PDA

View Full Version : Rear drivers side window not working

ageos
11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi All
I've just come back from a month overseas and noticed by rear drivers side window on my 1998 Honda civic GLI is not responding. Before my trip it was working. Both master and door window switches do not work. All other windows work fine.
The fuse (interior) for that window is ok as well.
Before I got and take it into someone to look at I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas what the issue could be?
Thanks

THE 2BSEEN
14-08-2011, 05:56 PM
The motors could of seized up or come unpluged or no power getting to them. take the door skin off (which who ever you will get to look at will have to do). cheak to make sure its not unplugged an hook a test light or led to the plugs. when the buttons are press it could light up saying theres power getting there. if no power, chase it back. normaly theres one fuse for all doors. tell me how you go

ageos
14-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I actually had a chance to crack it open this afternoon. Did a test on it and determined there was power running along the line to the motor.

THE 2BSEEN
14-08-2011, 06:17 PM
I actually had a chance to crack it open this afternoon. Did a test on it and determined there was power running along the line to the motor.

were you able to find a nic or brake in the wire. could wires of been pulled could try running a new wire from the same wire back futher where it wouldnt of got damaged