PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Issue - Stud Adapters?

stiadouc
20-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, a few weeks back I purchased a whole 96 - 98 ITR Stud conversion and wheels. I was hoping to put these on my 94 VTI-R Integra so that I could change the stud pattern from 4x100 to 4x114.3. Issue is, in the 96 - 98 ITR ABS was an optional extra.

Issue is, I cannot exchange these parts on the car without losing my ABS, which my parents aren't happy about (gay) so I thought about purchasing stud adapters so that I can rock my white 4x114.3 Integra Type R wheels on my VTI-R. I'm wondering how much the adapters will change my offset and if they're effective, I know they're defect etc, but its only for daily driving so they're not going to be abused. Does anyone know where I can buy the adapters too? I don't want my wheels coming out of the guards, maybe just sitting flush. Thanks!

TheSaint
20-08-2011, 11:55 AM
they are dangerous and illegal - sell the ITR stuff and get some nice JDM wheels in 4x100

trism
20-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Totally disagree with the dangerous part.

A good quality set of bolt on hubcentric spacers is just as safe as the cars hub. Porsche have been using them on 911s for about 40 years, from the factory, and they don't have any problems.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

TheSaint
20-08-2011, 12:53 PM
hrm iv only ever read bad things about them - generally the ones that people will buy off the shelf wont be made to a very high standard

stiadouc
20-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Thats what I've read up on, just wondering about the offset issue, and where to get them

chargeR
20-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Well the stock '96 spec wheels are 15x6 +50 so even with a 25mm adapter that only puts them at +25 which will still fit, but that is a lot of effort to fit such a narrow crappy wheel. If you like that look Weds TC05 are very similar in appearance, come in 4x100, are forged and lightweight and a are available in a much nicer range of widths and offsets.

x3cindymichael
13-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, a few weeks back I purchased a whole 96 - 98 ITR Stud conversion and wheels. I was hoping to put these on my 94 VTI-R Integra so that I could change the stud pattern from 4x100 to 4x114.3. Issue is, in the 96 - 98 ITR ABS was an optional extra.

Issue is, I cannot exchange these parts on the car without losing my ABS, which my parents aren't happy about (gay) so I thought about purchasing stud adapters so that I can rock my white 4x114.3 Integra Type R wheels on my VTI-R. I'm wondering how much the adapters will change my offset and if they're effective, I know they're defect etc, but its only for daily driving so they're not going to be abused. Does anyone know where I can buy the adapters too? I don't want my wheels coming out of the guards, maybe just sitting flush. Thanks!

hey there adaptors/spacers are fine. my mate was running 4 x 114.3 wheels on his em1 using them . He had no problems at all, his wheels were already low offset so they stuck out of the guards. I've read someone else say the offset on your itr wheels are +50 which means you can run anything up to 30 mm 4 x 100 to 114.3 adapators and sit flush (might require some guard rolling) but damm will look nice. if your interested in these shoot me a pm i have a set i can hook you up with . hope this helps but.
goodluck

mugen_ctr
13-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Totally disagree with the dangerous part.

A good quality set of bolt on hubcentric spacers is just as safe as the cars hub. Porsche have been using them on 911s for about 40 years, from the factory, and they don't have any problems.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

To add to this, this is what some track junkies even use, as its a cheaper solution to modifying the axles to be wider, so if a track car can use em, why cant a road car?

flipfire
13-09-2011, 12:07 PM
have a read at this, its good info:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?130387-Discussion-Wheel-Spacers....-Different-types-pros-and-cons-safety-and-legality

Basically the floating slip on ones are dangerous because theres less thread for the nuts (unless you have extended studs)