PDA

View Full Version : wheel aligment?

mugen_ctr
23-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey peeps, booked my car in a the tire shop, now i can go two ways about this...

Current sitting on coilovers and adjustable camber arms fronts and rears.... ive lowered it to my desired ride height, so hopefully now the new settings can realign the wheels.

I was thinking of somethinng like

camber: F: -1.0 R -0.5

and Toe setting, oem settings

OR

i can just go oem specs all the way

advice is welcome, the car is a daily, with occasional spirited driving once a month or so

vtecing
23-08-2011, 04:25 PM
id go -1.5 on front and -0.75ish on the rear. 2mm tow in on front and neutral on rear. Also, did you make sure all the height is even on each corner? How did you do this?

mugen_ctr
23-08-2011, 04:55 PM
id go -1.5 on front and -0.75ish on the rear. 2mm tow in on front and neutral on rear. Also, did you make sure all the height is even on each corner? How did you do this?

the height, im going to double check on a this coming weekend since its booked next tuesday, to make sure its even all around, using a tape measure lol

cheers for the input :)

vtecing
24-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Make sure u measure from the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch, as tyre pressure can vary from each corner and interfere with your reading. Needless to say do it on perfectly flat ground

gumus89
26-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you go alright?

You could have gone OEM settings with the increased camber. Camber wear is insignificant compared to toe wear and you would just rotate your tyres to even things out.

mugen_ctr
26-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Did you go alright?

You could have gone OEM settings with the increased camber. Camber wear is insignificant compared to toe wear and you would just rotate your tyres to even things out.

I was thinking of oem specs, but since i got most adjustment, why not make some use of it lol.... i can always revert back to oem if things dont look to well i guess

No not yet, gonna install the front camber kit in 2morrw, and the cars booked in for alignment on Tuesday as its the only day i got off from uni

I was always taught, its a combination of toe and camber that kills tires, and being a daily, thats the last thing i want lol

quangsuke
27-08-2011, 10:57 PM
depends on what ur setting the car up for. if its just for a daily keep it all oem specs. no need for any camber or toe.