PDA

View Full Version : gen5 vtir prelude??

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking at a 97-2001 vtir lude for my first car, all my mates have civics or tegs, my problem is that my knowledge of cars is pretty limited, just wondering if its a good idea getting a lude or if I should just get something simple like a bloody pulsar or hilux? Cheers.

kingjumbo
03-08-2011, 07:06 PM
prelude is and excellent choice.. you'll love it

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks mate! How do you think ill compare in performance? The civics are ed eg and ek b16a's I think... And the teg I'm not sure but its not vtec..

DTN
03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
It goes alrite but if your planning to mod it, aftermarket parts for a bb6 isnt as big compared with civics and tegs.

curtis265
03-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Consider civics and integras as racers cos they're light and zippy.the Prelude as a cruiser cos it's heavier and will never be as fast if you wanted to build it up.

aftermarket support isn't great but that's cos it's much more uncommon and unpopular due to the weight and lack of a type R variant.

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah that's why I chose a prelude, I'm a lot more looks orientated then the boys.. I want it to be pretty balanced.. lower it and some rimz for looks and a better set of speakers and maybe a sub, but what aftermarket performance mods are available for ludes? I'd just like to be able to keep up on range runs and long trips.. without being left Haha. Also, how would I go against a vy commy??

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah that's why I chose a prelude, I'm a lot more looks orientated then the boys.. I want it to be pretty balanced.. lower it and some rimz for looks and a better set of speakers and maybe a sub, but what aftermarket performance miss are available for lures? I'd just like to be able to keep up on range runs and long trips.. without being left Haha. Also, how would I go against a vy commy??
Mods*

curtis265
03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
you know you can edit your post right? lol

no idea against a vy commy.. Based on the stats i think you might beat a v6

in terms of mods you probably have a few IHE options... but at the end of the day it's a heavy FWD. I have an exhaust and ripped the resonator out of my intake... I don't really think the car's fast

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Haha oh thanks :p yeah just beating a six id be happy with. This has been eye opening, my mates say h22a's are weapons, I guess they are just not in a prelude Haha. Im still looking a them tho. Very sexy car, good for a cruise.. comfy, good audio. Nice and balanced...

curtis265
03-08-2011, 09:26 PM
yeah just too heavy unfortunately :(

but everything's leather and comfy so i'm cool with it

Preludes <3
03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Haha yeah :) a nice all rounder.. +1 for the help man :D here I was thinking it would be a rocket. None the less I'm still keen on them. Thank you :D

kingjumbo
04-08-2011, 05:46 PM
h22a prelude is not a slow car, way more torque and their pretty quick.. added with all the mod cons and style I'd struggle to ever buy a civic over a prelude.. but that's my personal choice as an ex 94' lude owner;) Back in the day when chromies were the master's choice of rims

lovelyqoo
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
i love my 5th gen, and it was my first car that ive owned. You will learn alot from it, driving wise and all and i like that fact that preludes dont really stand out and not that many people know what it is =P. Its got class, and in the daytime looks classy..but at night time when no ones around, let the h22a vtec engine go and you'll probably be surprised by how well it goes.

thats why i love my lude, good for a daily cruiser, and when you want abit of fun, it delivers that too.Plus it looks damn sexy.

Preludes <3
05-08-2011, 07:53 PM
:D Oh really?? Ah thats ****ing awesome n.n! REALLLY keen for it :D!! Thanks guys =)