PDA

View Full Version : Please explain the difference between facelift and pre-facelift EK front

EG52NV
16-08-2011, 11:13 PM
From a distance I can easily see the difference in the lower section of the bumpers, the removal of the bumper moulds and the update of the headlights to completely clear...

But I've been read here and there that

1. figment of pre-facelift and facelift headlights is actually different and not compatible.

2. Front grill fitment is different for pre-face and face lift.

Is the bonnet shaped differently?

Can someone please explain.

TbM
16-08-2011, 11:39 PM
From what ive read the bonnet, fenders, headlights, bumper are different and possibly the grill is different. Since the headlights are a different shape the bonnet, fenders and bumper need to be a different shape to fit the lights. hope that helps :)

kyzz
17-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Pretty sure there isn't a dramatic difference in the shaping of the bonnet, but there are a few distinctive features

1. the headlights, have an additional reflector i'm pretty sure in the indicator section, which if you do a DIY for EK9 headlights, you must remain reflective
2. the bumper, mouldings were deleted and the opening is shorter lengthwise and there's the side vent or fog light sections implemented into it, check my dp for reference
3. the way the grille and headlights are mounted (grill is a lot harder to DIY to EK9 considering you have to take off the whole front bumper just to get to an additional 2 clips that hold it down..

apart from that there isnt much else difference, hope we could help

mugen_ctr
17-08-2011, 12:01 AM
preface lift 1996 - 1998
Face-lift 1999 - 2000

In simple terms, yes the whole front end is different, if ur gonna do a facelift conversion, u pretty much need the whole front end, front quater panels, grill, bonnet, front bumper and headlights.

The face lift has a much wider front end grill, smaller mouth opening, but has side vents and more aggresive styling, head lamps an sharper corners as opposed to preface lift, which has a one gaping mouth, much rounder head lamps

EG52NV
17-08-2011, 08:34 AM
The headlights are shaped differently? This I did not notice...

TbM
17-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Its a subtle change but i like the facelift lights more i recon :) Heres a link i found that might help :)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?56135-difference-between-96-98-and-99-00-EKs&highlight=facelift%20difference

trism
17-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Interesting fact, out of the ef/g/k series, the eg was the only one not to receive a face lift.
Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

TbM
17-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Nice one Trism i wasnt aware of that, your always full of good info :) I wonder why they didnt facelift the eg.

Mikecivic78
17-08-2011, 01:41 PM
eg was pretty ahead of it's time with body coloured bumpers and decent styling, I guess it didn't need a facelift.

Glocker
17-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice one Trism i wasnt aware of that, your always full of good info :) I wonder why they didnt facelift the eg.

Because it looked frigging awesome as it is.

jajaja
17-08-2011, 04:43 PM
also the radiator support is different. youd have to mod it to facelift your ek.