PDA

View Full Version : My First Honda

EuroAccord13
14-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi guys, a friend of mine referred me to this forum.
I am owning my first Honda and awaiting delivery of it

It's a 2.4L Inline 4 i-VTEC DOHC Euro Accord and I am having problems finding modification parts for this car.

I like to build Sleeper N/A car and my plans will be the usual bolt on mods plus internal engine work.

Any advice or help on where I can buy mods for this car will be greatly appreciated

CHEERS!

Slugoid
14-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Hello there ;)

I've been looking for K24A engine mods (as my sig suggest) for a while now (even looked at mods for the Acura TSX) and so far the mods are really limited. Exhaust and CAI are the only things moddable, and there's still not much news reguarding headers, extractors, cams etcs. However, there is a big interest in the US about a turbo kit for the TSX, but only speculation I reckon. In Japan, they don't even bother modding the K24A engines as they have the Accord Euro-R over there, which shares the same engine as the DC5R.

Since this is a relatively new car, I'd say give it more time until proper mods are available. Thing u gotta remember is that the K24A is not a performance engine. It's made for everyday driving (more torque, lower redline) and maximum fuel economy (i-VTEC). Not trying to say "don't mod it" (as I'm also tempted to mod mine as well), but don't expect it to turn into some Type-R killer.

Calvo
14-12-2003, 09:23 PM
very nice man, but r u sure u wanna start moddin it so soon? coz bein a new car, it will void the warranty, im not discouraging u coz it'll be fkin sweet to have a modded euro, but ur warranty will go bye bye :D

anyways, happy modding :P

EuroAccord13
15-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Hi all again;

So far I've only found the part number for the K and N Typhoon CCA kit for the car. Toda Racing is getting back to me regarding the cams, as for the exhaust, I think I have to get custom 4-1 headers.

I don't really care about the warranty of the car it's just a risk I have to take like what I did to my magna, which I blew the engine 2 weeks ago. but of course, I will let the car run in first.

CHEERS

euro77
15-12-2003, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the purchase bro! I know you'll be happy with it, as I am happy with it :D

Yeah, mods are relatively rare being a new car. Probably in a year or so then we'll start seeing more mods for the car. I can't even find the k&n panel filter for the car yet!

poid
15-12-2003, 07:18 AM
give it a few months, the K series are mighty engines and there will be parts galore coming out for them once they are tested and proven :)

eknine
15-12-2003, 08:55 AM
congrate on your buy, the only guy that i know that made mod to is one of the forumer "AP1 F20C"...give me a pm , i sure he will led you to something:)

A'PEXi
15-12-2003, 04:25 PM
when the euro came out, honda sent us a letter saying that this car had a bit of punch in it as well, rather than being just your average family sedan.... something like 140kw (factory claimed at the fly)... which isnt bad for a 2.4... as slug mentioned before tho, still a relativley new car so mods will be limited... aem has an intake system for them i believe....

EuroAccord13
24-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Ok, this is the update, I really can't wait another month for the car to arrive so I have changed the colour to the Blue one, supposingly only used in the Euros and the Integras.. Delivery is still Febuary though...

CHEERS

AP1 F20c
24-12-2003, 01:16 PM
http://www.clubtsx.com/ ... Bring your Euro discussions, issues, and whatever else there instead. And what sorta budget are you talking about and what are you trying to gain before you go into tuning a virtually brand new car than JDM tuners like Spoon are still doing major R&D work? I can tell you a replacement performance part for every common major component in the CL9 currently available in Japan, but?

Tofu
25-12-2003, 10:02 AM
there are already heaps of aftermarket parts for the euro in japan

just gotta know where to look
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/03accord/index.htm

that carbon fiber air box looks very tasty