PDA

View Full Version : how much does it cost to replace clutch master cylinder dc2r?

integraR
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
how much does it cost to replace clutch master cylinder dc2r?
I've got a few quotes from a few places and not sure how much I should be paying.

riruiz_88
20-08-2011, 02:19 PM
not very difficult to DIY, maybe the worst part would be getting under the dash but thats it.
if you have the tools, give it a go man

dougie_504
21-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I did mine on my D16Y1. Took me a couple of hours, and I picked up a 2nd hand one for about $10 at a wrecker.

If you can get a spare one to replace your's then you can DIY, otherwise it shouldn't really cost more than 2-3 hours worth of labour.

Happy to help you out if you like. All you need is the new CMC, some brake fluid, and be prepared to have a sore back from lying on the floor of your car with the seat mount sticking into your back LOL

bennjamin
21-08-2011, 10:14 AM
OP

if you dont know how much it generally costs - you CANT possibly have a hope of doing it yourself. Please dont even attempt it - its not the same level as a oil change ! Its alittle fiddly and you can fukc it up.

Pay a mechanic or mate $100-300 ish to do it , parts and labour included. Also replace the SLAVE cylinder at the same time.

dc2r-0636
21-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Agree with bennjamin, i was so close to doing it my self but chickened out and got honda to do mine. Cost me just iver $300 at courtney and patterson honda in heidelberg.

Thats including parts (CMC and slave), labour and a free wash :)

trism
21-08-2011, 11:46 AM
300 for parts and labour is pretty damn good.

dougie_504
21-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I had the benefit of taking the CMC for my EH9 off a wreck at Pick-A-Part. Got it off a manual EG4.

I often go here to get little parts I want, and while I'm there I experiment with how to remove/re-install certain parts before trying on my car. So I figured out how to remove the CMC (with Honda manual instructions), removed it from the wreck, and then doing it on my car wasn't so hard at all.

integraR
23-08-2011, 09:16 PM
ahahaha i'm not good with diy tend to break more things then fix them

anyways thanks for the comments I really appreciate it and I got it fixed properly for a fair price :D