PDA

View Full Version : ct110 (postie) spitting flames

che0101
31-07-2011, 07:54 PM
just thought i would add this up.

im building a custom postie for my year 12n design and technology major.

the seat is moved back with stiffened shocks and a harley sportster tank to go on.

it was the second time it ran and to my amazement it spat flames. possibly the coolest postie ever >:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPUGUwdDIo8

trism
31-07-2011, 08:37 PM
hahaha thats sick

ouch
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
thats pretty cool man. good luck with the project aye? dont forget to update.
did you get the bike from an auction?

che0101
05-08-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks heaps. will update might even might start a work log. and my uncle got it from the scrap bin at his work ( boss travels around aus to race them) so all it has was the frame, break plates and steering stem. build it from ground up.

Zilli
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
lol thats awesome man, and props for doing something different, will definitely be following this thread to see the outcome

Just be mindful, the reason its backfiring like that is because the mixtures are wrong because youve increased the air going out of the motor... itd be great to see if you can adapt some sort of filter to allow more air in, then see if you can find a jet kit for the motor to get the mixtures right!

che0101
07-08-2011, 09:44 PM
im pretty sure its right the bike runs beautifully. cause of the thumpster motor i have been told with a big exhaust they do pop flames. but not 100%

Zilli
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
fair enough.

TheSaint
09-08-2011, 01:04 PM
thats awsome man

one of my mates was working on supercharging a postie bike (could have been turbo - cant remember)
and he was doing it up like a rat-rod

dont know what happened to it tho

Type R Positive
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
lol thats awesome man, and props for doing something different, will definitely be following this thread to see the outcome

Just be mindful, the reason its backfiring like that is because the mixtures are wrong because youve increased the air going out of the motor... itd be great to see if you can adapt some sort of filter to allow more air in, then see if you can find a jet kit for the motor to get the mixtures right!
^ what he said.

crackling and blue flame can mean lean mixture. It can also mean exhaust leak. If it's lean, It will bog when you ride it.

Sounds like you need a bigger pilot jet just from the idle, or set the fuel screw properly.

che0101
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
^ what he said.

crackling and blue flame can mean lean mixture. It can also mean exhaust leak. If it's lean, It will bog when you ride it.

Sounds like you need a bigger pilot jet just from the idle, or set the fuel screw properly.

what do u mean with bog when you ride it??

how do i know if i have the fuel screw set properly.

Type R Positive
09-08-2011, 10:41 PM
what do u mean with bog when you ride it??

how do i know if i have the fuel screw set properly.
Bog is where you turn the throttle and it won't rev up, and won't pick up speed. It sounds like like you are trying to pull 10 gears too high.

Quick jetting 101 - Now to set your fuel screw (in = lean, out = rich), set the bike to a high idle. Turn the fuel screw in until the bike nearly dies, then turn out until the bike gets max rpm. It will sound really crisp. If this position is less than 3/4 of a turn out from fully closed, you need a smaller pilot jet. If it is more than 2 1/2 turns out, try a smaller pilot jet.

Will continue with main jet and needle position if you need.

Jomsy
13-08-2011, 10:00 AM
you may like this site

http://www.yenjoy.co.jp/cone/museum/index.html

Im in the process of turbocharging and fitting efi to my ct110, only cost me around 1k all up