PDA

View Full Version : Silver's Neomax Coilover leaking

ep3rsteve
18-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Hiya,

Just noticed today that shock oil is pooling up the top of the coilovers near the mount and the damper adjustment on the Rear Right (facing from the front).

I went to soften the damper this morning, and I noticed a little bit before I even touched the damper setting. I then adjusted the damper to fully soft, test drove it - and more started leaking. This is the first time it's happened.

Does anyone know who will service Silvers Neomax coilovers in Australia?

Or will I need to buy a new coilover / set :(

It's never happened before. I bought new rear brake pads and had them fitted yesterday, maybe they did something?

Pics:

http://i.imgur.com/NZmLu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2t4b3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eDFcX.jpg

blastnpast
18-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Very upsetting to see this how much has has the coilovers had? You should check with a general suspension workshop they should be able to help you out dude

Where were these purchased is there any warrenty'

ep3rsteve
18-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Very upsetting to see this how much has has the coilovers had? You should check with a general suspension workshop they should be able to help you out dude

Where were these purchased is there any warrenty'

I bought the car 8thousand K's ago with these on it. Not sure long they've been on, I will find out, but I'd say 1 and a bit years.

I can tell from the box it came in (which had the stock springs and shocks in) they were purchased form the previous owner at J Racing Pty Ltd in Fyshwick ACT.

No date on box unfortunately.

blastnpast
18-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Interesting lol

What location are you from mate? Maybe call them if your anywhere near that location or shift performance in sydney sells these so maybe give them a buzz for people whom can service the shocks

ep3rsteve
18-08-2011, 12:38 PM
from north shore in syd, I called shift just then and I'll take the car over there to get it checked out, bit of a drive but probably just will need to replace one shock, guy on the phone said it wasn't a problem ordering parts.

cheers

blastnpast
18-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah understandable but they are good for a quick look then again they can supply these items so parts won't be an issue, before you complete any purchases from them try a couple places like Jdmyard for pricing on the same part and even JDMaccessories to see if they can source the part out for cheaper

DakDak
16-09-2011, 05:03 PM
My Silvers racing coilovers are leaking after one month of solid use.

Rudy
16-09-2011, 05:19 PM
wouldnt bother replacing a shock.. just chuck em and get some good quality ones

aznboiio1
16-09-2011, 05:28 PM
My Silvers racing coilovers are leaking after one month of solid use.

1 month?! :O
gg

blastnpast
16-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Lol we ended up getting him a new shock and spring for the leaking section for Under $300 so he was happy

DakDak
16-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Was this at shift performance?

blastnpast
17-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Nope through JDMaccessories.com.au

Shift Performance
19-09-2011, 01:25 PM
DakDak-
did you get them from us?

Shift Performance
19-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Anyone who have or are buying the Silvers from us are backed by a 12M unlimited KM warranty ,so if there is any problems please come back because Silvers International want as much feed back as we can give them "IF there is any problems" .

ep3rsteve
08-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Note: to people reading this thread about Silvers neomax, the set I had on my car that started to leak were either a very old design or even a copy. These weren't purchased through Shift. Previous owner put them on. Bought a shock and spring to replace it but these coilovers were past their used by date anyhow!

Decided to get a new set from Shift and fitted them a while ago....no problems or issues since and they've been fantastic. I would recommend them.