PDA

View Full Version : '97 CRX (Audm) Bleeding Brakes

Mikecivic78
23-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

I want to bleed the brakes on an EG1 Audm CRX and looking in the engine bay, I see that it is some type of split system with 2 reservoirs for brake fluid.

I just want to know what the bleeding sequence is ( I believe that it's different to say an EK which goes from furtherest wheel to closest).

Also, is there anything else that I should know?

I don't have a manual and I've searched google etc, but can't get a definitive answer.

grifty
23-08-2011, 09:44 AM
heres a DIY on how to do it

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?32792-DIY-ABS-Bleed-Type-I-amp-II

ECU-MAN
23-08-2011, 09:49 AM
this is what you have to do

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?32792-DIY-ABS-Bleed-Type-I-amp-II

Mikecivic78
23-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the links gents :)

So the ABS system is competely seperate job from regular brake bleeding? So normal brake bleeding sequence for the brakes (passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front)?

Does the Special Honda T piece ALB Bleed tool cost an arm and a leg? How much we looking at? Can it be substituted by anything?

ECU-MAN
23-08-2011, 11:08 AM
start with
Left Rear then Right Front
Right Rear then Left Front

You would have to cantact Honda for a price in the ABS Bleed Tool, no Idea on ho wmuch it would cost.
you can make your own. remember the brake fluid is under high pressure

Mikecivic78
23-08-2011, 11:40 AM
many thanks.

Just one more noob Q. Which should I bleed 1st? ABS system or normal brake system? Does it matter?

ECU-MAN
23-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Brakes then ABS

Mikecivic78
23-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Cheers

Rep +1 sent

EG5VTI
23-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Niiiice! Thanks guys :D

patchwick
24-08-2011, 10:48 PM
start with
Left Rear then Right Front
Right Rear then Left Front

You would have to cantact Honda for a price in the ABS Bleed Tool, no Idea on ho wmuch it would cost.
you can make your own. remember the brake fluid is under high pressure

can i ask what will happen if I miss the proper sequence? Im having issues at the moment with bleeding the RR brake line..theres no fluid coming out of on the end of the line.. not sure if the line is clogged or simply just missed the proper sequence (bleeded the front brakes 1st.. :P)

EG5VTI
24-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I also wanted to ask if anyone knew.

Am I able to bleed just the breaks and not the ABS on an eg2 b16 crx del sol??

ECU-MAN
27-08-2011, 01:37 PM
can can just bleed the brakes and not the ABS on a CRX, however its only a matter of time when you have to replace the ABS modulator due to not having it bleed for long preiods of time. solenoids and pump will fail.

if you bleed the brakes out of sequence you can get away with it, however if you have replaced the master cylinder you will forever be bleeding the brakes to get a firm pedal as you may not get the air out properly.

if you have a blocked line, then the nipple may be blocked. you may have to clap off the brake hose, remove the nipple and clean it.