PDA

View Full Version : Civic vs 180sx SR20DET Redtop

dcii_sir
14-12-2003, 12:37 PM
which car u reckon is faster on drags on a rolling start ?? EG civic running the b16a vs a 180sx running the SR20DET Redtop. Both stock..

weezer
14-12-2003, 12:39 PM
what kind of a retarded question is that??? :D

dcii_sir
14-12-2003, 12:43 PM
its not retarded man.. its a legit question i think.. :D coz there's a dude at my workplace keeps going on about blowing my civic away.. but everytime i ask him to drag.. he doesnt want to

mo
14-12-2003, 12:54 PM
go the 180!! :dance:

bennjamin
14-12-2003, 01:02 PM
with grip u should kick him into 2nd gear- but once his 150kw come on tap ....he will soar past u :)

BTW- there are many varibles...grip , mods etc etc. AND btw beating a car thru 2nd gear DOSENT count as " winning " :P

And - your " civic EG with a b16a" ISNT stock LOL ....

Ben

XXpl0Sive
14-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Stock VS Stock...Umm..LOL
That's a stupid question man

Setanta
14-12-2003, 03:27 PM
hahahahaha - go the SR20DET!

I gotta admit that I've been watching too much initial D - I'm going back into S13 dreams ;)

2ds
14-12-2003, 06:12 PM
the 180sx but not by as much as he would have you believe. if you were driving an ITR instead of a vti-r civic, it would be a different can of worms.

-2ds

dcii_sir
14-12-2003, 07:36 PM
the poll is 7 to 1 now.. :( Guess I'm the only person who believes in the B16A ... :(

Setanta
14-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Whats worse is that if you put 3 grand of mods into both, the SR20 will still smoke a B16A, but all the more convincingly.

I love NA, but you can't beat a good turbo engine and a SR20 is just a damn good package all round.

Slugoid
14-12-2003, 09:42 PM
dcii_sir, your a funny man indeed :D You sure know how to make Nissan (and Honda) owners laugh.

fusion_VTi
14-12-2003, 10:28 PM
i do love my honda for build quality and styling etc, but i just cant seem to get over the nissan turbo's. spending 5k on my engine would get me something that would still be smoked by a mum in a pajero however the turbo nissan's you cant go past, *thinks thoughts of selling*

dcii_sir
14-12-2003, 10:51 PM
hey.. who is the other guy who voted for the civic ??

mo
14-12-2003, 10:54 PM
haha first off your car isn't stock so maybe if how much u spent on ur car, the 180 spends on his!! he'll smoke u for sure!! haha but if u had a stock EG!! he'll still smoke u! LOL

Setanta
15-12-2003, 05:54 AM
I think the Honda voters missed the "rolling start" part of the initial post. ;)

Rolling or standing, the Honda is toast :P

eknine
15-12-2003, 08:57 AM
hey.. who is the other guy who voted for the civic ??

a....aaa... moi, coz i click wrongly...ooops!:(

Civic Type R
15-12-2003, 11:46 AM
I remember 2 years ago i pulled up at the lights, waiting peacefully and suddenly a black blinged up 180SX stopped next to me. After noticing a banner of stickers under his mirror leading all the way to the ground and a massive GT spoiler i decided, fuk it, lets see whjat these puppies have got.

Lights went green and where was he, bang, i got one car length on him as soon as vtec kicked in in 1st. All i could hear was PSHHHH PSHHHHH but i couldnt see any 180SX.

next set of lights. same thing PSHHH PSHHH but i looked closer in my rear view mirror and he was atleast a car length back.

After that he later found out where i lived and would drive past daily after work and blow off the valve out front of my house.
he got OWNED :D

one more chance
15-12-2003, 01:53 PM
damn this thread is just adding more fuel to the nissan vs honda rivalry! i think stock for stock on a rolling start it should be quite even all the way to 400m. red and blue tops aren't anything too special, black top is different as it has a vvt system.

A'PEXi
15-12-2003, 04:25 PM
itr should have it by 3rd... but a eg b16a isn't exactly as fast as a type r?.... so maybe the 180 id say :D

b16a_integra
15-12-2003, 04:34 PM
180 man, the cars are in 2 different leagues.

Setanta
15-12-2003, 05:56 PM
an ITR has at least 30bhp over a JDM B16A2 and 3 and 40bhp over any other B16A.

Itd be even between an ITR and a 180/S13, but the ITRs are an awesome handler with a sound performance engine. The S13 based cars have an excellent motor in an average handling car. Straight line I still think the SR20 will chew up a NA car,

vti-2
15-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Good to see people have faith in the Civic... :D

[[d a n n y]]
15-12-2003, 07:27 PM
depends which Eg it is

Breeze hatchback with B16a? then yeah i recfon it's got more than a chance..

coz of the wiehgt..

XXpl0Sive
15-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Oh in that case danny, depends which 180sx it is, 180sx with RB26DETT would have more of a chance too ;)

joneblaze
15-12-2003, 07:33 PM
LMFAO@danny...

Setanta
15-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Against a CA18, I'd agree Danny - against a SR20 I dunno. RWD and a LSD is generally better than FWD/no LSD even with drivetrain losses.

LOL - since when did Breezes come out with stock B16As anyway? :P

[[d a n n y]]
15-12-2003, 07:54 PM
well ben...rb26 isnt ment to b for a 180sx is it...

well the b16a is ment to b for the civic isnt it?

now do u get my point? :x

bennjamin
15-12-2003, 08:19 PM
the same as a rb26 is prob too powerful for a 180sx body....

so too is a b16a for a BREEze's shell :P

[[d a n n y]]
15-12-2003, 08:29 PM
yeah well back to the topic

dcii_sir
15-12-2003, 11:07 PM
personally..I would say that the civic doesnt stand a chance again the SR20DET blacktop but against the SR20DET REDTOP, I would say its even from rolling start.....

[[d a n n y]]
16-12-2003, 12:34 AM
stuff it...NSX will kill it..

Setanta
16-12-2003, 06:19 AM
lol - put a Nissan with a similar cost to the NSX against it and it'd be an all new battle. :P

Don't get me wrong, I love Hondas, but Nissan builds faster cars at most levels. Honda has never got out of it's F1 mindset really (even if they do run in a few other categories) - it's all about technology - Nissan races everything except F1 and had made it's image that way.

Like I said - I love Hondas, but they need to get their heads out of their arses and give us real performnce cars - not SUVs on steroids :P

vti-2
16-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Like I said - I love Hondas, but they need to get their heads out of their arses and give us real performnce cars - not SUVs on steroids

hehehe... :D

[[d a n n y]]
16-12-2003, 07:47 AM
SUV on STEROIDS?

MDX?

lolz

is it true that NSX type-R can out run a GTR (R34) in stock form in a rolling start and standing?

XXpl0Sive
16-12-2003, 09:31 AM
I agree with Setanta.. and a true enthusiast has respect for all brands of motors, you can't say one car is "better" than the other, every car has it's good/bad and purpose.

I don't believe an NSX can 'out run' a GTR from standing either Danny ;)

b16a_integra
16-12-2003, 12:25 PM
what are the 0-100km times for both cars?? that could give a better understanding to what car would win, also it depends a hell of a lot on the driver, i use to have a NA s13 sr20de, and i had beat an ca18det with zorst, and not sure wot else.

poid
16-12-2003, 12:35 PM
BAH, just settle the argument by calling the Nissan driver a pussy till he agrees to race, or both of you go to the off-street drags and get timeslips :)

All the theory in the world is great, but if you can half drive your car and the guy driving the 180 is a typical Nissan driver you'll chop him LoL

Slugoid
16-12-2003, 03:40 PM
]]SUV on STEROIDS?

MDX?

lolz

is it true that NSX type-R can out run a GTR (R34) in stock form in a rolling start and standing?

Believe it or not guys, the NSX Type-R can outrun a R34 GT-R (both in stock form). U gotta remember that the Type-R NSX has reduced weight (thanks to extra carbon fibre) and a tuned C30A :P

Standard NSX, the GTR would win.

Civic Type R
16-12-2003, 04:46 PM
and then one little tweak to the GTR and the NSX would have no chance.

Setanta
16-12-2003, 05:19 PM
LOL - good call CTR :)

Wind up the boost and bye bye NoSeX :P

More to the point - look at the difference in cost between the two ;) Take one of the "tuner" R34s (which is about the same as an NSX-R, possibly less) and it will eat the NoSeX again :P

In terms of looks though, I'd take the NSX, it looks fast standing still :)

fusion_VTi
16-12-2003, 06:39 PM
i reckon its about time honda actually came up iwth an engine to rival the nissan motor's. i mean sure a type r integra is fast and i mean sure you can put a type r motor into an eg civic but who wants to spend like 7-10 grand on an engine which could almost cover the cost buying of a low end s13? i rekcon honda should manufacture some decent sized motors and put them in small cars. 1.6L vs 2L TURBO? not a chance. and to the fella who reckons he smoked a bling 180, mate it had to be non turbo or the turbo was fu(ked. i've driven ITR and Blacktop and redtop 180's and i can say the ITR doesnt even come close. honda engines already are tuned to the shithouse thats why it's so hard to get any huge power gains without forced induction. mod for mod with a 180sx, it's bye bye honda and tail lights you'd be lucky to see :P

dcii_sir
16-12-2003, 06:48 PM
i reckon its about time honda actually came up iwth an engine to rival the nissan motor's. i mean sure a type r integra is fast and i mean sure you can put a type r motor into an eg civic but who wants to spend like 7-10 grand on an engine which could almost cover the cost buying of a low end s13? i rekcon honda should manufacture some decent sized motors and put them in small cars. 1.6L vs 2L TURBO? not a chance. and to the fella who reckons he smoked a bling 180, mate it had to be non turbo or the turbo was fu(ked. i've driven ITR and Blacktop and redtop 180's and i can say the ITR doesnt even come close. honda engines already are tuned to the shithouse thats why it's so hard to get any huge power gains without forced induction. mod for mod with a 180sx, it's bye bye honda and tail lights you'd be lucky to see :P

Hey dude.. did you know that a stock Integra type R can beat a stock S14 running the SR20DET blacktop ?? Both cars are jap versions. Sure the s14 launched on the type R coz of turbo but by 3rd gear, the ITR would kill the S14. And more thing ... I agree that honda engines are highly tuned but it is possible to get more power out of it. Do you know how many types of mods are out there for the hondas without force induction ?? Stuff like cams, throttle bodies, ecu are just a few. BTW, did you know that quickest NA car in the world is a honda civic.. Its running 10.xx seconds quarter mile on PURE NA POWER.

Did I mentioned that when I had my Integra Vtir, I beat this 180sx CA18DET running 13psi on rolling start from 100 to about 200 km/h

fusion_VTi
16-12-2003, 06:55 PM
yeah dont get me wrong i love my honda and all hondas but i just get a bit frustrated sometimes cuz it's non turbo. my brother has an r33 gts-t and it hammers i guess im just cut cuz we've spent about the same amount on our cars :x hehe

XXpl0Sive
16-12-2003, 06:55 PM
I hope you are not reffering to that video with the Japanese guys!

dcii_sir
16-12-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm gonna find that video clip where the ITR kills the S14. Anyone have a place to host it ??

dcii_sir
16-12-2003, 06:57 PM
I hope you are not reffering to that video with the Japanese guys!

Well.. its soem japanese clips..

[[d a n n y]]
16-12-2003, 06:58 PM
yeah eventhough nissan would be faster i love driving my civic...

turbo is not my style..na is... :D

jeeeebuz but 21 to 8 honda getting smashed :x

XXpl0Sive
16-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Is it the one where the guy sticks his tounge out half way through it?

dcii_sir
16-12-2003, 07:02 PM
yeah.. that fag with the tongue.. dont tell me theres something wrong with that clip.

Setanta
16-12-2003, 09:54 PM
BTW, did you know that quickest NA car in the world is a honda civic.. Its running 10.xx seconds quarter mile on PURE NA POWER.

Did I mentioned that when I had my Integra Vtir, I beat this 180sx CA18DET running 13psi on rolling start from 100 to about 200 km/h

I have a feeling that a fair few V8 boys and Rotary heads might dispute the first comment ;) Oh - di d I mention there used to be a kawasaki powered mini dragster pulling 10s @ phenomenal revs.

As for the second, a CA18DET is not a SR20DET ;)

Try it against a Spec R S15 on the same boost or a GTiR AWD Pulsar and I'd be very interested to see the outcome. I've watched ITRs on the dyno and the output is nowhere near that of a GTiR w/mods ;) Handling is where the DC2 excels - I dunno about the JDM DC5 - but I'm guessing it's the same.

dcii_sir
16-12-2003, 10:23 PM
[quote=dcii_sir] BTW, did you know that quickest NA car in the world is a honda civic.. Its running 10.xx seconds quarter mile on PURE NA POWER.

Ermm.. I should have corrected that.. Its suppose to be the fastest civic in the world.. :D

Setanta
16-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Heheheh - I did wonder ;)

Choongas
17-12-2003, 12:01 AM
i dunno about rolling...

but from standstill, i dunno about getting smoked.. i guess ive gone against crappy drivers.. even though im a crappy driver hah

vti-2
17-12-2003, 07:15 AM
There's a 9-sec N/A CRX in the States. Quote below was taken from fullboost. I think it's the fastest FWD N/A in the world. Doubt it's the fastest N/A overall though.

"Durst clocked the first nine-second All Motor performance in NHRA sport compact history in the second round of eliminations when she blasted her Horizon motorsports Honda CRX to a run of 9.934 seconds at 134.99 mph."

fueltank
17-12-2003, 09:35 AM
go nissan! hehehe

Civic Type R
17-12-2003, 12:00 PM
BTW, did you know that quickest NA car in the world is a honda civic.. Its running 10.xx seconds quarter mile on PURE NA POWER.

Not anymore,
she ran a 9.9 a few weeks ago. :)

LatinoHatchCrap
20-12-2003, 11:05 AM
NA power is completely different to Turbo power: whilst NA power c urves tend to be smooth all the way to the top, Turbo power curves develop *spikes* which is usually when the turbo spools up.
Take this into account when racing a turbo car and get the mods necessary for you to reach top-end faster: clutch, flywheel, lightned crank pulley, light wheels (eg Rotas), semi-slicks, weight reduction (back seats, spare and tools at least) and I/H/E + tuning shoulndt be out of the question. All in all you might stand a chance if you launch well. Do you have an EG with a b16a? if you do i say you're 70% there man.
I for one love Nissans, dayum!! my next car will most def be a Nissan but Im keepin' my hatch as well 'cose nothing beats a fast handlin' NA car in the track, not even a Nissan...

PS>Instead of just stating a yes/no answer and a generalised comment (eg. Turbo ownz yoo :shock: ) lets make this thread a bit more informative guys; state not only you opinions but also your experinces and recomendations...Lets give respect to the cars we drive is wot i trying to say...

XXpl0Sive
20-12-2003, 11:45 AM
This exact discussion was brought up on another forum (Nissan).
180 vs Type-R. Here's a quote from someone's post just out of interest:

If we didn't use piston engines, this debate wouldn't have gone this far --- it would have been far, far simpler. Their archaic design with their valves, cams, pistons, blah blah blah... why its still around is testament to large motor company's and unions protecting workers. if you pulled the piston engine, I tell you now, the Japanese economy, the US economy and much of Europe will go into financial recession almost immediately. It's so stupid. We're sitting here debating over which piston engine, one with greater efficiency because valve technology developed in the early 1900s sucked for anything over 4000rpm, and the other with turbo technology, designed for pretty much the same purpose, getting the darned piston engine to flow more than it does cos it sucks!

The fact that a manufacturer such as Honda have resorted to making up stuff like VTEC is just a testament to how pathetic the piston engine really is. It's holding everyone back. Nobody wants to change because all the car makers will have to throw away everything... their billion dollar partnerships with parts manufacturers that manufacture pistons, rods, etc... their workers and designers, all the mechanics around the world who are used to piston engines will feel betrayed because they spent their lives and their apprenticeships studying such machines only to have their years of experience made redundant. What about their ties with shipping companies that get regular business shipping engine parts? With freight companies. They'll feel betrayed too. Countries like Japan will go absolutely nuts. No no no, when you think about it, we're stuck with the stupid thing for at least another generation.

When a 140kw car loses 30kw's in "the drivetrain" making 4 pistons move up and down between a shaft, being bathed in oil so the thing doesn't overheat it makes you wonder we're still stuck back in the 1900s. All this chaos just to make some wheels move. The engine can't even "stop", so they invented the "idle" just so it won't become so imbalanced it'll shake the whole car. And guess what?! It's still around today. VW made a good attempt to do away with this, but looked like a fad.

Yes, piston technology is quite laughable. In the words of Reeve's Callaway (who hates the ICE himself, has this to say about these things):

"If you had to sit down and think about all the things required to make something as archaic as the internal combustion engine work, you'll go crazy! The device normally shouldn't work that well. But, after a century of development it really is a case of execution over design."

As far as this debate goes... heck, if the piston engine with a turbo is going to have trouble beating another piston engine which has its valve timing more efficiently actuated, heck that line right there is enough to make me cry and yearn for the future.

LatinoHatchCrap
20-12-2003, 02:19 PM
This exact discussion was brought up on another forum (Nissan).
180 vs Type-R. Here's a quote from someone's post just out of interest:

If we didn't use piston engines, this debate wouldn't have gone this far --- it would have been far, far simpler. Their archaic design with their valves, cams, pistons, blah blah blah... why its still around is testament to large motor company's and unions protecting workers. if you pulled the piston engine, I tell you now, the Japanese economy, the US economy and much of Europe will go into financial recession almost immediately. It's so stupid. We're sitting here debating over which piston engine, one with greater efficiency because valve technology developed in the early 1900s sucked for anything over 4000rpm, and the other with turbo technology, designed for pretty much the same purpose, getting the darned piston engine to flow more than it does cos it sucks!

The fact that a manufacturer such as Honda have resorted to making up stuff like VTEC is just a testament to how pathetic the piston engine really is. It's holding everyone back. Nobody wants to change because all the car makers will have to throw away everything... their billion dollar partnerships with parts manufacturers that manufacture pistons, rods, etc... their workers and designers, all the mechanics around the world who are used to piston engines will feel betrayed because they spent their lives and their apprenticeships studying such machines only to have their years of experience made redundant. What about their ties with shipping companies that get regular business shipping engine parts? With freight companies. They'll feel betrayed too. Countries like Japan will go absolutely nuts. No no no, when you think about it, we're stuck with the stupid thing for at least another generation.

When a 140kw car loses 30kw's in "the drivetrain" making 4 pistons move up and down between a shaft, being bathed in oil so the thing doesn't overheat it makes you wonder we're still stuck back in the 1900s. All this chaos just to make some wheels move. The engine can't even "stop", so they invented the "idle" just so it won't become so imbalanced it'll shake the whole car. And guess what?! It's still around today. VW made a good attempt to do away with this, but looked like a fad.

Yes, piston technology is quite laughable. In the words of Reeve's Callaway (who hates the ICE himself, has this to say about these things):

"If you had to sit down and think about all the things required to make something as archaic as the internal combustion engine work, you'll go crazy! The device normally shouldn't work that well. But, after a century of development it really is a case of execution over design."

As far as this debate goes... heck, if the piston engine with a turbo is going to have trouble beating another piston engine which has its valve timing more efficiently actuated, heck that line right there is enough to make me cry and yearn for the future. nice rant... :D

ginganggooly
20-12-2003, 05:46 PM
*grasping at straws argument*
what about character??
i find wringing the motor out for everything it has to be quite entertaining. even if the fruits of the labour are less... it might just be more fun. it depends on whether you are playing to win, or playing for personal gratification.

so there. :evil:

Setanta
23-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Boost has character too... especially when you smoke some NA fanboi who has sunk a fortune into his motor :P

As for the rant, it ignores the issue nicely by saying not much at all ;)

2ds
24-12-2003, 02:19 AM
the rant is crap. internal combustion engines are extremely efficient.
consider you can move 1 ton of metal 100km's on a measily 10litres of fuel.

how far can you run on 10 litres of milk pushing 1 ton of metal ?

(yes these are my approximate fuel consumption figures -=D)

if i drove my car sensibly i would get closer to 6-7litres per 100kms

to be perfectly honest the car makes havn't been able to make anything much better. electric engines are a logical next step because they are much more efficient than ICE. unfortunately battery technology sucks. this is why you only get 2-3 hours of use from your laptop, imaging trying to power a car!!!!

hence the LARGE sums of money being spent on fuel cell research.

the guy who wrote this post is clueless.

oh and as to V-tec being crap. why is everyone else using it now ? because it's a better way to design the engines. it's no more a stop gap measure then a turbo and it's far more elegant.

-2ds

2ds
24-12-2003, 02:26 AM
*grasping at straws argument*
what about character??
i find wringing the motor out for everything it has to be quite entertaining. even if the fruits of the labour are less... it might just be more fun. it depends on whether you are playing to win, or playing for personal gratification.

so there. :evil:

and yeah, i agree with this. I'd be happy with less power as long as i had an engine i could rev the crap out of =D

maybe i should de-tune my b16 =/

-2ds

ginganggooly
24-12-2003, 10:29 AM
as a friend of mine said the other day when discussing a sr20det conversion in a mk1 vw golf, "i'd prefer a twin webber'd gti engine in there". which i agree with.
when it comes to fun, there is more to it than sheer speed and power/torque. in the end, how do you quantify fun??

XXpl0Sive
24-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh and as to V-tec being crap. why is everyone else using it now ? because it's a better way to design the engines. it's no more a stop gap measure then a turbo and it's far more elegant.

Who is everyone? Do you meant V-TEC or Variable Valve Timing? because they are not the same.

2ds
24-12-2003, 01:47 PM
i meant variable valave timing. it was 2am i threw all technical correctness and spelling integrity to the wind.

i just kinda assumed you would all understand =)

-2ds

mo
24-12-2003, 03:50 PM
VTEC isn't everything *looks for ben for backup* :D:D:D

ginganggooly
24-12-2003, 05:56 PM
better yet, do it porsche style. variable cam phasing, two stage cam lift, *TWO* turbos, 6 cylinders and 4 cams!!!!!!!!! :P

seriously though, vtech pWn3z YOU!

bennjamin
24-12-2003, 11:19 PM
VTEC isn't everything *looks for ben for backup* :D:D:D

Yes -

gimme a Si with stockish ZC....running twin mikuni RS's injection , lumpy ass cams , ported Bisimoto header and NO freakin VEEEEE-teckkkk....good for a 13 second flat 1/4 easy....But what do i know. IT just seems VTEC is a "state of mind" - a level that one reaches - and has various effects upon differnt people.

BTW QUICKEST NA honda in the world - correct me if i am wrong - but the single cam d16y8 runs a "killer cam" - NO VTEC.

Setanta
24-12-2003, 11:25 PM
I still like the fact that my SBC ('76 Civic) that I built up with a bored and stroked motor, twin carbs, Jackson headers, mugen cam etc pumped 98bhp @ the front wheels and @ 680 kilos totally smoked the performance I get out of the SiR... and I suspect most VTIR Civics ... without VTEC and yet still remaining very drivable... go figure :)

bennjamin
25-12-2003, 09:32 PM
A similar setup to What Robert at Hannys has "under the sheets" so to speak ? :D

I hear ya Pete....pity most here wont.

But after experiencing some JDM dc2 ITR 's running around Super circuit in Osaka...running only killer cams and a un-identified side twin carb setup ( mikuni ? or similar) .... it just makes me wonder :)

If it wasnt illegal to convert my d16 i surely would. Well , just for loud , smelly petrol consuming fun ;)

Looneee
31-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Well Del Sol VS Stockish 180sx REDTOP. Weezer beat me! Twice.

So you never know.

LatinoHatchCrap
31-12-2003, 06:26 PM
just race it and find out dood...

LatinoHatchCrap
31-12-2003, 06:28 PM
which car u reckon is faster on drags on a rolling start ?? EG civic running the b16a vs a 180sx running the SR20DET Redtop. Both stock..

If you're both stock grab a cookie 'cose you're about to get smote :oops:

A'PEXi
31-12-2003, 11:52 PM
the guy didnt say vtec was crap in his rant?.... was just making a statement about piston engines and what companies have come up with to improve them?...

vtec - very tall engine cooling (you'll know what im on about if you've downloaded the video from my post in off-topic hahah :D )

anyway, regarding the best motoring video of the dc2r killing the s14, i've got it on my comp...the dc2r does infact have the s14 by 3rd...

dc2r - 14'746
s14 - 14'944

the r33 gtr does something like high 11 passes... i would assume the 34 would be similar, and the 32 may be mid 11's .... speed mag has said that the new nsx-r with its sussy tweaks, tighter lsd, type r rejig and major weight reduction allows it to outrun a r34 gtr from a standing start and can win circuit battles....

the r34 gtr vspec weighs 1560kg and is rated at 280ps, the nsx type s-zero weighs approx 1270kg and is rated at 280ps as well... in a circuit battle between these two stock cars, the best lap was actually made by the gtr 1'05 and the nsx made 1'06.... the type-r variant is once again lighter than the type s and further tweaked, so it shouldn't be a problem for it to beat the r34... if you start modding the r34 then the r34 comes ahead once again... in the end theres always going to be someone faster no matter how fast you are..

my suggestion is, you buy the car that suits you best, whether it be fi or not...

bennjamin
31-12-2003, 11:57 PM
stock the quickest gtr was the r32...best ever recording a 12.9 i believe. R33 is the slowest - being apparently the heaviest too.

But anyway....

Back to topic....why am i in here typing on my friends computer when there are many gorgeous girlies outside ? Oh, 180sx stock will beat a b16a stock powered " whatever" ...

Happy new year ! Bye !

n/a
03-01-2004, 12:09 AM
this is funny, yet frustrating the shit out of me..
who is comparing Honda to Nissan?

*dcii_sir no offense ;)

this is off topic..
gen5 VTi-R prelude keeps up with s15(oz).
both stock.
good match i reckon. H22A vs. SR20DET.

but a B16a and a SR20DET?

*i'll wait for the hostility from the Honda-lovers..

btw, isn't it fairly hard to find a "dead stock" 180?

A'PEXi
03-01-2004, 11:20 AM
b16a vs sr20det

sr20det wins - end of story.

Xenon
03-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Sorry to dissapoint the honda fans out there, but u can almost guarantee the sr20DET to walk all over the b16a.. assuming the 180 doesnt break down!

Close to stock 180sx will pull mid 14 quarter miles depending on the driver,..

Also a vtir prelude is no way close to the s15... one does low 16's while the other does mid 14's.

Setanta
03-01-2004, 10:41 PM
A similar setup to What Robert at Hannys has "under the sheets" so to speak ? :D

I hear ya Pete....pity most here wont.

LOL - I've seen what's under the sheets at Hannys... back in the late '80s when it belonged to Peter M. Quad-carb mugen motor and factory LSD with Kami/Mugen wings etc - nicest SBC I'd seen - other than mine ;)

bennjamin
03-01-2004, 10:46 PM
LOL - I've seen what's under the sheets at Hannys... back in the late '80s when it belonged to Peter M. Quad-carb mugen motor and factory LSD with Kami/Mugen wings etc - nicest SBC I'd seen - other than mine ;)

Respect to that indeed :)

DIDNT Pete destroy it on the track...and Robert simply got it and plans to rebuild at a later time ? ( im probably incorrect...)

I want Robert 2 retire NOW so i can see this car back into flavour :D

Setanta
03-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Peter got hit in the rear quarter when he was stationary on a main road and some fool ran straight up the back of him. This was just after he had got the arches flared etc. Robbie bought it off Peter, but had owned an RS1200 and a similar car to Peters as well.

I was pissed off- I wanted to buy it off Peter. Robbie beat me to it :(

Just don't ask Pete about getting his Yellow S800 T-boned :?

Taz
05-01-2004, 10:26 AM
I have owned 2 redtop SR20's. 1 NA in a silvia and 1 turbocharged in a 180sx. I have also owned 2 B16A Delsols. Im telling you now that the B16a does not have a chance with the 180sx. It could go ok against a NA SR20 but definately not a turbocharged SR!

civicboy
05-01-2004, 10:39 AM
hahahaha! B16A is nothin!

go the SR20'z! ;)

honda_fanatic
05-01-2004, 07:48 PM
i only say this
cos my cuz has a vtir ek, we had a white 180 on the way back from bankstown on sunday. So i sptted him, and told my cuz 2 fetch him. And he did. we slowwed down next to him, and all of a sudden he gives it, so we dropped a gear and went for him, i was spun out cos we were on his arse in no time. its wierd i know. Dont know alot about the 180, all i know it was turboed.

So yeah i have faith in the b16a2. cuz just got it, and we r loving the vtec.

joneblaze
05-01-2004, 08:15 PM
riiight.....

Setanta
05-01-2004, 09:59 PM
lol jon... beat me to it :P

n/a
06-01-2004, 07:23 AM
it's funny how everyone gets all these figures from websites and magazines, but lets not forget that 1/4miling is recorded under the best conditions on the bestest of days and with pretty good driver. in other words.. not on the streets!

Xenon i still reckon VTiR lude is close to the S15, with the S15 pulling in front :) i think this migth call for a other poll

[[d a n n y]]
06-01-2004, 11:00 AM
haha for the 180sx VS b16a well have to try ey?

might go against your bro duna...

lolz but i recon the result will be pretty obvious

n/a
06-01-2004, 04:27 PM
what you mean danny? i think you should tell all our viewers the result of a B16A against the SR20DET ;)

z10
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
the world's fastest sport compact drag car is honda powered civic. RWD NSX engine.

n/a
08-01-2004, 07:45 AM
lol!

NSX engine!

that's cheating and you know it z10!

LUD02C
08-01-2004, 11:08 AM
what kind of a retarded question is that??? :D

I totally agree!
This could be the stupidest thread on this forum!

180 would kill it...

Look in the Prelude section, Prelude Vs S15
People think about before you post

n/a
08-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Prelude Vs S15

LUD02C i honestly think it's a "well-done" job by Honda with the lude up against the S15.

LUD02C
10-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Prelude Vs S15

LUD02C i honestly think it's a "well-done" job by Honda with the lude up against the S15.

Wouldn't the S2000 be compared to the S15?

SLAVE
10-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Well Del Sol VS Stockish 180sx REDTOP. Weezer beat me! Twice.

So you never know.

Since when is Weezer stock?? And as for him, he can runs Taz's SR20DET 180SX ;) He he, how you doing Vinh???

I wont comment, Im spoiled by having only been in one 180SX, he he he... when you can watch it wind itself off the clock in the same time most Honda's take to get to 100 it gets respect. ;)

vzleo
25-12-2011, 02:02 PM
sr20det! provided they are both stock

NeedVtec
25-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Almost an 8 year bump, for that ^

Thanks.

TheSaint
27-12-2011, 02:09 PM
way way way too many variables ....

this comparison is completely pointless