PDA

View Full Version : S2K severly keyed and roof slashed again

ALPS
09-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok, So my car was keyed and scratched even more two nights ago, with a bigger slash in there. Call AAMI, took my car in for assesment. Paid for the Claim on their request. 2100. I just got a call now with them saying that because it was keyed on two different events / which you could clearly tell the marks were aged by a few weeks. I have to make 2 claims.!!! 4200!!! :( i tried to dispute and say regardless of whether the key marks were there or not, they would of had to respray the whole car anyway. he couldn't answer me when i asked because we both know it's true. i got really upset and he said that either that or he can get the repairer to quote how much extra the two old key marks repair will cost additionally and i'll have to pay that amount. this is just ridiculous, and i cant believe what joy some bunch of idiots will get by doing this to my car. for a car that i bought for 23500. i've spent well and truely over 40gs buying and repairing it to date withing 8 months. not even Modding it!!! i'm soo upset i don't even know what to be thinking at this point. i still have to spend another 2gs minimum to get my clutch and gearbox thread replaced which is almost on its way. and then get a gate put at my house so i can put my car in the backyard and off the street. when the car get's resprayed, im definate itll be vandalised again if i leave it outside. past month i've already spent 400 on wheel alignment and 500 on master and slave cylinder. anyway enough of me bragging, but it's not like im a millionaire. i've had no money left for my self. barely keeping up with bills. i don't want to have to get rid of this car for 20 gs if im lucky, because no one will buy it. I dont want to lose the already 20gs extra ive spent on it.

keo
09-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Bro, i'll say sell it. It's not worth the trouble its giving you, sell the car find a better area to live in get your finances up to actually live. You have your whole life to buy an S2K, dont let a car make you turn into the streets buddy.
Good luck

seihoa
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
that sucks. But why did u report it the 2nd time? Should of just left it then they would of repaired the 2nd scratch regardless since they would of had to respray the panel.

Also seems like someone hates u .... either move the car intro the garage or backyard Or camp outside with a bat waiting.

ALPS
09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
that sucks. But why did u report it the 2nd time? Should of just left it then they would of repaired the 2nd scratch regardless since they would of had to respray the panel.

Also seems like someone hates u .... either move the car intro the garage or backyard Or camp outside with a bat waiting.

only the boot and rear right panel was keyed. Now the hood front bumper and whole left side has also been keyed. 'apparently' they wouldve only sprayed the keyed panels. which is bullocks because the colour would not have matched the rest of the car.

seihoa
09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Should of called up to re-correct the claim saying u noticed they scratched the hood n front bar but failed to notice it... but its too late now.

VeYzZii
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Buy a pitbul..

ducbui91
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
buy a gun

jesses2k
10-08-2011, 10:53 AM
nothing worse than being keyed :( Sorry to hear, hopefully you get stuff sorted and it doesn't happen again :S..

sounds like a terrible area though

zhong
10-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Badluck man.. But it seems like you're spending way too much money to get things done.. $500 for a master/slave cylinder? Seriously? It only took me 30minutes to change out both of them, and it was my first time on the S. I bought OEM parts brand new for about $250 at most. I just want to know where you spent $20k repairing things, I'm not doubting you, but I'm just saying $20k is alot of money to fork out for repairs.

ALPS
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Badluck man.. But it seems like you're spending way too much money to get things done.. $500 for a master/slave cylinder? Seriously? It only took me 30minutes to change out both of them, and it was my first time on the S. I bought OEM parts brand new for about $250 at most. I just want to know where you spent $20k repairing things, I'm not doubting you, but I'm just saying $20k is alot of money to fork out for repairs.

i'd love to sit down and add up all the costs and explain them all, but right now i don't have too much time as i'm at work. i will do when i get a chance. I've just heard back and now it's apparently gone into Investigation and a different team is looking into it. I've been told i'll here from them on friday! i've paid 2100 and now i have no idea what's happening with my car and they're wasting my time. this is just ridiculous.

williamwong
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
freshly key every panel on the car yourself and then make a claim?

chriis2k
10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Scums of the earth... This is why i'm scared to park my car anywhere! Best of luck to you!

ALPS
11-08-2011, 01:08 AM
freshly key every panel on the car yourself and then make a claim?

bit late for that! lol i swear if i knew they were gonna do this. i wouldve gone over the old ones.

hitoriko
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
where abouts do you live?!

ALPS
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
so i argued with the guy badly. when they investigated they actually found all the different posts on here and the different dates on all the key marks and when the roof was slashed. even though on the incident from this sunday night that past they had slashed my roof, they're telling me that because it was slashed prior i need to pay another claim for that. so 3 in total. $6300 in excess. the roof was only lightly slashed and not as severe as the instance on sunday. but apparently because it already had damage on there it doesnt matter. i am really upset and pissed off with insurance. paying 5900 premium and 2100 excess thinking i should be safe, oh wait times that by 3. dont know where they mentioned that when i was signing up. and now they tell me they wont do any of the repairs but only cash settle. so give me the money they get quoted for the reapir. he's agreed to make 2 claims and not worry about the third. i just find this ridiculous and dont know if ill get anywhere going to consumer affairs. 4200 excess. is it worth it considering i'll get all the money to repair the car? will i find a cheaper repairer and have cash left over from it? any opinions and suggestions would be great guys

khanguskhan
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow man, sucks to hear that, 4200 is it possible to get a respray + new top for that? and holy shit you pay 5900 premium who the hell is this with??

ALPS
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
AAMI was the cheapest. im 20 and on green P's and im male. makes a big difference.

khanguskhan
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Ouchies, back when I scraped the front bumper on my brand new subaru I was getting a quote for it to be fixed (just scraped the bottom nothing major), was about to be charged 1-1.5g? bloody next thing I know i failed to merge lanes and kissed another car's ass so there was paint scraping on my left fender and bumper allowing the lot to be changed for my excess. Equaled to around 1g

AusS2000
11-08-2011, 08:22 PM
AAMI are very agreeable when it comes to buying the policy, not so when it is time for them to pay out.

Stig
11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
im sure justcar wouldve been a cheaper option, anyway if you're making that much of a claim, might as well use that money for a hardtop and full respray

but it does sound like youre paying alot to get things fix... 400 for a wheel alignment? daym!

Nismo3oi
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
20K Worth of repairs??? Who are doing these repairs for you? $400 for a wheel alignment? should be like $80, you're getting ripped off. How bad was your car when you bought it? Maybe you should have forked out abit more and gotten something that was in better condition.

Read your PDS again and maybe speak to a lawyer, its ridiculous how they are making you pay multiple excess. Might as well cancel your claim and drive your car into a pole and write it off. I hate AAMI dealth with them once and never again. "Unlucky you're with AAMI"

Edit: Shouldnt matter if the damages occured at different times, as you are making 1 claim to fix them altogether.

VeYzZii
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
ALPs, check your inbox.

Indie
12-08-2011, 12:52 AM
You're not in a position to be driving that car, plain and simple. You can't accommodate it in a safe place, you're paying ridiculous amounts of money to insure it, and you're wasting a house deposit on repairs.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, as it's an awful thing to do to someone's car, but you've bitten off more than you can chew in several ways. You should have looked forward to owning a performance car when the time was right, instead of buying an S2000 at twenty years old, and possibly having it ruin the enjoyment of car ownership for you.

$6000 worth of insurance should have told you immediately that you'd be wasting your time and money, not to mention the fact that your mechanic seems to have seen you coming.

Sorry to be blunt, and I really do wish you all the best, but really... 20 year-olds don't own S2000s for a reason.

anzai
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
AAMI was the cheapest. im 20 and on green P's and im male. makes a big difference.

you get what you pay for. simple rule in life.

zhong
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Take it further with the onbudsman, because paying 3 excesses is just ridicilous. Just tell them that you don't think it's fair the way they asessed your situation and that you want to take further action before making a claim. Just claim for the biggest damage as one claim, then deal the rest directly with the person who is repairing it - usually they let you upgrade the repair.

But I'd say, Cancel all of it, for $6k, you can easily get a brand new OEM top and a RESPRAY for the entire car - labour inclusive! People may think a paintjob for the S2K is very expensive, because it's a nice car and all but NO, REALITY is that you will use LESS PAINT, and spraying the entire car isn't that BIG of a job because of it's size etc. Don't get me wrong, paint COULD cost alot more depending on the paint combination and where you go.

$5600 for insurance premium, and a $2100 excess is seriously WTF. Buy third party insurance, and if by any chance you get into an accident, dig your pockets - it'll be cheaper in the end IMO. My AUDI TT MK2 insured with premium of $1,200 (Yes, cheaper than my S) with agreed value of $46,000 with excess of $500 per claim - yes I'm 25 but look at the difference - with Justcar. The insurance on the S is slightly higher, for whatever reason.

Sigh.. I feel for ya man.. But Goodluck with it all.

s2kjn
12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
You're not in a position to be driving that car, plain and simple. You can't accommodate it in a safe place, you're paying ridiculous amounts of money to insure it, and you're wasting a house deposit on repairs.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, as it's an awful thing to do to someone's car, but you've bitten off more than you can chew in several ways. You should have looked forward to owning a performance car when the time was right, instead of buying an S2000 at twenty years old, and possibly having it ruin the enjoyment of car ownership for you.

$6000 worth of insurance should have told you immediately that you'd be wasting your time and money, not to mention the fact that your mechanic seems to have seen you coming.

Sorry to be blunt, and I really do wish you all the best, but really... 20 year-olds don't own S2000s for a reason.

I owned one and still do, since I was 19. I think what u mean to say is '20 yr olds who dont have a solid income stream, don't drive s2k's"

chriis2k
12-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm 19 and I also own/ drive an s2000..

hasto2770
12-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm 19 and I also own/ drive an s2000..

Want a medal bro ;) I'm
20 and drive an EK :( I can only wish to own an s2k

s2kjn
12-08-2011, 09:55 AM
^ exactly. Those who are responsible enuf do drive s2ks. In fact, no matter how old u are. But each to their own, some ppl learn from their experiences as oppose to mistakes

chriis2k
12-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Want a medal bro ;) I'm
20 and drive an EK :( I can only wish to own an s2k

lool no, i was just further expanding on what 's2kjn' said

ncmx5
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
wow. **** your life man.... really bad luck. can't you just tell them that you only want to make the third claim?? Like the roof, tell them to replace it...and if they want they can slash it... and the respray, tell them that if they really want, they can mark the car with the original key... see what they say.

h3nno
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM

My fiance and I have an s2000 and an Audi A4. We used to have an 8th gen civic, before it got stolen and burnt out :(. I am 21 and she is 20. We have been living out of home for... 2 years? - No money from mummy and daddy, all hard earned money.

But, correct the amount of money we have spend on cars easily adds up to a deposit on a home loan not to mention + 1st home owners grant x2.

For the S I think I pay ~$1,600 and a $550 excess.

h3nno
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Take it further with the onbudsman, because paying 3 excesses is just ridicilous. Just tell them that you don't think it's fair the way they asessed your situation and that you want to take further action before making a claim. Just claim for the biggest damage as one claim, then deal the rest directly with the person who is repairing it - usually they let you upgrade the repair.

But I'd say, Cancel all of it, for $6k, you can easily get a brand new OEM top and a RESPRAY for the entire car - labour inclusive! People may think a paintjob for the S2K is very expensive, because it's a nice car and all but NO, REALITY is that you will use LESS PAINT, and spraying the entire car isn't that BIG of a job because of it's size etc. Don't get me wrong, paint COULD cost alot more depending on the paint combination and where you go.

$5600 for insurance premium, and a $2100 excess is seriously WTF. Buy third party insurance, and if by any chance you get into an accident, dig your pockets - it'll be cheaper in the end IMO. My AUDI TT MK2 insured with premium of $1,200 (Yes, cheaper than my S) with agreed value of $46,000 with excess of $500 per claim - yes I'm 25 but look at the difference - with Justcar. The insurance on the S is slightly higher, for whatever reason.

Sigh.. I feel for ya man.. But Goodluck with it all.

From what I have been quoted paint jobs are quite expensive for the S. For a full paint job (Engine bay, door trims .ect) I have been quoted 10-15K but that is sand blasting the panels and respraying with a pearlesent / pastel colour. It would be cheaper for individual panels (door, fender, rear bumper) but the most expansive part of the respray is the labour. Paint is relatively cheap in the gran scheme.

JN7
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
lol at the 20 year olds getting all defensive..

vyets
12-08-2011, 11:23 AM
My fiance and I have an s2000 and an Audi A4. We used to have an 8th gen civic, before it got stolen and burnt out :(. I am 21 and she is 20. We have been living out of home for... 2 years? - No money from mummy and daddy, all hard earned money.

But, correct the amount of money we have spend on cars easily adds up to a deposit on a home loan not to mention + 1st home owners grant x2.

For the S I think I pay ~$1,600 and a $550 excess.

wtf that's so cheap lol i pay 2k and I'm 24 :(

What company are you with I'm switching !

and 10-15k paint job holi crap ! that's expensive as but it must be superb job! :thumbsup:

I just think it's not the best car to learn on. Though the price of the car is cheap now days, parts are still expensive, and when it comes to fixing labour mechs will rip you off because it's a s2000. If you don't know much about cars you will have your ass handed too you.

Also now you know why it's not always the best idea to post evey single little problem on the internets anyone can find them :)

In other news I agree with the others just cancel it mate, for that amount you can easily get a full respray and new soft top.

Nismo3oi
12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
From what I have been quoted paint jobs are quite expensive for the S. For a full paint job (Engine bay, door trims .ect) I have been quoted 10-15K but that is sand blasting the panels and respraying with a pearlesent / pastel colour. It would be cheaper for individual panels (door, fender, rear bumper) but the most expansive part of the respray is the labour. Paint is relatively cheap in the gran scheme.

There's no need for him to respray the whole car inside out. He just needs the exterior panels painted which should be about 4k

h3nno
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
wtf that's so cheap lol i pay 2k and I'm 24 :(

What company are you with I'm switching !

I am with AAMI as well, but will be switching VERY soon (even if I have to pay more). 1999 AP1, agreed value of 25k 100% stock.

and 10-15k paint job holi crap ! that's expensive as but it must be superb job! :thumbsup:

You would defiantly hope so, I do believe the soft top needs to come out to get to thoes two rectangular pieces on either side of the boot (I could be wrong). Far left hand side of image.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/571/390020610.jpg

As you know soft top removal / installation is ~10 hours alone.

I just think it's not the best car to learn on. Though the price of the car is cheap now days, parts are still expensive, and when it comes to fixing labour mechs will rip you off because it's a s2000. If you don't know much about cars you will have your ass handed too you.

Also now you know why it's not always the best idea to post evey single little problem on the internets anyone can find them :)

Correct I also would strongly recommend getting all work carried out by a reputability mechanic and not Honda...

lol yes, your car resell value might have dropped a bit since this thread. :p

ALPS
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM

LOL! it's not i can't afford it. I can, i have a steady income. it's just a waste of money and pointless crap is what i'm upset about. i haven't been able to spend my money modding it. but more keeping it running. it was my first second hand car i bought and made a mistake buying it with no roadworthy. and not getting it checked thoroughly. now i know what to look out for when buying a second hand car because anything that could go wrong. did go wrong with this car. it's unfortunate but in a way, i know now everything has almost been replaced on my car and it will be running smooth. i've got heavy duty axles with different cv joints on there to handle any angle and a pounding as the previous shafts snapped after a couple of months. when i bought the car i had to get the brakes overhauled, spark plugs changes, air filter changed, put back to oem suspension as it had king springs in there, wheel alignment from honda because nowhere else would do a proper wheel alignemnt. car had major steering issues. towing costs from when the cv broke down on me twice. one on each side. clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. i was just saving to have my clutch and flywheel changed is it was on its way. the previous owner had it serviced by ultratune and they stuffed the threading on the gearbox oil fill plug. so that also needs to be somehow fixed. there's alot more bits an bobs which ended up costing me heaps. insurance alone has cost me heaps aswell. i really cant be bothered writing a detailed amount and things repaired post but alot of things have been changed. i guess it is about me being picky and choosing the best options which are abit more costly as i do want a really neat and smooth ride that doesnt deel soo loose and like its going to fall apart on me. i've been in other s2s and i do feel like mines alot smoother. i dont want to get rid of it. i can afford to keep it, but keeping in mind i prob wont be able to save for a house going like this :p i love my car to bits. it's just finding reliable mechanics and people to deal with which is the tough part.

vyets
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
aami wouldn't let me get insurance with them at all LOL told me to go justcar they told me they dont insure anyone under 25 :(
but yea justcar is just another division of aami anyway dam maybe i'll call and complain LOL

ALPS
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh yerh, my insured amount was only 16700. it went upto 19700 because ive got a 3 thousand dollar sound system.

h3nno
12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
aami wouldn't let me get insurance with them at all LOL told me to go justcar they told me they dont insure anyone under 25 :(
but yea justcar is just another division of aami anyway dam maybe i'll call and complain LOL

bahahaha serious? Always been with AAMI since 17 - 17 and a half. Got the S when I was early 20's.

vyets
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh man I'm jealous, could also be because I'm an asian from the western suburbs of melbourne, not excatly the best mix LOL.

Noone is going to remove the soft top just for those 2 little rectangle pieces man, they will just spay with it on. Anyone can do a proper alignment Honda uses same tools as anyone else.

Stock shafts should be alright as long as you don't chalk it up too often

Yea the rule what you pay is what you get majority of the time works.. but sometimes it's clear to say you just got a new asshole ripped lol.

LEWD
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Dont waste time consulting the ombudsman etc, they are correct in identifing them as separate insurance events and hence them requesting separate excesses to be paid. You would probably have more luck pleading with them on the grounds of hardship and for $5,900 premium they receive and $2,100 excess, you are paying a decent chunk anyway. Obviously if you have tried it on with them previously, they probably won't be so receptive.

It sucks, and I feel for you...good luck.

s2kjn
12-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Lol at he who couldn't own an S at 20 :)

JN7
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Lol at he who couldn't own an S at 20 :)

lol at the bloke who opens his mouth and is clueless.
i am 20 and own a s2000, thanks brudda.

AusS2000
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
It's the black trim between the roof and the body that is the issue. The final time I had AAMI contract the work on my car the repairer contacted me and told me AAMI wouldn't authorize him to remove that strip so you could see where the paint butted up against it. That's was the last straw with AAMI. I demanded a full respray at the repairer of my choosing and a hire car, or a new car. I got the former.

ALPS
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
lol at the bloke who opens his mouth and is clueless.
i am 20 and own a s2000, thanks brudda.

haha i knew this! was just waiting for it. lol. hey how'd you go with the clutch change?

AusS2000
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I gotta say, most 20 yo can't really afford an S2000. I mean they cost $20+k to buy, $5k a year to ensure, $5k (guesstimate) a year for a garage to house them in and $2k a pop for insurance claims when you don't. When you're full of piss and vinegar it's easy to overlook these things though.

I was on a pretty good wicket when I was 20 but still couldn't really afford a car like this. Probably still would have bought one though.

ncmx5
12-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Maybe just order a new top from overseas and get someone to install it.... $600 labour or something. There's a guy who does it in Kew... seen him listed on ebay before. Wait a while for the respray... that's not an urgent issue...

zhong
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM

$10-15k for a paint job on the S.. Really? I don't think painting even an AMG SLK would cost that much. You could almost buy another S2K for that price, or even 2 containers of HID's.. Seriously that's just wrong. Most paint jobs range from $2000-$6000 for a complete respray, if you're paying anymore than that - you should really PM me for parts LOL All to their own though, I'd never pay that much for a paint job, just like a while back someone was selling their AP2 seats for $3,500 (price dropped) on firesport. LOL

ALPS
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
guys, even though the key marks and slash are soo bad! i'm thinking of leaving it as it is and just seeing if i can get a temporary patch up done on the roof and just drive it as it is until i can get a decent place to park it. thinking of getting a gate and then a shelter built so i can drive it and leave it in the back yard. and also some surveillance. Then after a couple of months i'll save and then get it repaired. i dont think there's any point getting it repaired if i dont have a secure place to park it. I still need to get my clutch changed and gearbox fill plug repaired. i think i'll get all that done first.

greek_rambos2k
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
dont pay 2 claims thats stupid. also call the cops and take a think about who might have a problem with you. it sounds like its a targeted attack.