PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic eBay Lowering Springs? Yea no?

Aaron1259
21-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/96-00-HONDA-CIVIC-RED-RACING-LOWERING-SPRINGS-/320742328024?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aadbb86d8#ht_2603wt_905

Has anybody have any experience with these, I don't have a really big budget. Are there any alternatives?

mugen_ctr
21-08-2011, 09:42 PM
no, dont waste ur money on coil springs, they can be dangerous, my mate had em in his eg, the spring fell out of its seat!

better off getting lowered springs that was designed and made for ek.... kings, tein and apex jus to name a few companies that do lowered springs

or save up for coilovers later on, or coil/spring combo

And also, it doesnt specify what spring rates the spring are... and its most likely a non-progressive spring

TheSaint
21-08-2011, 10:15 PM
they will also probably destroy ur stock shocks in a couple of months as well

save up and get some tein s-techs - great value for money

dougie_504
21-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Hell no. They're cheap for a reason!

Respect your car and use proven parts. Good springs (Eibach or similar) or just buy coilovers. Not worth the headache otherwise...

Aaron1259
22-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I see, how about getting a second hand set of Eibachs/tein, would they be better than eBays?

TheSaint
22-08-2011, 03:00 PM
I see, how about getting a second hand set of Eibachs/tein, would they be better than eBays?

depends how much they were used, if they are damaged etc

danNyja1
30-08-2011, 01:14 PM
they will also probably destroy ur stock shocks in a couple of months as well

save up and get some tein s-techs - great value for money

^+1
i wouldnt recommend buying any other coil springs if ur using ur stock struts.
tein s-techs are perfect for stock shocks.
eibach springs can be really stiff and will wear out ur suspension quickly,
king springs will do the same as a mate's EK now feels like its going to drop on the floor whenever u turn.

blastnpast
30-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Lol I used these set of coilovers when I was a cheap skate young and dumb. I advise you not to use them as they contributed to my accident in my yellow EK civic as it was bouncing all over the street very dangerous. A word of advice if you want to get coilovers or spring set ups please do not hesitate to buy proper ones

TheSaint
30-08-2011, 03:19 PM
^+1
i wouldnt recommend buying any other coil springs if ur using ur stock struts.
tein s-techs are perfect for stock shocks.
eibach springs can be really stiff and will wear out ur suspension quickly,
king springs will do the same as a mate's EK now feels like its going to drop on the floor whenever u turn.

although in saying that - the tein s-techs destroyed my stock shocks in about 5 months lol
but than again the car is from 1993 ... so u cant really complain =p

danNyja1
30-08-2011, 03:51 PM
although in saying that - the tein s-techs destroyed my stock shocks in about 5 months lol
but than again the car is from 1993 ... so u cant really complain =p

ive had the s-techs in my car for about 5 months with no problems :)