PDA

View Full Version : NSW Accelerating to quickly?

cracker
18-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Mate got pulled over today for "accelerating to quickly" although the cop admitted he wasn't speeding, he said he could still fine him for this...

any truth to that?

arverson
18-08-2011, 06:00 PM
its a nicer way of saying 'dragging' or 'hooning'. guess it comes in as another form of 'driving wrecklessly'. but we need more details to see if theres 'any truth to that'...

lemmiwinks
18-08-2011, 06:03 PM
They brought the "accelerating quickly" law in as a hoon law recently in Victoria. Biggest load of shit. How do you determine if someone is accelerating quickly? The one that is ahead of everyone once the lights go green? :confused:

cracker
18-08-2011, 06:03 PM
to be honest, my mate is a bit of a hoon, he thinks his a smart hoon though, he has a Stock Evo, sitting on pacific highway next to police car at the front of the lights, takes off slowly, its a 60 zone, redlines first, shifts into 2nd and cruises, cop pulls him over. that is literally all that happened.

lemmiwinks
18-08-2011, 06:05 PM
to be honest, my mate is a bit of a hoon, he thinks his a smart hoon though, he has a Stock Evo, sitting on pacific highway next to police car at the front of the lights, takes off slowly, its a 60 zone, redlines first, shifts into 2nd and cruises, cop pulls him over. that is literally all that happened.

To be honest, I don't think he's very smart at all. Why would you even redline it next to a copper? Unless it was unmarked or something?

cracker
18-08-2011, 06:07 PM
because he belives there is no fine for 'rapid acceleration', so his theory is that "what would they fine me for?"

arverson
18-08-2011, 06:19 PM
yer not a smart move by your friend to be honest. was there a need to redline it? no mention of 2 lanes merging so we can rule that out i guess

you mentioned the cop said 'could still fine him for this', im assuming your friend didnt end up recieving one. he should consider himself lucky..

cracker
18-08-2011, 06:24 PM
to be honest, his an idiot, he has been stopped and threatened twice before in relation to this exact offense and never been booked for it.

he was in the right lane, so a merging lane probably wouldn't be relative, note, I found this from another forum and LOL theres a guy named Cracker in that thread as well (no not me)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/138829-legality-accelerating-fast-60kph.html

chauster
18-08-2011, 06:31 PM
revving past 4k = wreckless driving.

in cops eyes anyway.

cracker
18-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Road Traffic Act 1974:

Division 4 — Impounding and confiscation of vehicles for certain offences
78A. Interpretation of Division 4
In this Division —
“circumstances of aggravation” means circumstances in which —
(a) the vehicle is being used to race another vehicle;
(b) the vehicle is being used in an attempt to establish or break a speed record;
(c) the speed, or the acceleration, braking or steering capability, of the vehicle is being tested or contested in any way;
(d) the skill of the vehicle’s driver is being tested or contested in any way;
(e) the vehicle is driven in a manner that causes smoke to come from one or more of the vehicle’s tyres or a substance on the driving surface; or
(f) the vehicle is driven in a manner that causes one or more of the vehicle’s driving wheels to lose traction with the driving surface;

that is all i found, apparently it falls under C and D, can anyone else actually find anything concrete though regarding this law?

chauster
18-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I giggled a little at E.

Losing traction is considered doing a burnout. whether you're at the lights and your foot slips at the clutch or cornering and your wheels squeal. Losing hectik traction is considered an offence.

u mad?
18-08-2011, 08:00 PM
lol @ your mate, sif redline a sports car right next to a pig

cracker
18-08-2011, 08:32 PM
well his cars stock, so he has no worries

CrystalSkull
04-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Redlining in a 60 zone; I'd give him a warning too.

grifty
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
what if you got shit tyres with a shit wheel alignment and your wheels start to squeal around a turn, they gonna give me a fine??? lol

unl3a5h
04-09-2011, 01:40 PM
i got pulled over because a cop heard my tyres screech slightly he hadn't turned the corner and saw me coming around walked up to my window saying its not funny any more is it your gonna lose your license asked him why he said using excessive force and neg driving he was a detective. this was the third day of the easter show this year haven't received a notice yet. anyone think it will come one day and screw me up?

but yeh ur mate can get booked if the cop wants to

blahZ
04-09-2011, 03:39 PM
what if you got shit tyres with a shit wheel alignment and your wheels start to squeal around a turn, they gonna give me a fine??? lol

maybe they defect you instead

TGW92
05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
revving past 4k = wreckless driving.

in cops eyes anyway.

Damn, my DC2R revs above 4 on the highway..... I'm in trouble :P

On another note, my gf was also pulled over for this same offence... But at the time she was driving a Proton Jumbuck??? I thought some sort of commendation was in order for getting that thing to accelerate..... :P

WATAJK
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Done that before... Cop winded down his window goes.. "Nice car" "Yeah, thanks" About to wind window up, "i've got a dc2r at home" Had a nice chat at the lights, he said take it easy and becarful of VTECing in streets as you can be booked...

I lol'd and went WTF @ same time.. My face :| LOL

EG52NV
05-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Yeah for unroadworthy vehicle

cracker
09-02-2012, 06:52 PM
can i rebump this thread lol, same mate got pulled over in his current daily which is a dead stock S15 for doing practically the same thing, again he received no fine, again cop gave him same sort of warning, has anyone actually ever been booked for this or are cops just talking shit?

EKVTIR-T
09-02-2012, 06:57 PM
If they charge him he can win in court.

I was charged with this including smoke from tyres,rear end drifting *in a fwd mind you and dragging..

Used a lawyer and got off the lot

dougie_504
09-02-2012, 07:04 PM
They call it an 'exhibition of acceleration'. Open to interpretation IMO. Kinda bs but serves him right for driving silly.

cracker
09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
well he didn't get a fine, yet again, maybe the 4th time he has been pulled over for this very act lol... i'm starting to wonder if it even actually exists..

mocchi
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
If they charge him he can win in court.

I was charged with this including smoke from tyres,rear end drifting *in a fwd mind you and dragging..

Used a lawyer and got off the lot

how much did you pay for the lawyer?
or was it paid by police since they lost
is that how it works?

EKVTIR-T
10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Cost me $1200 which seems alot but if I lost I would have had license taken for 1 year and just about $800 in fines from memory so was worth it

Stevil
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I had a Highway patrol pull up on my leftside once at the lights, his lane didn't merge but ended with parked cars about 30m out and he assumed that he'd have plenty of time to get around me ?? WRONG. I decided 2nd gear and 460nm should be enough for the dickwad. Didn't need to use more than 2000rpm but it was priceless watching the idiot realize that a modern turbo diesel wrangler with short gearing could do that.

Grayfox
26-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Cops are idiots and they are not mechanics at the least.

They claim that your car has defects, i bet if you were to look at their car you would find defects due to the governments underfunding not paying for servicing on the patrol units.