PDA

View Full Version : b18 ek radiator

unl3a5h
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
hi all, just got my car back from good performance centre today after swapping a b18c into my ek. firstly good performance centre really is a top workshop great service and work. secondly i opted to use my standard d16 ek radiator until i can buy an aluminium half size one just wanted to know whether it is normal for the car to overheat quite alot like the needle was almost at the top. when im driving and there is wind coming in it is at half or below half when i come to a stop it begins to climb is this normal? i thought it would do a better job than that. also are the no brand half size radiators any good i dont really have enough for a koyo.

leok
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Not too sure if the D16 EK radiator provides enough cooling for the b18c. If the engine is overheating it could be that or an issue with the thermostat. I'm assuming you've checked the coolant levels?

unl3a5h
08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
im assuming the mechanic would have checked coolant levels. the car has been cooling alot better today so im still not sure why it would have become so hot wasnt giving it too much pain. thanks anyways mate

Sleepy.
08-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Not too sure if the D16 EK radiator provides enough cooling for the b18c. If the engine is overheating it could be that or an issue with the thermostat. I'm assuming you've checked the coolant levels?

Ive used an EG3 Breeze radiator for a B18C with no issues.
Check thermostat as mentioned above ^
After coming home from a drive leave your car on & stationary, then inspect that your cooling fan switches on.
(just give it a while as it takes a couple of mins)

big tone
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I've had my conversion since 2005 ek1 with b18c7 and I'm still running the d16y4 radiator. I also track my car at lakeside and QR I've had 1 issue with it overheating but that was due to following another car for a full lap.

unl3a5h
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
yeh its started to get better not really overheating much it was just that first day and i didnt even vtec....much hehe

leok
19-08-2011, 12:48 PM
A friend of mine recently had overheating issues on his EG hatch. Apparently his water pump needed to be replaced. When you did the conversion, did your water pump get replaced?

unl3a5h
20-08-2011, 01:16 AM
yep new water pump all seals belts everything was brand new its all good now though very weird the first day it went like that.