PDA

View Full Version : Power steering rack leaking internally :-\

Temp3st
10-08-2011, 08:58 AM
So my mechanic told me today that my power steering rack was leaking internally and will need to be replaced soon. Now I was thinking about swapping in a dc2r rack when I do my motor swap but I was wondering are there other aftermarket options?

Cheers,

Vik.

vtecing
11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
QUAIFE quick ratio steering rack (no p/s)

Temp3st
11-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah nah I like my power steering lol just gonna go with ITR steering rack and cross member. That and it probably cost at least double what I'm willing to pay :P

mytfoz
12-08-2011, 03:10 AM
assyming ur getting a whole half cut? to do conversion?
if so then make sure u get steering shaft and steering joint. i havent changed mine over yet but i think you might need the steering joint.
or i thinks its direct bolt on.
or if u want can check the teeth both racks.
good luck man.

mytfoz
12-08-2011, 03:18 AM
assuming ur getting a whole half cut? to do conversion?
if so then make sure u get steering shaft and steering joint. i havent changed mine over yet but i think you might need the steering joint.
good luck man.

mytfoz
12-08-2011, 03:20 AM
assuming ur getting a whole half cut? to do conversion?
good luck man.

vtecing
12-08-2011, 08:06 AM
yes its a direct fit but you need to use the dc2r uni joint

mocchi
12-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah nah I like my power steering lol just gonna go with ITR steering rack and cross member. That and it probably cost at least double what I'm willing to pay :P

http://i.qkme.me/4po6.jpg

why do you need the subframe too?
doesnt have to be itr u-joint, can use any dc2 u-joint.
steering rack bolts on to eg subframe. only need steering rack + u-joint.
eg u-joint is too small for itr rack.

Temp3st
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't need the cross member too, but I'm getting it at a very good price so I figured why not. Ill have to get my hands on a u joint then thanks guys!