PDA

View Full Version : My EK4 project

Jerry92
07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey guys thought i would let you all in on my secret EK build :), well i brought the car 6 months ago and it has had a fair few modifications done since i brought it. Theses mods include 306 deg VTEC camshafts, full rebuilt head with high flowed ports, new VIPEC ecu and the list goes on. But this was all done on a B16b and i do enjoy it as 165hp at 9500 rpm is great but im in need of more. It had when i brought it apexi n1+ pros coilovers, ASR chassis bracing, lower camber arms and full ek9 interior.
I recently sold all the interior and atm has stock ek seats. On the way from the mother land are a few goodies such as Bride ZETA III, miracle x bracing and takata harnesses. Sound deadening has been removed and will be painted championship white. I have also got carbon fibre sheets to blank door cars and vents
As for the motor well it is a B16b but am currently trying to sell as a full setup including gearbox, drive shafts, ecu and mounts. In its place i have now got a K24 block and a K20 head along with a 6 speed transmission :D once my old motor has sold ill be getting new pistons that are 13.3 compression, forged H beam rods, knifedged crankshaft, titanium valve train and 330 deg VTEC killer camshafts. To run all of this will be a Hondata K Pro and will be getting ITBs for intake. 3 inch pipe will make it all sound like it should :D.
I will be also transforming it to an EK9 with all bumpers and side skirts used for one. Wheels with be meshies of some sort hopefully BBS but i will be using my weds as race rims with semis wrapping them.
All in all should be one fast machine and im hopeing to brake into some very quick times around circuits. Ill keep you all posted and thanks alot for reading and following this build. Once completed will be attending ALL ozhonda meets in queensland. Thanks again guys and any help and info of any parts will be much appreciated.

For now i leave you with photos that are taken before i started this project and more will be posted through out build

Jerry

Mr.Brightside
07-08-2011, 11:15 PM
nice, engine bay pics?

Oz_Striker
08-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Sounds like an interesting build. Don't forget to think about how your going to get this little rocket to slow down!

Banana_hammock
08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Fair jealous there. Ek civic with a k block is just the dream. Those seats are to die for!! And don't forget a sick brakes setup as mentioned before..need to slow the beast down safely hehe

Jerry92
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
hey guys i only have a pic of old setup new one im building atm, and im not sure what sort of brakes to use, brembos, wilwood, endless, alcon im still figuring that one out

ouch
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
phwwoooooar looks goood mate

Mr.Brightside
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Have you considered stoptech brakes? IMO spoon or itr calipers would be enough stopping power.
This build for track or weekend warrior?
Keep up the good work.

Jerry92
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
to tell you the truth i didnt know about them i will have to look into it any good recommended suppliers ?? It will be for track use but registered so i can drive on weekends. but i will only be driving to meets as saves arguments with police. Thanks guys once done ill be seeing you all at meets

DC2-PWR
08-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Lookin good bro keep up the good work, EK4 looks clean!!

GSi_PSi
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
love white hondas, especially k series ones haha :P

u mad?
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
love white hondas, especially k series ones haha :P
that makes two of us :p

cars lookin good op, will be an animal when its done. Have you thought about supercharging a standard k24?

SajadEG
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
just wondering, with k swaps in ek's is there need for welding engine bay to compensate size

Jerry92
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
that makes two of us :p

cars lookin good op, will be an animal when its done. Have you thought about supercharging a standard k24?

Im an NA fan, otherwise for more power yes, but to me nothing like the sounds at 11000rpm of a natro honda

Jerry92
09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
just wondering, with k swaps in ek's is there need for welding engine bay to compensate size

nah man just an ekk2 engine mount kit from hasport and few bits and pieces but no cutting

dc292177917
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
http://youtu.be/x_MNSCSYowc

the trans am will pbly be replaced with a hommodore lol