PDA

View Full Version : EG GL - B18 Conversion?

zhong
05-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi All;

I'm quite an EG noob, just thought I'd ask for people's experiences with their B18 conversions... Basically, I have a 93 EG GL hatch (DUAL CARB) and would like to drop a B18 in it. As far as I know it's quite a straight forward swap over, but I just wanted to know the bits that needs modification as I have found that CARB needs to be EFI spec first before it's that easy..

So here I am asking for the true pro's out there for their advice on what is needed for the conversion. I have a whole 94 integra VTIR that I can take parts from to implant into the EG - so that's not a problem just want to know about the CARB>EFI thing.

What is needed to be done so that the conversion can run smoothly as people say? Engine loom? Transmission mounts? Engine mounts? Fuel lines? Fuel tank? Can I use the teg's Fuel tank? Do i need anything else if I have everything complete from a VTIR teg?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, depending on how much work it is I may attempt this myself. If you never did it or only 'read' of it, you need not speak. :zip:

Peace.

v__
05-08-2011, 12:46 PM
everything from dc2 can be used.

fuel tank. interior loom. engine loom. mounts etc.

if you have basically whole dc2. everything should be sweet.

zhong
05-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I was more or so just worried about the fuel lines... so DC2 can be just straight drop into the eg right? That will be so beautiful if it is! Can I use the rear brake setup too? I want to salvage as much as I can from the DC2.

hmetro24
05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
You do not need to swap lines at all. Just get Efi High pressure hose and connect it. I will take picture for my car lines

zhong
05-08-2011, 12:56 PM
^^^ That would be AWESOME thanks mate! I thought the lines that were needed were the metal ones.. But I guess, why not hey, HPS would do the job... Thanks for the help so far guys.

vtecing
05-08-2011, 12:59 PM
already got a dc2 donor? Piece of cake

zhong
05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Yes. Thank you, i just wanted to hear from people who has experience with it.

Just to confirm though, what parts will I take from the DC2? Well, inorder for the B18 to run in the EG.

- Engine
- Shift linkage
- Mounts
- Axles
- Loom
- ECU
- Fuel tank
- Brake setup

Then I guess I can scab:
- Seats
- And whatever else bloody fits hey? lol

Just need to confirm that my list is right - i just want to make sure I have EVERYTHING i need, as I have someone dropping it in for me.

Peace.

TheSaint
05-08-2011, 03:48 PM
rear swaybar, rear lower control arms, front upper chassis brace, back seat, front seats, dash, steering wheel, engine, gearbox, shift linkage, mounts, axles, loom, ecu, fuel tank, front and rear brakes, wheels,

pretty much everything ...

TheSaint
05-08-2011, 03:49 PM
if its a type-r there are a few extra goodies as well

zhong
05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
^^ Do they just all BOLT straight up? God damn, are the chasis the same or something?

mocchi
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
^^ Do they just all BOLT straight up? God damn, are the chasis the same or something?

god damn huh? i wonder if honda was just being cheapo or actually thought of this engine swap possibility.
i think they're just being cheapo and dont wanna r&d new chassis. and all this engine swap culture just happened to happen.

http://pic.phyrefile.com/p/po/polly/2010/10/04/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

zhong
05-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Why so serious.

mocchi
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
lol i was just joking around dude.
but as said previously, eg and dc pretty much have same chassis.

TheSaint
05-08-2011, 04:50 PM
EG/DC/Del Sol are all VERY similar chassis

imagine if they made an EG-R ... lol that would have been cool

zhong
06-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Sweet.

I should have it in there within 3 weeks. Will keep everyone updated so it's documented once and for all.

Thanks for all the replies! PS. You guys mind to share some photos of your bay?

zhong
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Anyone wrecking an EG EFI model, or have spare parts lying around - PM me!! I need stuff..

TheSaint
08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
make a WTB thread and have a good look through the FS threads - u should find everything u need =)

zhong
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I have.. but I'm not finding everything I need haha..

Do i need an EG EFI Fusebox? Can't I just use the one from the DC2? And it seems I need the EG EFI Cabin-Loom and run some custom wiring?

I think I might be a little confused... If I'm using the DC2 gear (engine/loom/everything), why do I need to custom wire to sensors etc? Doesn't the engine loom plug right into the ECU - as I'll be using it's same ECU? I'm assuming I'll need an in cabin loom to re-work the interior lights/dash etc... but I'm sure this can be modified slightly to get the new speed signal etc right? And maybe run some wires from the fuel pump etc..

It'll be great if someone could tell me EXACTLY what is needed for a GL (Twin Carb) > B18 conversion!

hmetro24
08-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Carbie and Efi are different, so to do this swap you need Efi loom efi fuse box( underdash and underhood fusebox), so the carbie loom, underdash and underhood fusebox are useless. Do not take my work on this> you can take all wires(loom) from dc2 and put them on eg. so you will have all wiring .
Which Obd is 94 dc2 ?

Anyone wrecking an EG EFI model, or have spare parts lying around - PM me!! I need stuff..
if you have dc2, why do you need parts? you have everything

zhong
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
^^^ That's what i'm confused about! lol

zhong
10-08-2011, 01:54 PM
No longer confused. :)

CivicEGSI
11-08-2011, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=mocchi;3061256]god damn huh? i wonder if honda was just being cheapo or actually thought of this engine swap possibility.
i think they're just being cheapo and dont wanna r&d new chassis. and all this engine swap culture just happened to happen.

Feels good man.