PDA

View Full Version : EP3R Daily/track COILOVERS ????????????????????????????????????????

nny911
01-08-2011, 10:39 PM
budgeting around $1900 (a lower price would be ideal)

At the moment I've been tossing between the following:

KW Variant 2 (They do not come with pillow ball upper mounts)

VS

Tein Type Flex (Comes with Pillow ball upper mounts for camber adjust)

VS

Buddyclub N+

VS

Buddyclub Racing Spec

Vs

any other suggestions would be helpful (just no bc racing or cheaper usdm alternatives)

ps. tbh i dont really wanna run the buddyclubs

thanks

muzukashi
01-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Having gone through mugen/buddyclub/tein setups on my dc5r & ep3 i'd say the teins are on the top of the list as it feels the most solid and is great for dailys the handling what more can i sayyy .. a good quality sussy setup paired with the ep3 is incredible

When i had the buddyclub racing specs on it didnt give that satisfaction feel of comfort for daily drive and was quite harsh on long cruises esp on bad roads even when set not to be lol mind you i snapped my rear camber arms due to the stress the coils were transferring to the chassis but if its going on a track warrior i'd say these should be fine

got a set of tein flex coilovers for sale hit me up if interested one of the best setups you will find for the ep3

jcpabc
04-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Have an ep3 before with tein mono Flex. The suspension start having sound after few track days. Do get tein.

Mr.PT
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Have an ep3 before with tein mono Flex. The suspension start having sound after few track days. Do get tein.

do or dont?
just go kw already :)

jcpabc
04-08-2011, 11:14 PM
do or dont?
just go kw already :)

Haha I mean "don't"

exquisit
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM

brand new teins?
what was the sound?

exquisit
10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
jcpabc?

Nepolian
10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
BC N+ = Hard
BC RSD = Harder
Tein Mono = Even harder

That's my experience!

I'd honestly say the RSD is better a street/track setup. Bit you need to be honest with yourself with what you are after. All these years of playing with cars I have realized that you need to set a goal as to what you want to achieve? Is it a sport street car or a track car?