PDA

View Full Version : Reliability and parts

skylinegtts
09-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey,
im looking into buying a ek civic hatch, and was wondering how the reliablily is on these cars and also the cost of parts?
how would u compare the reliability and cost of parts of the civic too an n15 pulsar 1.6?
ive read that the reliability is good, but the cost of spare parts is quite expensive, atm its a toss up between these two cars. main thing im looking for in the car is cost of parts, reliability?

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

Eclipsor
09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
The experience I've had with parts is that they are quite expensive. I have an eg civic. However, I havn't had to replace anything out of necessity yet. Only had the car for 5000 k's though. It's done nearly 150.

DLO01
09-02-2005, 07:34 PM
You get what you pay for. Something might be more expensive and thats because of good R&D quality and workmanship. :thumbsup:

skylinegtts
09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
ahh i c,
just out of curiosity which one has a faster acceleration time, or are they pretty much the same?

barefootbonzai
10-02-2005, 10:06 AM
That depends on which ek hatch you're talking about. If it's the VTiR, the pulsar has no chance.

skylinegtts
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
ahhk yeah,
im wondering about the gli/cxi

wynode
10-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure about the N15 but the N14 has a few known faults such as trip/odometer stopping (due to poor solder joints)and poor aircon compressors. As for the EK I can't think of anything in particular?

Try http://www.pulsar.org.au/ :)

aimre
10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
personally id go a honda

myh old ED was 320,00km going strong!!!

all it needed when i sold it was a new clutch and front brakes.

ahhh the memories (mmm spl)

BLKek
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I was talking to my mechanic about my struts the other day, he said he'd never had to replace an EK strut yet, and this is a major Honda dealer.

When I was looking at cars about a year ago on the list was pulsar N16, and new lancer, neither had as much zip as the Honda, it was the responsiveness that really sold me.

But if you treat them well, you should never have replace parts before they are scheduled, Honda's would have to be the easiest car to service, everything that you need to check / replace is pretty easy to get to.