PDA

View Full Version : Honda Jan 05 Sales - Record Month

yfin
09-02-2005, 08:05 PM
*** Source: http://www.nextcar.com.au/n.honda.2005.sales.jan.05feb.html

Honda has started 2005 on a high note, setting its best ever monthly record of 3556 new cars.

The result beats Honda’s previous best monthly record set in July last year by eight units and is up 12 per cent on last January’s result.

“This is a fabulous start to the year,” said Honda Australia Director Lindsay Smalley. “We are well on our way to our 2005 target of 41,000 units.”

“Our overall retail sales have grown by 75% since 2001.”

The top performer for Honda was the Accord Euro sedan, accounting for 1157 units, followed by CR-V with 690 and Jazz with 595.

Honda sales January 2005
Accord 316
Accord Euro 1157
Civic 314
Civic Hybrid 18
CR-V 690
Integra 104
Jazz 595
MDX 65
Odyssey 296
S2000 1
Total January 3556
Total year to date 3556

** Note how many Euros sold - bummer - too many on the roads as it is!

h22a accord
10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
i would hope honda are selling a record amount of cars because every night on tv on every channel there are honda ad's every ad break!~!!!!

toE
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
sigh...and only 1 S2000.

On another note, we should get more members signing up now! :D

Kawasaki
10-02-2005, 05:24 PM
s2000 just isn't good value for money in peoples eyes. Im surprized they sold some MDX's... Personally I think they suck.

bigdongers
11-02-2005, 01:34 AM
s2000 just isn't good value for money in peoples eyes. Im surprized they sold some MDX's... Personally I think they suck.

The MDX certainly does not suck. My Dad drives one and Its pretty much the most luxurious 7 seater out there and the V6 engine is the best engine in the entire Honda line up with maybe the exception of the S2000 engine.

jackosimm
11-02-2005, 09:51 AM
yeh with the mdx, why not pay some more and get a X5, tourag or even kayene(spelling?) those euro's are selling crazy!!:thumbsup:

Disciple
28-02-2005, 11:35 PM
yer man the accord euro is hot.. lov'n it

Alpine
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Too many Euros around now. You see them everywhere like any other Falcodore. It loses its prestige as a consequence. The Accord V6 is better. ;)

Kawasaki
02-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Too many Euros around now. You see them everywhere like any other Falcodore. It loses its prestige as a consequence. The Accord V6 is better. ;)

This is exactly what honda needs.. to break into the mainstream sedan market, if you get my drift, and the euro accord has done this extremely well

|N|
02-03-2005, 09:25 PM
omg.. the accords r gonna take the camry's place

R123
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM
is good to know Euro is doing great, cos personally i think it looks sharp and good $$ for such perferomance sedan.. hope they can earn good profit from it, so they will make more exiciting cars..

**Ghost**
05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I have no idea y ppl like SUVS so much nowdays... look at the CRV, its a good car, but seriously...

Faiz
05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
the accord v6 is not a good car in my opinion. Sure its luxury etc. Honda needs to make a rear wheel drive v6 to conpete with commodores and falcons here. If honda does it the large sedan market will be in there hands. Put the v6 engine to a nice rear wheel good handling car you have a competitor with those lousy aussi cars that everyone loves so much. S2000 is not good value for money, doesnt even have a clock in there hehe its just a convertible with a damn nice engine. I think in that price it needs a lot more equipment.Mdx i ahve heard bad reviews so no comment.,

NeoNode
05-04-2005, 10:06 PM
the accord v6 is not a good car in my opinion. Sure its luxury etc. Honda needs to make a rear wheel drive v6 to conpete with commodores and falcons here

That's why it won 2004 Best Luxury car under $57,000 right...:rolleyes:

D16Y
05-04-2005, 11:38 PM
wtf faiz, how isnt the v6 good enough?

industrie
06-04-2005, 09:00 AM
another dumb comment from faiz..wtf...v6 not good enough??? man whats wrong with you..sell your euro and stop complaining omg...go buy yourself a freakin v6 or v8 to satisfy your fuel guzzling crap

Fr3aKi3
06-04-2005, 10:34 AM
if they dropped the s2000 price down to around abt 50-55 000 then there'd be plenty more ppl who'd buy it, right now its overpriced for what it is. IHMO they should hav 2 versions, an S2000 for 50-55k then an S2000 Type R :D for the price of the current s2000.

just imagine an s2000 type r......
ah crap i just wet myself....

UNLS1
06-04-2005, 10:53 AM
they are great stats....we sold just over 86 new hondas in feb and we are lookin better again this month!

and as the v6 comment, please.......
the falcon has 190kw, commodore 170.....its up there and i am a commodore driver and the other half of my dealer is ford. and belive me id take the accord v6 over the holden and ford now anyday.....its my fav honda engine i just love it!

lol but id still say my vx 5.7 V8 owns all lol

Cheers James

Faiz
06-04-2005, 04:17 PM
the comment was made not about the engine but the feel of the car. The engine is great, if there is a manual version of it, it would kick ass. The way it handles i dont like. I test drove it. Its comfy luxurious etc but its not what we can relate to the euro's nature. That is the reason why so many people are buying the euro. Sure its won luxurious car of the year but the sales would increase if the car has a new look, and handling like the euro. just my opinion though.

NeoNode
06-04-2005, 07:01 PM
the comment was made not about the engine but the feel of the car. The engine is great, if there is a manual version of it, it would kick ass. The way it handles i dont like. I test drove it. Its comfy luxurious etc but its not what we can relate to the euro's nature. That is the reason why so many people are buying the euro. Sure its won luxurious car of the year but the sales would increase if the car has a new look, and handling like the euro. just my opinion though.

Do you have any idea Honda's target market for the Accord V6 are? :rolleyes:
They released the Euro for a different market once again compared to the V6 Accord.

You sure don't think before you open your mouth.

Faiz
06-04-2005, 07:40 PM
yes i know the market buddy. And i think its a wrong move from honda. There is a bigger market for v6 sporty large (room) sporty natured car. You can see that by looking at those holden commodores sales and falcons. When honda released the car they said it would compete with falcons, camrys and commodores. Toyota has even took on a sporty image for there family sedan. I dont see why honda cant do that. It would be more sucessful. I searched for a car with a v6 sporty handling etc. The closest thing i got was the euro. (in the price range) Honda can mix fuel efficency performance and handling if they wanted. If they go in the price range of honda v6 you can imagine. same current v6 engine, mix it with 6 speed manual, and the handling like the euro. Fix the exterior styling and there you go. You ahve a direct falcon and commodore eating car interms of sales not performance. I am looking at this from a consumers view. It may differ greatly to some of yours but thats just how i see it.

NeoNode
06-04-2005, 08:23 PM
yes i know the market buddy. And i think its a wrong move from honda. There is a bigger market for v6 sporty large (room) sporty natured car. You can see that by looking at those holden commodores sales and falcons. When honda released the car they said it would compete with falcons, camrys and commodores. Toyota has even took on a sporty image for there family sedan. I dont see why honda cant do that. It would be more sucessful. I searched for a car with a v6 sporty handling etc. The closest thing i got was the euro. (in the price range) Honda can mix fuel efficency performance and handling if they wanted. If they go in the price range of honda v6 you can imagine. same current v6 engine, mix it with 6 speed manual, and the handling like the euro. Fix the exterior styling and there you go. You ahve a direct falcon and commodore eating car interms of sales not performance. I am looking at this from a consumers view. It may differ greatly to some of yours but thats just how i see it.

The Honda Accord and Nissan Maxima were never in the same league as the competitors.
Most of the sales from Camry, Commodores and Falcons are fleet buys, not private owners. I never heard anything about Honda competing with the other 4 in reviews, I always see Honda as more upmarket compared to the other four brands, unless you have a link that states otherwise.

Perhaps you want find out the meaning of a luxury car and a car of a sporty nature.

The audience Honda are trying to reach does not want firmer suspension, nor does it want uneccesary bodykits added to them, if they do want a sporty image, Honda has it's accessory range to cater for it. Honda Australia has tried with their sports oriented side of things, they pulled out due to poor sales, and yet you're trying to tell people the exact opposite lol.

yfin
06-04-2005, 08:31 PM
The audience Honda are trying to reach does not want firmer suspension, nor does it want uneccesary bodykits added to them, if they do want a sporty image, Honda has it's accessory range to cater for it. Honda Australia has tried with their sports oriented side of things, they pulled out due to poor sales, and yet you're trying to tell people the exact opposite lol.

I can't believe i am saying this - but Faiz has a point. The V6 Accord is butt ugly and an ordinary handling car. I am also not sure if you have driven a Euro or not - but my suspension is actually very stiff for a 4 door sedan. It is in many respects sports orientated -- eg the way the engine produces power, the 6MT, 4 wheel wishbones, lightweight magnesium gearbox, etc. A lot of thought has gone in to creating a "sports" sedan and keeping weight to a reasonable level. I am not sure Honda has pulled out of the "sports oriented" side of things just yet.

I agree with Faiz in respect of the V6 accord - if it was better looking and a better drive it would do very well in the sales.

That's why it won 2004 Best Luxury car under $57,000 right...:rolleyes:

Fair enough - but I don't regard those best car awards highly. Even the Magna in 1986 one "Car of the Year". 2 years later people were claiming they were one of the worst cars ever built in Australia - they had lots of problems. People remember those days - that is why the newer magnas have such poor resale. The new models are actually quite good cars but are tainted by the 1986 Car of the Year.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Car of the Year awards are sometimes for new models released that year. If there is a model still for sale (but not new that year) - it is not considered for car of the year. So it is not necessarily the BEST car - it is considered the best of the new models - if you know what I mean.

NeoNode
06-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I can't believe i am saying this - but Faiz has a point. The V6 Accord is butt ugly and an ordinary handling car. I am also not sure if you have driven a Euro or not - but my suspension is actually very stiff for a 4 door sedan. It is in many respects sports orientated -- eg the way the engine produces power, the 6MT, 4 wheel wishbones, lightweight magnesium gearbox, etc. A lot of thought has gone in to creating a "sports" sedan. I am not sure Honda has pulled out of the "sports oriented" side of things just yet.

I agree with Faiz in respect of the V6 accord - if it was better looking and a better drive it would do very well in the sales.

I was directly referring to the Accord V6 and not the Euro, I agree the Euro is a sports oriented car, but no way is the Accord V6, it's aimed at a completely different target audience which are older than the bunch who would buy the Accord Euro.

Look at it this way, go to www.australiasbestcars.com.au (http://www.australiasbestcars.com.au/) and look at the PDF file of the cars the Honda Accord V6 is up against. As I have said, their market does not want the handling characteristics of a sports car.

If we are talking about the Accord Euro then I will have a different view on the matter, but i'm solely basing my views on the V6 Accord.
In terms of looks of each car, it's a subjective matter and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some may hate the styling, some may love it.

yfin
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Fair enough - but I think you will find what the market often wants is both comfort and performance. That is why I think the new Legend will do well - it apparently has really good handling and power and will probably sell very well. I am sure it has a very compliant ride and is comfortable too.

NeoNode
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
But too many times I see your average John Citizen regard performance as higher power output, following that then comes the handling or clear disregard on that matter what so ever. But it's not like car companies give luxury car buyers much options in terms of handling upgrades, some companies do, but i'm not sure how many prospective buyers will take up the better handling package. Well in my opinion anyway.

If Honda price the new Legend right, it will sell like hotcakes, It's got everything you could ask for.

Faiz
06-04-2005, 09:24 PM
As a consumer i wanted a car with good handling. the market that the accord v6 is aimed
at is very small because all those rich old blokes would rather want a lexus, bmw etc. There is a bigger market out there for v6, good handling sports oriented family sedans. The accord v6 is a large car, its like making a direct comment that old people want comfort not handling? Who says? Why are the commodores and falcon v6 are selling like crazy. They are everywhere. Its because people want a car with good performance, handling and large comfy family sedans. The v6 car is not total "luxury"
People who would want luxury wont be looking in this price.

Well call me crazy but all im trying to say is the v6 accord has its target audience wrong. Give the car some good looks, handling, 6 speed manual. It will sell like crazy like the accord euro. Imagine the euro larger, with the current v6 engine. Same handling. what would people pick between a 4 cylinder who hasnt got good handling, and exterior? Imagine i vice versa. They are practically ( well in similar price range) If the euro was larger bodied with same handling v6 id go for that instead of a v4 which is in same price but doesnt have good handling feel and isnt sports oriented.

Lol i hope that make sense.

NeoNode
06-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I've already have stated why the other 4 brands sell so well, most are fleet buys. Did you bother reading at all what so ever?
And you are not the target audience nor the age group Honda is aiming the Accord V6 at. Did you even pay for the Euro you own?

The Accord V6 didn't get their target audience wrong, they released both versions of the Accord here for a reason. Accord Euro as the sporty image and the Accord V6 as the mature and sedate car.

Who says to own a piece of luxury has to cost you an arm and a leg? Good on Honda for selling the Accord V6, Accord Euro for such a bargain price with all the bells and whistles others only wish they can compete. Money doesn't come easily to everyone, and to own an Accord Euro or Accord V6 in my opinion are doing quite well financially already.

Subaru WRX is another example of awesome performance at a great price, you do not need to own no Ferrari or a Rolls Royce to dream about performance or luxury where once only the richest would be able to indulge.

PS. I don't know if you have actually driven any cars that Toyota, Mitsubishi, Holden and Ford has to offer, but they are no means great handlers, but they are exceptions, but I can't see them being in the price range of the Accord.
Purely my subjective view on things though.

Faiz
06-04-2005, 09:46 PM
thats very true neonode. But i think the v6 deserves some decent handling. you may not agree, others might not too. But can u respect my opinion as an indivivual?

UNLS1
06-04-2005, 10:57 PM
id love the V6 in the euro lol

But most the people i sell accord V6's to are older people and i mean OLDer people...the younger market dont like it too much...

i know u all prob know this but Australia is the only country that sells the Accord and Accord Euro...

the euro is in the market with the Mazda 6 and cars like that....accord is in the same as falcon, commodore camry ect.

civ_sik
20-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I have no idea y ppl like SUVS so much nowdays... look at the CRV, its a good car, but seriously...

they piss everyone off aswell they seem to think even if its a crv that they own the road...