas where and how much that is going to cost me? I want to leave my car there, pick up my car there not have to take off my rims and leave em there.

blahZ
04-11-2011, 12:27 AM
so vti comes with rims now always thought they came with hubcaps
imo dont spray leave it as is but whatever floats your boat
post some pics if you do decide to spray it =]

Liger
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Yea still thinking about it but am going to tint the windows in the coming week. Thinking of going 35% on the side windows and 25% on the windscreen but will have a look at some samples before making a decision. Took the jazz out to Mount Warning yesterday with 4 passengers and backpacks in the boot. The Jazz handled far greater that i expected! It was awesome! No worries with the steep inclines or handeling, climbed some pretty steep hills at 40km/h bellow 3000rpms. Seems to me that after the first 500km its seems to be driving better or that might just be me. Either way i'm loving this little car.

Liger
06-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Have started the spraying. First rim has been sanded and etch primed. Its drying over night on my balcony. Its gonna take me a few days as i'm going to do it one wheel at a time. Will post pics! Am documenting the process! Tried looking at the forums and there were a few good posts but noting a 100%. I have one question, can you or can you not use brake caliper paint from 3m? It says on the can that it needs to reach 110c to cure properly. I'm afraid that the paint will be soft and damage easy.

Liger
13-11-2011, 04:51 PM
So i've finished painting my wheels and got my windows tinted. I thought i'd post up pictures of the process in case others want to do the same thing, sorta add my 2 cents to the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

First off, I did the painting one wheel at a time. I used the spare wheel and switched it out every time i'm done with one.

Took off the wheel using the jack that came with the car.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0849-1.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0850-1.jpg

Washed the wheel fully, I stay in an apartment so I do not have a back yard. Washed the wheels in the tub and painted on the balcony.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0851-1.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0852-1.jpg

My little paint shop.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0853-1.jpg

Sanded them with 400 grit sandpaper, be sure to get every place you want to paint especially around the rim area if not the paint and primer will not stick. Also you may want to wash the wheel again after sanding to make sure you get all the residue from sanding off. Just be sure to let the wheel dry fully before starting to paint.

From this

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0856.jpg

To this

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0858-1.jpg

Then cleaned the surface down with wax and grease remover.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0862.jpg

Taped it all off with blue painters tape and paper on the wheels. Also be careful with this part, if you don't tape it off properly you might remove some of the paint when your remove the paint later. Also make sure all the wax and grease cleaner is gone before you lay down the primer. As it can lead to bubbling of the paint. I used 3M etch primer.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0861.jpg

After the first coat of primer, I used 2 coats (back and front) then let it dry for 2 hours.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0859.jpg

After the primer was totally dry, clear the surface of any dust or contaminants that may have landed on the wheel while drying. Then i started to spray the black base coat.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0868.jpg

Be sure not to lay on the paint too think or you will get paint runs, had a few problems with that, but i managed to save the paint job by very gently wiping off the excess paint.

So once I've finished the back base coat, 2 coats on the back and 3 on the front. I left it to dry for 4-5 hours, depending on the weather.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0871.jpg

Now its time for the clear coat. 2 coats on the back and 3 coats on the front. You want to lay it on thick but not too thick that the paint runs.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0969.jpg

Left it over night to fully dry.

Finished product.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0963.jpg

All the stuff i've used. Wanted to use calliper paint initially as it has primer in it and is pretty thick stuff but decided against it as it needs to get to 100c+ to cure fully and if its not cured apparently it is susceptible to solvents and chemicals and may come off.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0985.jpg

Also, safety was important! I started off with a cheap mask and no glasses. Got so dizzy and eyes were itchy. Then I decided to get some proper protection kit. Highly recommended!

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0972.jpg

The car with tint and back wheels!

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/IMG_0882.jpg

Got 5% on the front and 18% on the back.

All in all it was a hell of a job, good learning experience and feels good to DIY but I would never do this again in my life, IT TOOK AGES! The wheels look great now. So I'm happy :D

Apologies on the picture quality, used my phone.

BTW, I noticed when i was jacking up the car that some of the paint on the jack points on the underside of the car had been scratched off, would that cause a problem to the car rust wise?

blahZ
13-11-2011, 10:41 PM
nice rims!!
goood stuff
new vti and vtis dont have much diff in this model ayes?

edit: rep for joo

GU357
15-11-2011, 07:36 PM
wow great job
the result is amazing, never thought that the original wheels would look that good.
but the black really does make a difference, makes the wheels style really come together and suit the car.

Paul.Z
15-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I wish i had the time and effort to the rims i have lying around :(

GU357
15-11-2011, 09:49 PM
WOAH!! paul i love ur DP the yellow Foggies are awesum!

Paul.Z
16-11-2011, 03:21 PM
ahaha cheers man...and your cf bonnet is making your car look soo mean, seems like its gonna transform

GU357
16-11-2011, 07:13 PM
ahaha lol thanks, i found that projector headlights give it the "transformer effect too"

does anyone know where to get park lights with a blue tinge?

l.ho
18-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Those projectors look awesome!!!

The parker lights that look slightly blue use smd leds. cheapest place to get them is probably off ebay. search t10 smd led on ebay, and the cheapest buy it now is about $1 each, shipped. Alternatively, you can find similar ones at sca or autobarn, but they're about $20 a pair iirc. build quality is a bit better, but id still go for the ebay ones simply because they're cheaper and work fine.

GU357
19-11-2011, 09:11 PM
kool thanx

Liger
20-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Finished up my centre caps, painted them at first but they turned out bad so i used this 3M carbon fibre sticker stuff. Looks great when on the wheels.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/LigerPower/4a3c0774.jpg