PDA

View Full Version : Clutch / Transmission issues!!!

ALPS
29-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Soooooooo!!! Guys! i just picked up my car from Essendon Honda and paid 500 all up with labour and parts that i sourced from america. The car is still Freeking squeeky with the clutch and now they tell me my clutch is on its way. im seriously sick of spending soo much money on this thing and not getting any where!! i just feel like driving into a POLE! My Transmission is still shit to flick between gears. the threading is stuffed so i dont know how im going to flush the oil. the clutch master and slave made no difference at all except that my clutch is light and the friction point is really high up now. i dont know what to do. 500 dollars gone for nothing already. im thinking of a Exeddy Hyper CLutch but friend reccomended that i just go heavy duty and not hyper cos thats more for race. please help me :'(

AusS2000
29-07-2011, 07:35 PM
You don't want a Hyper Single. It's great for high torque but a pig in traffic.

dlai5552
29-07-2011, 08:25 PM
OEM AP2. it's an exedy as well, and quite popular.

AusS2000
29-07-2011, 09:00 PM
OEM AP2 is an Exedy HD in a Honda box. You just pay extra for the box.

ALPS
29-07-2011, 09:07 PM
OEM AP2 is an Exedy HD in a Honda box. You just pay extra for the box.

ok exeddy hd it is. my only other concern is how do i know if my gearbox is healthy or not? do i wait and save up 3-4gs before i replace them both. clutch is most probably gonna go before i can save the funds for a clutch and gearbox. but then i have to pay double the labour further down the track when i want to get my gearbox done too. :'( lost for thoughts. just really p'd off at the moment

AusS2000
29-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Sounds like you're just replacing the car one part at a time.

ALPS
30-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Sounds like you're just replacing the car one part at a time.

Pretty much re-built the whole thing! i'm scared my motor is going to start doing things to me :(