PDA

View Full Version : a couple problems with my dc4

funny_nealz
02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
hello guys and girls been looking through the forum to see if i could
find a similar thread but no luck so i decided to post it up hopefully its ok.

my gsi integra lately has been having trouble with its gearbox and clutch
it first started when i was driving to the country was driving onto and exit and cos i
was half asleep accidently shoved it into 3rd gear while going too fast and the gear crunched ever since i have been having allot of trouble putting it into gears and sometimes won't go into gear so i have to clutch and rev or even worst case turn the car off and put it into gear then start again. friends think it could be gearbox oil

second problem is my clutch is slipping i think well my friends tested it they said its still running strong but when im sitting still and going to start moving sometimes the clutch and gearbox will vibrate and make the whole front end shake as i start moving i geuss it slipping somewhere or ****ed

3rd problem recently my engine makes a funny squeling noise when i turn it on and when i accelerate not every time but 70% the sound is coming fron the right side

i thought this would be a great place to discuss my problems before i take it to mechanics if its small problems then i'll get em fixed but if their major then im happy to get a vtir engine conversion and gearbox + exedy heavy duty clutch might be worth investing in that o by the way car has 182.xxx kms and unsure of service history has an average history

p.s any recmondations for places to get a engine or gearbox heard hondworld is really good how much? and moderatly easy conversion?

thanks in advance Neal :)

funny_nealz
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
anyone?

BoostnDC2
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
hello guys and girls been looking through the forum to see if i could
find a similar thread but no luck so i decided to post it up hopefully its ok.

my gsi integra lately has been having trouble with its gearbox and clutch
it first started when i was driving to the country was driving onto and exit and cos i
was half asleep accidently shoved it into 3rd gear while going too fast and the gear crunched ever since i have been having allot of trouble putting it into gears and sometimes won't go into gear so i have to clutch and rev or even worst case turn the car off and put it into gear then start again. friends think it could be gearbox oil
I'd check the oil first, could be low on oil or have the wrong weight oil. Sounds like the synchro's are on their way out.

second problem is my clutch is slipping i think well my friends tested it they said its still running strong but when im sitting still and going to start moving sometimes the clutch and gearbox will vibrate and make the whole front end shake as i start moving i geuss it slipping somewhere or ****ed
Could possibly be an engine/gearbox/power steering rack mount. Mine did the same thing so I changed the gearbox mount and it stopped.

3rd problem recently my engine makes a funny squeling noise when i turn it on and when i accelerate not every time but 70% the sound is coming fron the right side
Fan belt. Tighten and or replace. But the fan belt is on the left hand side of the car on a B18b (or on the right hand side if you are standing in front of the car with the bonnet open)

i thought this would be a great place to discuss my problems before i take it to mechanics if its small problems then i'll get em fixed but if their major then im happy to get a vtir engine conversion and gearbox + exedy heavy duty clutch might be worth investing in that o by the way car has 182.xxx kms and unsure of service history has an average history

p.s any recmondations for places to get a engine or gearbox heard hondworld is really good how much? and moderatly easy conversion?

thanks in advance Neal :)
Check out the for sale section. There are a lot of members on here that offer b-series swaps and some pretty reasonable prices :)
Hope this helps!

BoostnDC2
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
A slipping clutch will make the engine rev irregularly when you drive down the road

dougie_504
02-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Is the gearbox popping out of gear into neutral?

Sounds like you rooted a synchro - very takes a bit of force to suddenly ruin a gear from my experience. Gradual wear is one thing, but immediate wear I believe comes from abuse, and if you're half asleep I still think you'd notice that you're ramming your shifter into gear with some resistance. Not a cheap part to replace, and the labour is a killer.

Squealing is surely belt.

Banana_hammock
05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree. The belt is the cause of your engine bay noise. Also, check your transmission fluid condition and levels for it may be dead.

x3cindymichael
13-09-2011, 02:00 PM
for your clutch i'd say check the fluid make sure its the right color and not brown (old) , bleed the clutch out.. this helped for my mates eg.

as for the sqeeling your hearing , i'd say a belt . my old toyota had this problem and it was the fan belt was loose , got all belts tightened at the same time and this helped.

hope this helps. goodluck